Police Power Pool

xl8

Give your character that law enforcement feel with:

1. Pistol from dual pistols (animation only) Ranged, Minor DMG (Lethal)

2. Tear Gas. Lower rch than temp version. Mag 2

3. Baton. Lower rch than temp version. Moderate damage (Smashing). Mag 2

4. Riot Shield. Timed buff to resistance.

5. Back up radio. Basically the temporary power.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Other than the Riot Shield, all of those can be acquired as Temp Powers.

Naturally, customization and Slotting would be nice, and not having to park the character for Day Job refills (but Day Job improvements are a different thread), but at least one can simulate the theme with existing game content.

Note:  This is coming from someone who is perhaps -the most- vocal about getting some more Natural Power Sets up in this joint . . . so . . . something to consider, maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still makes me chuckle that pistols only have "minor" damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I seem to have had a very mild and 'calming' post deleted while some rather inflammatory ones remain. Maybe this entire topic should be closed or deleted.

• Thumbs Down 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Many temp powers are pulled straight from powersets.  I dont see why a set cant be made from temps.  None of them are overpowered and could be tuned if they were.  This is also similar to the powerset recycling and i dont recall it having such a cold reception.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something like this, I think I'd want to see if we got something Patron-like heroside. It has more of that sort of flavor to me.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

15 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Something like this, I think I'd want to see if we got something Patron-like heroside. It has more of that sort of flavor to me.

Maybe like a branching path, start out as a beat cop, then upon reaching certain lvl go either powered PPD(armored powersuit), psi cops, or more traditional with leadership pool and summoning.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, GraspingVileTerror said:

(A) Redside already has patrons, and

(B) Blueside has police as well, y'know.

More specifically, the RIP are there mostly to terrorize lowbies and Skulls in Mercy. The PPD show up throughout 1-50, either as part of missions (and upgrading through things like Awakened and Psi police) and just as part of the environment (NPCs and contacts.)  Redside, you don't even see the RIP in Oakes. (I just went and looked to double check my memory - I saw one person who looked police-ish and was labeled as "Security Guard." That's the closest thing to a police presence.)

Not really "patron" material.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'd rather a more generic "small arms" or "personal defense" type power pool - perhaps something like:

1. Throwing knife - similar to the origin power, but with greater range, more damage, and slottable.

2. Steadied shot - a simple, aimed single pistol attack; low lethal damage, small -def debuff.

3. Reinforced clothing - auto power, minor resistance to all damage (very small amount).

4. Flashbang - thrown grenade power - minor smashing damage, disorients targets in a small AoE.

5. Combat training - toggle power that grants a small degree of protection against immobilizes, knockdowns, and slow effects.

• Like 1