Join the City of Heroes community live on November 6th in support of Extra Life, premiering a new Strike Force!

The Curator

• Developer

Extra Life Game Day 2021 & Issue 27: Page 3

What is Extra Life?

Extra Life is an annual fundraising event supporting branches of the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals through gaming. To quote their website simply, “Extra Life is an online grassroots movement working to save local kids through the power of play.  From video games to board games, Extra Lifers do what they love to raise money for CMN Hospitals.” For more information, check out their About and Frequently Asked Question pages.

To support this cause, we have decided to release the Issue 27: Page 3 beta on the Brainstorm server just before the 2021 Extra Life Game Day, on Friday, November 5th, featuring a new Strike Force for levels 35-50.

We're excited to be able to provide an opportunity for everyone to support this awesome cause while exploring the new content in Page 3, and we're looking forward to tuning into your streams and providing some developer commentary along the way. More information about this is below.

Now, a teaser!

i27p3_portal.thumb.png.961aaf9675ccc450dea5d80185c10cfe.png

Dr. Aeon's Strike Force: "Chasing Fool's Gold"

The supervillain genius Dr. Aeon has begun to take notice of suspicious unscientific activity going on within Aeon City! Such things are inconceivable! None can be permitted to befoul the glory of his utopia!

In his unparalleled brilliance, he has decided to enlist the service of local villains for the purpose of helping him maintain and enforce order! Definitely not to deflect any potential responsibility or liabilities from himself! Never!

However, even his immaculate mind couldn’t predict the culmination of this plot. Decades of planning sees the rise of an unexpected threat of which Dr. Aeon played no small part in helping create, in more ways than one!

i27p3_womb.thumb.png.1a69ef8d3579081cd8437baa822b8e47.png

Game Day Stream List

The following players have notified us that they will be streaming the new Strike Force during the Extra Life Game Day on November 6th, so don’t miss it! If you would like to be added to this list, please respond to this thread with your channel link and Extra Life participation page.

The development team behind the new Strike Force will be joining streams throughout the day to answer questions and share commentary on the Strike Force, so make sure to keep an eye on the #streams-and-videos channel on the Homecoming Discord to find out where they’re hanging out!

Stay true!

i27p3_hero1.thumb.png.8d78506635a9ffcedfbfbb457e607be9.png

• Like 28
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Retired Lead Game Master
19 minutes ago, Hew said:

Why is Hero1 there, and whats up with the glowy excalibur?

Going to find out in 3 days!

Gotta say I'm super proud of the dev team for working on all this cool and well thought out content. Really impressed, and the community will be soon too!

• Like 6

I have a feeling that we may finally be able to go under Aeon City, through that blocked off tunnel...if that's true, I am so creating a new villain.

Edit: Not that I needed a reason to make a new villain. XP

Edited by Kriiden
  • Like 1

Congratulations to the Devs and HC Team for the massive amount of work and love poured into this, and for the superb timing with the Extra Life event.
That said...

THE TIME OF RECKONING FINALLY ARRIVED

My body is ready, take me @Cobalt Arachne

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

54 minutes ago, Albion said:

Congratulations to the Devs and HC Team for the massive amount of work and love poured into this, and for the superb timing with the Extra Life event.
That said...

THE TIME OF RECKONING FINALLY ARRIVED

My body is ready, take me @Cobalt Arachne

giphy.gif

dwayne-johnson-the-rock.gif

• Like 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

• City Council
8 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Looks cool!  Is this going to include the new hard mode mechanics?

The official name is "Advanced Difficulty Options" to emphasize that they're optional, but yes. If you plan on trying those out I recommend copying over your most well-built Incarnated out characters to Brainstorm ahead of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 4