Please have players zone in further from the portal in Oro

Excraft

Super super annoying to try and exit Oro when there are piles of others just loitering around on top of the exit portal.   Can we please have players zone in a little further away from it as they come in?  Would be a super helpful QoL improvement.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

+1 on this. I don't know how the code works, but a random/ordered grid large enough for 20-30 alts would be nice. Or, fun, anywhere on the plaza.

In a related though, it would be nice if some of the redside portals didn't have mobs spawn within aggro range. Sharkhead in particular is hard to get to or get away from without a nearby mob getting all hinkity at you.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 3 weeks later

Bumping this.  Can this please get added to the list of things to do and addressed?  Oro is basically becoming unusable because of this since it's where iTrial leagues are being formed.  People are just zoning in and camping on the portal.  Add in pets and its literally impossible to click on the portal to exit.

I don't think anything needs to be done about this. It's not unusable, you just have to move over to the exit and click it. Unusable would mean you click the exit and nothing happens. Besides, if you use your Ouro portal power while in Ouroboros, it will tp you right next to the exit. You'll be able to click it then. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
Unplayable to unusable
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I don't think anything needs to be done about this. It's not unusable, you just have to move over to the exit and click it. Unusable would mean you click the exit and nothing happens. Besides, if you use your Ouro portal power while in Ouroboros, it will tp you right next to the exit. You'll be able to click it then. 

IIRC, you play on the Indomitable shard, where iTrials are formed in Pocket D.  On Excelsior (which has about six times the population of Indomitable), where iTrials are formed in Ouroboros, it's quite bad.  People zone into Ouroboros for iTrials, and then don't move at all, making access to the Ouroboros exit extremely difficult.  Sometimes, I would literally have to fly up and reach the exit from the top above everyone as getting to it from the ground was almost impossible.

Thankfully, I moved to the Torchbearer shard several months ago, where the majority of iTrials are formed in Pocket D and Dark Astoria.  Occasionally, one is formed in Ouroboros, but due to the smaller shard population it isn't an issue.

Still, this definitely needs to be fixed for Excelsior and Everlasting.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Apparition said:

IIRC, you play on the Indomitable shard, where iTrials are formed in Pocket D.  On Excelsior (which has about six times the population of Indomitable), where iTrials are formed in Ouroboros, it's quite bad.  People zone into Ouroboros for iTrials, and then don't move at all, making access to the Ouroboros exit extremely difficult.  Sometimes, I would literally have to fly up and reach the exit from the top above everyone as getting to it from the ground was almost impossible.

Thankfully, I moved to the Torchbearer shard several months ago, where the majority of iTrials are formed in Pocket D and Dark Astoria.  Occasionally, one is formed in Ouroboros, but due to the smaller shard population it isn't an issue.

Like...you can't just do a thing for specific servers. I am on Excel throughout the day and use ouro constantly, never once have I had an issue with it. 

• Thumbs Down 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Yeah, I'm mostly on Indom. I'll admit haven't experienced what is being described, but I know that my suggestion for using the ouro portal in Ouroboros still stands as a viable alternative, assuming a player went to the zone without the intention of using the flashback, like as described, or just maybe to explore the Echo zones or do the tfs.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Just have them spawn in 10' off the side of the mezzanine so they can fall to the reflection pool.

On Everlasting it gets bad sometimes, but, then again people are alittle slow so moving out of the way for everyone is unfathomable.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

It does not *seem* that it would be hard to put several portals around the ring, in the same manner that there are often a number of med-portals in the same area.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Thumbs Down 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Like...you can't just do a thing for specific servers. I am on Excel throughout the day and use ouro constantly, never once have I had an issue with it. 

The old "I have a sandwich, so you can't be hungry" excuse never works.  When I'm on Excel it's a problem not just for me but for my family, friends and SG mates as well as others in the leagues I run with for iTrials and such.  I get it, you don't see the problem.  That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Excraft said:

The old "I have a sandwich, so you can't be hungry" excuse never works.  When I'm on Excel it's a problem not just for me but for my family, friends and SG mates as well as others in the leagues I run with for iTrials and such.  I get it, you don't see the problem.  That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Sure, I get that. If the issue is that *you* can't get out, and you're using the Ouro specifically for the mission access, that does suck but I don't know what to tell you. You can't control other people's behavior. 

If you're using ouro for travel, just don't. Build a base with teleporters and deal. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

36 minutes ago, Excraft said:

What is the extent of the problem? As a daily user of Excel ouro, the QoL problem seems to amount to no more than “I had to move my cursor a little to click the portal.”

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

You can't control other people's behavior. 

That's absolutely correct which is why I'm asking for a simple QoL change to have people zone in a little further away from the portal so it doesn't get cluttered with bodies and pets. 

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

What is the extent of the problem? As a daily user of Excel ouro, the QoL problem seems to amount to no more than “I had to move my cursor a little to click the portal.”

People could also have some degree of courtesy for their fellow players and move off the portal when they zone in.  I know having to move their character a little when they come in is a big ask.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, Excraft said:

I know having to move their character a little when they come in is a big ask.

Whether this was sarcastic or not, the same could be said for the players who aren't willing to drag their mouse/move over to the portal and click it to exit, or use the other methods mentioned in this thread.

And while I've stated I'm against this suggestion, I would be open to dropping a second portal that provides the same function if that is an easy fix. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

I agree this is totally annoying at times especially when there's leagues running.  People are using Oro to form SBB and HoH too and that portal can get really crowded especially with MM and Lore pets as leagues are going.  

16 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Whether this was sarcastic or not, the same could be said for the players who aren't willing to drag their mouse/move over to the portal and click it to exit, or use the other methods mentioned in this thread.

Changing the entrance point a little further away from the portal itself solves the problem on both ends. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Idea that wouldn't be too hard to code. Put a pbaoe repel aura on the portals themselves across the whole game which will periodically pulse and push players out to 10 feet off the door. The repel would need a high enough mag to counter repel protection IO's.

This way all players would be able to zone in and it would shift them out so people can easily click on the portals to get out.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Idea that wouldn't be too hard to code. Put a pbaoe repel aura on the portals themselves across the whole game which will periodically pulse and push players out to 10 feet off the door. The repel would need a high enough mag to counter repel protection IO's.

This way all players would be able to zone in and it would shift them out so people can easily click on the portals to get out.

Not sure building a pulse thing is needed if this whole thing works like it does with teleport points in bases, they can just set the teleport point wherever they want.  

1 hour ago, ZacKing said:

I agree this is totally annoying at times especially when there's leagues running.  People are using Oro to form SBB and HoH too and that portal can get really crowded especially with MM and Lore pets as leagues are going.  

Changing the entrance point a little further away from the portal itself solves the problem on both ends. 

Disagree 

Pocket D Zone Tour

9 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Disagree 

You're welcome to disagree but having the zone in point a little further back from the portal itself prevents it from getting cluttered by bodies and prevents people from having to move away from it as they come in themselves.  So yeah, it does solve the problem on both ends.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:09 PM, Excraft said:

Super super annoying to try and exit Oro when there are piles of others just loitering around on top of the exit portal.   Can we please have players zone in a little further away from it as they come in?  Would be a super helpful QoL improvement.  Thank you.

I wouldn't be against the spawn in point be the on the steps on the other side of the pond.

With all the 50's running around, it does seem to be the most crowded spawn-in point in THE CITY.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

15 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

You're welcome to disagree but having the zone in point a little further back from the portal itself prevents it from getting cluttered by bodies and prevents people from having to move away from it as they come in themselves.  So yeah, it does solve the problem on both ends.

Disagree again. Here are five alternatives already suggested in this thread that accomplish the same thing and require no additional work on the part of the HC team:

1. Play on a different server with a lower population

2. Use the Ouroboros portal while in the zone to get teleported directly to the exit.

3. Exit using any other methods (Team teleport, Long Range Teleport, Mission Teleport, Supergroup Base Portal power, Mission Team teleport, temp teleport powers, etc.)

4. Teleport to the exit or have another player teleport you to the exit.

5. Just click the exit and grumble about it later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Pocket D Zone Tour