What villain group would you join?

KaizenSoze

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Arachnos.  Coolest Rides.  Coolest Uniforms.  A Capitol City that looks like a Sith Temple.  👍

I'm still sticking with the Carnie chicks but there's definitely some room for argument on this side of the court.  Plus, as has been mentioned in other resources, Ghost Widow is, for something that is basically in an undead state, "kind of hot".  I always saw Arachnos as sort of a SPECTRE-type organization that just happened to have superpowered resources (if we're to regard the Daniel Craig SPECTRE as canon, that analogy bears even greater weight with CoX, I think), but those resources, as you've indicated, Triumphant, do score pretty damn highly on the coolness and, "I gotta get me onea those," scale.

I'm guessing 'Vanguard' doesn't count, since they are usually allies of both the heroes and villains...

If I can't pick Vanguard, I'd go with Malta.  I am an absolute sucker for the trope of 'I don't need super powers to be the most dangerous person in the room.' 

Also, not gonna lie, Director 13's quote in the Apex Task Force about Malta fighting to prevent the world from turning into another Praetoria ruled by unchallenged supermen speaks to me.  (Of course, Malta would prefer that the world be ruled by THEM unchallenged, but that's an issue for another day...)

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, Lazarillo said:

Carnie Strongmen are not just mind-drones like the ladies, but flat-out reanimated corpses.  So yeah, you probably wouldn't enjoy the experience.

Where's that in the lore?  All I see, admittedly just from the wiki, is that "Strongmen are recruited for their potential and are dominated by the Ring Mistresses" and are "promoted" after a certain amount of time.  But I could easily have skipped over some big revelations in a story arc.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1

Like a diamond-bladed sword, the Knives of Artemis are incomparably beautiful and deadly. Bewitching tales of the Knives of Artemis are told by military pundits and war journalists in awed tones around the world. Heroes speak of them with equal parts enthrallment and dread, because they are renowned for their charms as much as for their mercilessness.

• Like 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

8 hours ago, Zhym said:

Where's that in the lore?  All I see, admittedly just from the wiki, is that "Strongmen are recruited for their potential and are dominated by the Ring Mistresses" and are "promoted" after a certain amount of time.  But I could easily have skipped over some big revelations in a story arc.

Like a lot of lore stuff, it's sadly tucked away in standalone missions that can be outleveled and aren't in Ouroboros, either.  This particular reveal comes from Madeleine Casey's missions.  Here's a link directly to the de/brief for the one in question:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Madeleine_Casey#Rescue_Samson_Grey_from_the_Carnival

• Thanks 1

If one is a girl, the Carnies are the coolest and the most fun. They party all the time, they have the most beautiful costumes, their boss are badass and their leader cares for them (however, she does suck their soul if defeated). 

If there's an AV that could have a great and compelling redemption arc, it is Prime earth Vanessa Devore, considering she is a war hero and probably the mother of Penelope Yin. She shows some empathy on occasion as well.

But she does kill in cold blood, get what she wants regardless of the consequences on others and animates dead men corpse to use as strongmen... 

Nemesis.

Classy uniforms, equipment that has a unique look to it - and with Nemesis being one of the more rational and clear-headed villain bosses, I imagine that the organization has a better policy regarding employees' work/life balance than most other villain groups. Long-term world domination requires troops to maintain it, so Nemesis knows that he cannot afford to lose his troops to stress-induced nervous breakdowns.

But yeah, the Daft Punk Appreciation Society, a.k.a. the Syndicate, would be a close second for me.

• Like 3