Halloween Badges

The_Warpact

Is there an updated list of all the badges for Halloween?

Also, ones which benefit from Halloween like Crotoa being dark and ghosts constantly spawning.

I've gotten badges in the past from Halloween but never a serious attempt and last year just didn't have time working on the Covid ward.

Any help is appreciated. 

🎃 👻 🎃 👻 😱

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I think this page is up to date on the Halloween event badges: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Event_Badges

There are also the Hell and Back and Meticulous accolade badges that award for getting all the Deadly Apocalypse and Halloween Tip Mission badges, respectively.

As for badges that are easier during Halloween, I'm not sure about that—although you're right that ghosts should be easier.  Maybe spectral pirates in Port Oakes?

• Thanks 1

Halloween_event_badges.PNG

This is a complete list of the Hallowe'en badges. 

Note: Arriviste/Trusting are alignment specific. You can get the tip, then switch alignment to get the Arriviste or Trusted badge option. Also - if you're on a team, you're rogue, they're vig - doesn't matter, you'll have the option to choose Arriviste, and vice-versa. 

Tips (anecdotally) drop at the same rate, teamed or solo, but if you're teamed, you can choose any of the options you haven't chosen yet, without regard to what the team lead choses. 
You don't have to necessarily click on those glowies to increase the timer, because all that's required is beating the boss and the surrounding mobs. Anyone with stealth or just high enough hp or defense to ignore the mobs can zip through easily to the end. 

Sinister Summoner is new with the latest patch. BEFORE anyone enters the house, any on the team needs to talk with Devil Girl, choose the top option of dialogue each time, then talk to Bored Guy & Bored Girl (any order), then back to Devil Girl where the Black Whip will spawn. Seems like this Monster is harder than the AV at the end. 

Banners can be tricky in a populated zone. 
Kill mobs to make banners vulnerable. Optimally, you'd have 4 teams, one at each banner. Each team kills those mobs to make the banners vulnerable. It's timed, which is why splitting up is a good idea. When the banners are vulnerable: EITHER at least one representative from each team should be at each banner so that all teammates get credit for the badges, OR all teams tackle the same banner at the same time, then move to the next. The latter is generally for best results as far as badges go. It's quite easy with wise use of Incandescence. It's also wise to avoid IP and Nerva for banners just because of the size of the zone. 

And, it may need to be said - before you do any of this stuff, Trick or Treat until you get a costume, then toggle it on. If you're doing House of Horrors without a costume, and you're after the badges, you'll need to redo it, as one badge for beating the final AV is called "Tricked Out" and is only awarded if you're in a costume. Further, the Hallowe'en tips missions won't drop if you're not in costume. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

And, it may need to be said - before you do any of this stuff, Trick or Treat until you get a costume, then toggle it on. If you're doing House of Horrors without a costume, and you're after the badges, you'll need to redo it, as one badge for beating the final AV is called "Tricked Out" and is only awarded if you're in a costume.

Yeah, I had to make a second attempt to get this badge on my main.  The first time through I died during the final AV fight, and when I rezzed I forgot to reactivate my costume.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

Sinister Summoner is new with the latest patch. BEFORE anyone enters the house, any on the team needs to talk with Devil Girl, choose the top option of dialogue each time, then talk to Bored Guy & Bored Girl (any order), then back to Devil Girl where the Black Whip will spawn. Seems like this Monster is harder than the AV at the end.

Yeah, but he's just a huge bag of hit points that hits like a wet noodle.  And there's no time limit on this guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

17 hours ago, Ukase said:

Halloween_event_badges.PNG

This is a complete list of the Hallowe'en badges. 

Note: Arriviste/Trusting are alignment specific. You can get the tip, then switch alignment to get the Arriviste or Trusted badge option. Also - if you're on a team, you're rogue, they're vig - doesn't matter, you'll have the option to choose Arriviste, and vice-versa. 

Tips (anecdotally) drop at the same rate, teamed or solo, but if you're teamed, you can choose any of the options you haven't chosen yet, without regard to what the team lead choses. 
You don't have to necessarily click on those glowies to increase the timer, because all that's required is beating the boss and the surrounding mobs. Anyone with stealth or just high enough hp or defense to ignore the mobs can zip through easily to the end. 

Banners can be tricky in a populated zone. 
Kill mobs to make banners vulnerable. Optimally, you'd have 4 teams, one at each banner. Each team kills those mobs to make the banners vulnerable. It's timed, which is why splitting up is a good idea. When the banners are vulnerable: EITHER at least one representative from each team should be at each banner so that all teammates get credit for the badges, OR all teams tackle the same banner at the same time, then move to the next. The latter is generally for best results as far as badges go. It's quite easy with wise use of Incandescence. It's also wise to avoid IP and Nerva for banners just because of the size of the zone. 

And, it may need to be said - before you do any of this stuff, Trick or Treat until you get a costume, then toggle it on. If you're doing House of Horrors without a costume, and you're after the badges, you'll need to redo it, as one badge for beating the final AV is called "Tricked Out" and is only awarded if you're in a costume. Further, the Hallowe'en tips missions won't drop if you're not in costume. 

You are great!

• Thanks 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

• 4 weeks later
  • 1 year later

Question concerning the tips mission "whispered rumors".
Its said on the badge guide : "This Tip mission is part of the Halloween Event. It is dropped by defeating Trick or Treat enemies while in costume,"

I've spend 1 hour in a league killing hundred of mobs and I still do not get this tip mission ready to be done in my contact/tip list. Is there something I am missing ?

On 10/28/2023 at 1:50 PM, VULCAN said:

Question concerning the tips mission "whispered rumors".
Its said on the badge guide : "This Tip mission is part of the Halloween Event. It is dropped by defeating Trick or Treat enemies while in costume,"

I've spend 1 hour in a league killing hundred of mobs and I still do not get this tip mission ready to be done in my contact/tip list. Is there something I am missing ?

You can only have 3 tips, iirc.  (Valentine delivery/tips do not go towards this count.)  So, you may need to abandon your normal tips until you get your whispered rumor.  **Be sure to be in a dropped Halloween Costume while ToT'ing - NOT one of the purchased costumes with Aether Particle doohickies. 

5 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

You can only have 3 tips, iirc.  (Valentine delivery/tips do not go towards this count.)  So, you may need to abandon your normal tips until you get your whispered rumor.  **Be sure to be in a dropped Halloween Costume while ToT'ing - NOT one of the purchased costumes with Aether Particle doohickies. 

True on needing to wear the costume while knocking on doors.  You don't get it from defeating enemies, but for doors.

However, the Whisper Tip does not count toward the total.  You can have three regular tips plus Whisper (and V-Day) and exploration tips.

Edited by lemming
  • Thumbs Up 1

To correct some misinformation with actual facts - in the recent ToT my characters collecting the badges wore a 10 PaP Cabal costume. It worked just fine for treats getting the costumes and whispered rumor tips. Never wore any of those dropped costumes. No need to delete any of the regular tips to make space for the whispered rumor tip.

• Thumbs Up 1