Focused Feedback: Seismic Blast

24 minutes ago, JayboH said:

It trades at best - one cc for another.  You may have a point about synergy but it's not a bug at any rate - if it is Mud Pots then yes it is a bug and a problem.

Except you have no control over Shockwaves. If you choose Seismic Blast a PBAoE Sleep is simply impossible for you to make use of in most situations.

6 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Except you have no control over Shockwaves. If you choose Seismic Blast a PBAoE Sleep is simply impossible for you to make use of in most situations.

You do; you can choose to go in melee for a PBAOE sleep and used ranged attacks instead of the hard-hitting melee attacks, which won't trigger Shockwaves, or Meteor, which doesn't trigger Shockwaves, or Epic powers which doesn't trigger Shockwaves, or Pool powers which don't trigger Shockwaves.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

40 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I’d still call that a problem for thematically paired sets to go against each other.

but we dont need to do everything all at once all the time. we can respond to context which imo makes the game better. also, imo, conceptually it makes sense for seismic waves to disrupt someone asleep, unless its purely statistical and aesthetic. 

8 hours ago, Vanden said:

the icons are descriptive, rather than evocative

Also makes them legible even at small sizes, e.g. buff lists or watching a stream in low res. I never have to pester a streamer what-power-is-that, because City of Heroes chose legibility over, I dunno, whatever the point of making icons all look different is. Accessibility, it's not just for old people!

Tombstone, in particular, is already hard to tell apart from the hold icon at full resolution, so rip its legibility in the above scenarios. The sniper symbol on that background color would still be unique - no other power would have that icon - while also being easy to understand in all situations.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kai Moon said:

Upthrust plays sound effects in the character creator, but should be silent like all other powers.

I was just coming here to post this. Scared the hell out of me while I was looking through the animations. Worth additionally noting that this is true on all themes - original, color tintable, lava and crystal all play sounds in the editor.

Edited by General Idiot

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

This set sure does have a lot of -Jump and -Fly. Now, I haven't done any real PvP on Homecoming but I used to do a lot of it on Live. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this, but has the meta of PvP shifted far enough to where a ton of -Jump/-Fly is no longer considered necessary, or is the fact that every player is carrying around Web Grenades anyway make this set not as scary to fight against as it looks on paper?

I can't imagine trying to fight off all that -mobility from someone who isn't hindered at all, though I guess you can still SS around unhindered (until you hit a tiny curb).

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

I mean if you just got hit by a boulder, you probably won't be able to jump for a little bit.

Imagine getting clobbered by a big ol rock. 

From what PVP vids I've seen on HC, there's a lot of leaping around.

• Like 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

16 hours ago, Vanden said:

Me, I had no idea Tombstone was a sniper attack until I read the description closely.

This so much. I don't tend to like Blast 1' sets without a snipe as it means no extra range from Defiance effects for what is archetypically a blasting role where range is what they excel at. As the build currently stands Tombstone doesn't immediately stand out as being a sniper attack unlike every other sniper power in game which uses the same icon, [except Mace Beam in Scorpion Mastery for some reason].

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• Thematically I would expect target with rock hanging off them to be slowed but slow and knockdown combined is probably a bit too much.
  • The animation for Tombstone is awesome.
  • Is it me, or does the damage on Shatter seem a bit high?*

* Does seismic pressure increase damage?

Edit: Clearly I am too cautious with blasters in actual play. OMG, popping Build Up + Seismic Force then following with Upthrust...its Geyser with rocks!

Edited by Erratic1

5 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Meteor's Damage et al not showing in the combat channel. Just that it was activated.

Capture1.PNG

Make sure you're following all damage sources. Some pseudo pets don't count as player damage and might be initially missing from the combat log, ["Pet Damage Inflicted" for example].

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

1 minute ago, SuperPlyx said:

Gotta say it feels/plays more like a controller. It's all encase/entomb/cover/hold/......seems to have a distinct lack of blasting. But that's just my 2cents

??? 

I took out a group of 6-7 oranges while staying about 80% health. That seems quite blasty to me.

• Thumbs Up 1