Halloween Extravaganza Giveaway

Dacy

• Community Rep

1559739655_HalloweenExtravaganza!(2).thumb.png.7178a9d5a4c5fccd0a248ac9018c7fea.png

On Halloween, 6 bases across 4 shards on Homecoming will be giving away treats like Superpacks, ATOs, influence/infamy, purple IOs, and more! Just go to a base portal and enter a code shown here: inside, you will find someone handing out treats! (You may have to walk through the base a bit to find that person!) Specific hours of operation vary, look for more information to find  out about what's happening on your shard! Brought to you by @Dacy, and additionally the base builders @KingofMonkeys, @EnnVee, @Dr. Feedback, @Etched, and @BBBadger.   MAJOR sponsorship from Anonymous, @BlackHearted & Associates, @Rugor @IIIXJokerXIII, @Stryke, and @EnnVee. Additional support from @Dawl and @Dr. Feedback and @Rookery.  

You can also visit NOW and just explore the Witch's House (BOO-17189). We're ready to scare you!  Look for more shard-specific posters soon!

-Dacy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

There will be pizza, but made from zombie flesh, of which we have quite a lot right now.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Community Rep
3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

There will be pizza, but made from zombie flesh, of which we have quite a lot right now.

....ew. No Zombie flesh, please!

If you want great treats, you must find the secret room; it is very very nice. If you come on Halloween, all you need to find is me! And I will not be in the depths, or in the secret room.

-Dacy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Triumphant said:

This spirit of fun and generosity is just one more reason why CoH is greatest online gaming community of them all.  👍

I will admit, the Marvel Heroes Online community was pretty damn good too.   The number of costumes and characters I got FOR FREE from winning contests, etc was kind of incredible.   I miss that damn game.

4 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

I will admit, the Marvel Heroes Online community was pretty damn good too.   The number of costumes and characters I got FOR FREE from winning contests, etc was kind of incredible.   I miss that damn game.

I do too but with Disney at Steerwheels theres zero chance of it coming back in a scale we going to get news about it..... unless with a secret handshake or something like that,

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

4 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

I do too but with Disney at Steerwheels theres zero chance of it coming back in a scale we going to get news about it..... unless with a secret handshake or something like that,

I know.   But hey, I'm writing this on the forum for a game I mourned in 2012, and have played it again since 2019.   Also, I need to remember to log on during these giveaway times, and then I completely forget.

So the times on the poster up above, are those Central hours or East coast or what?

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Community Rep

Tor.thumb.png.8fdf70aaabd892b91cae21bc8350e7cd.pngTorch.thumb.png.4409c12dae5284f48884c5b16c4150aa.png

Here are better posters, more specific.

Updated because I missed a sponsor! And it's EDT, not EST. 😛

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
to add PARTICIPATING and update poster
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Here's a better poster!  One for each shard, more room for info. 🙂 (will have to do successive posts)

-Dacy

Sorry if it was meant different but there is one Shard missing....Reunion...

But still awesome work and have fun 🙂 .

Greetings

• Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

• Community Rep
2 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

Sorry if it was meant different but there is one Shard missing....Reunion...

I know. It has caused me much sadness, and I did try and find someone there to represent and do the giveaway, but no response. 😞

-Dacy

• Like 1

• Community Rep

And folks, feel free to make a toon and visit around; for example, not taking anything away from any of the other bases, but if you came to Everlasting, my base is not just a base, it's an experience, and you can put any treat you get in mail to yourself and have it over on the other server.

You are also not just limited to one base or one visit.

-Dacy

2 hours ago, Dacy said:

1476947484_1(2).thumb.png.3f20f71ffbad94e833a9f32e6ea6c1fd.png

I absolutely love your haunted house; it was great last year and even better this year!  You've put a lot of work into making a fun event for the CoH community, and it is really appreciated!

A couple of questions:  

1.  I'm assuming that the Everlasting event times are Eastern time zone like the other servers (it wasn't noted on the poster)?

2.  The other three servers all say Eastern Standard Time (EST).  Daylight Savings Time runs through Nov 7th, so most of the U.S. in the Eastern time zone is on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) until then.  Can I assume this is what was meant?  I know it may seem really nitpicky, but I only mention it because the bot we use for calendaring stuff always shifts the event times if we enter EST when it's really EDT, and I wouldn't want people to show up an hour late (or after the event ended).

• Like 2

interesting cause Europe stops with summertime mostly on 31.10.  this year so CEST is going to CET on early Sunday at that very day.

Former Player on Server:

• Community Rep

All hours are correct. Tho, I'm not sure why you think the other shards are less? My base alone is open for at least 14 hours.  Excelsior, the same.

I really hope that Indom responds! I hope attendance is good over all the servers (working on Reunion's participation).

-Dacy

I hope you won't disdain handing out the occasional rock.

Seriously, though, this is very generous, and sounds more fun than my other options, so many thanks to you all!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)