Elec/Bio build.

Sovera

Outdated, check the other post below where I have included the leveling build.

Since everyone is going to be rolling one of these (myself included) here's a build.

It's not perfect and I lack infinite slots so, welp, only one AoE (two with the nuke) and I sacrificed a bit of S/L defense to get more recovery. I vaguely recall that Sentinels were very good on endurance thanks to defensive opportunity thingy so that extra slot in Health can probably return to Pulverize with five Superior Blistering Cold. As fliers I don't think the extra 1% is worth the 100 million, but, eh, options.

As always it asks for Barrier as a panic button and to finish capping defenses.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(17)
Level 4: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(25), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(29), UnbCns-Dam%(29)
Level 14: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RechRdx-I(25), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SvrRgh-Acc(37), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Rebuild DNA -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 28: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42)
Level 38: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-Def(45)
Level 47: Pulverize -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(47), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(47), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 49: Coordinated Targeting -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(49), EndRdx-I(49)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

Edited by Sovera

I'm at work so I can't look at the numbers here but I did put together and Elec/Energy build that seemed to be quite potent. Is Bio a better option than Energy? I saw some posts noting Energy is a very good secondary to Sents. Also some comments that SR and Regen are good on Sents? I'm not sure how to go with Elec primary. What is SentinelNation seeing today ?!

27 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Which is the defensive set that is better on Sents than other ATs? Is it SR or was it Regen...? Or something else?

Bio is for damage and is squishier but, Sentinels are less prone to damage taking since they fly and the build is 100% ranged. /Fire would have Burn which does pretty good damage when all procced out, but demands to be in melee range to drop it.

Ablative and DNA Reconstruction as heals and Barrier as a panic button. I don't feel there is a point in chasing more defense.

Otherwise I might say regen or SR. Again Sentinels take less damage to start with.

37 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Which is the defensive set that is better on Sents than other ATs? Is it SR or was it Regen...? Or something else?

It's a fairly common opinion that Regen on Sents is the best version of Regen.  Same with SR and being able to choose whether you want click mez protection or not. 

48 minutes ago, jojogladco said:

It's a fairly common opinion that Regen on Sents is the best version of Regen.  Same with SR and being able to choose whether you want click mez protection or not. 

Regen on Sents is entirely a different animal than Regen on any other melee class.  It’s very effective for the AT.  So good that it almost makes me wish it would be THE replacement for Regen overall.

49 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Regen on Sents is entirely a different animal than Regen on any other melee class.  It’s very effective for the AT.  So good that it almost makes me wish it would be THE replacement for Regen overall.

I am kicking the tires on Elec/Energy. Is Regen better than Energy?

This is my current Elec/Bio.  Built primarily for damage and then resists, and then I just carry purples which are super cheap when I need to up defenses (usually when not on teams - teams bring enough +def you don't have to worry about it, usually).

I put Short Circuit back in due to the reduced animation time and wanting to have another big AOE that can take procs and also help proc Shocked.   That said, my Elec/Nin blaster feels much stronger.  The limited target caps on the Sent Nuke are pretty annoying.

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(9)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(11)
Level 4: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 6: Ball Lightning -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Ann-ResDeb%(17), PstBls-Dam%(19), JvlVll-Dam%(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21)
Level 8: Zapping Bolt -- Apc-Acc/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Apc-Dam%(25), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Tesla Cage -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), GldNet-Dam%(29), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(31)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(33)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(33), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Rebuild DNA -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(39)
Level 26: Short Circuit -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(48), Arm-Dam%(48), Obl-%Dam(50), Erd-%Dam(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 28: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(40)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42)
Level 38: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(45)
Level 41: Dominate -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(45), NrnSht-Dam%(46), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46), Dcm-Build%(48)
Level 44: Parasitic Leech -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 47: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 30: Speed Phase 
------------

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 1

I dunno...still not feeling the whole value of "End Drain" even with these changes.  Unless you perma-drain to zero (nigh impossible) there's little more value in End Drain than say -Recharge.  I did this with a Kin/Elec Def back in Live days and it wasn't really all that useful even back then.  Not sure it's any different now.

Red pill blue pill, to proc or not to proc that is the quest..... 

I havent gotten to that answer yet on a Elec/Bio Sent but I did go the recharge reduction route. Focusing on getting out a thounderous blast every 26 sec roughly which leads to a great start to the fight. Most of the mobs start at around half end after a good blast I focus on cage and single target past 50 short circuit becomes a mule more than a power.

The build below has 33%+ Def  ENFC, and 50%+ SLT. The build conecpt  is to focus on the new mechanic of -end into shock without sacrificing a good damage rotatioin for this I use  recharge reduction = more blast and tesla cage that is the focus. In the future I might build for a proc rotation after I test the elc short cast time and proc  to see how they are. 

Last but not least I have Havoc punch equip, fits concept. Mind probe is a little better and can be switched for Havoc.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lightning Bolt -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(3), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(21)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(5), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(7), Rgn-Knock%(9)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-Heal(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(11), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(19)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg(15), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Apc-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Adaptation 
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(40), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(40), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(42), DctWnd-Heal(42), DctWnd-Rchg(42)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(23), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(25), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Rebuild DNA -- Heal-I(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 26: Short Circuit -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Athletic Regulation -- Flight-I(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(33), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), JvlVll-Dam%(34), PstBls-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 38: Parasitic Leech -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(43), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(43), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(43), DctWnd-Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal(46)
Level 41: Havoc Punch -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Dmg(45), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 14: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 14: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 14: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 50: Preemptive Core Flawless Interface 
------------

When it comes to Bio, Energy, Regen debate here are my views in short.

Bio = Best damage (tips) Offensive mod has + to hit use it.

Energy = Best def (tips) If you go energy thinking the extra end drain will help it wont. The animation is just to long to use.

Regen = Best Survivability (tips) Just hover and mitigate regen works best with a blast sets that can help mitigate Dark,Cold, so forth imo.

Energy and Regen are really close to same survivability but with regen it's good through out the level range. So if your going to level normally regen is alot more fun. Energy shines max level and fully built it becomes the hardest nut to crack.

Best of luck all. Elec/Bio is a really fun build imo the best build to come this patch.

Edited by Ironscarlet

On 11/26/2021 at 10:14 PM, BurtHutt said:

SR. The Sentinel version gets toggle mez protection *and* endurance recovery *and* a fast +absorb power. Beauty.

Regen is also arguably better on Sentinels than on other ATs, but, well... It's still Regen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hit 50 with a slightly modified version of Sovera’s build last night.  Not sure if I’ll bother with incarnates as this is a Sentinel.

A few observations:

-Just as with /EA on my MM nearly drained Lieutenants and Bosses have wonky code and tend to run.  At least my pets don’t follow them and aggro everything they run by.  But that coding needs to be fixed.  It’s annoying at best and can prolong fights waiting for the runner to come back at worst.

-with the above caveat the END draining does offer good defense mitigation when it happens. But since Sovera’s build skipped SC mine did also.  Honestly the END drain needs to be total and fast for it to offer any benefit at all as all the critters need is a sliver to keep fighting.  As I neared 50 I found it harder to drain many of the higher level mobs.

-I played on offensive adaptation 38-50 and the extra damage bonus is def noticeable vs other Sents.   I’ve played Bio on several other alts but never on a Sent before.  I did make a handful of changes to the build posted…..dropped Pulverizing for Knockout Blow as a finisher and/or threat remover for stupid stuff like those Repair Bots, Surgeons and the like.  I also took Parasitic Leech which is a nice buff in addition to providing a little more aggro inducement.  Lost the slots in Brawl (hate wasting slots on a power I’ll never use) but ended up with roughy same defense thanks  to 6 slotting KO Blow.  As Sovera’s note indicated playing as a flying/hovering near range blaster gives some nice natural defense even if ranged isn’t soft capped.  Make sure to visit tailor to choose no pose on Hover unless you like your toon looking like it’s being dragged around by the genitals.

-+4/x8 solo is easily done with most missions post 44 or so.  Arachnos and a few others can cause you some concerns due to ranged debuffs but that’s about the only threat to survivability.  As noted, the new VS is a toggle and since as a Sent you’ll seldom/never get mezzed it’s a nice bonus.  There seems to be a bug or maybe WAI but it doesn’t stay toggled during a zone change and/or between missions for me.  I have to often resummon upon zoning and would find myself going half the mission, realize it was taking longer to defeat spawns and/or drain enemies and then realize my VS wasn’t running.  So it’s a noticeable benefit when it’s helping.  And because it tends to follow you (mostly) if you are hover blasting it will be also.

Nice build @Sovera.  Might be my second favorite Sent build I’ve played.  If we ever get the promised buffs this could jump to number one which is still a Fire/Rad/Fire Sent.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later
On 12/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, Crysis said:

Hit 50 with a slightly modified version of Sovera’s build last night.  Not sure if I’ll bother with incarnates as this is a Sentinel.

A few observations:

-Just as with /EA on my MM nearly drained Lieutenants and Bosses have wonky code and tend to run.  At least my pets don’t follow them and aggro everything they run by.  But that coding needs to be fixed.  It’s annoying at best and can prolong fights waiting for the runner to come back at worst.

-with the above caveat the END draining does offer good defense mitigation when it happens. But since Sovera’s build skipped SC mine did also.  Honestly the END drain needs to be total and fast for it to offer any benefit at all as all the critters need is a sliver to keep fighting.  As I neared 50 I found it harder to drain many of the higher level mobs.

-I played on offensive adaptation 38-50 and the extra damage bonus is def noticeable vs other Sents.   I’ve played Bio on several other alts but never on a Sent before.  I did make a handful of changes to the build posted…..dropped Pulverizing for Knockout Blow as a finisher and/or threat remover for stupid stuff like those Repair Bots, Surgeons and the like.  I also took Parasitic Leech which is a nice buff in addition to providing a little more aggro inducement.  Lost the slots in Brawl (hate wasting slots on a power I’ll never use) but ended up with roughy same defense thanks  to 6 slotting KO Blow.  As Sovera’s note indicated playing as a flying/hovering near range blaster gives some nice natural defense even if ranged isn’t soft capped.  Make sure to visit tailor to choose no pose on Hover unless you like your toon looking like it’s being dragged around by the genitals.

-+4/x8 solo is easily done with most missions post 44 or so.  Arachnos and a few others can cause you some concerns due to ranged debuffs but that’s about the only threat to survivability.  As noted, the new VS is a toggle and since as a Sent you’ll seldom/never get mezzed it’s a nice bonus.  There seems to be a bug or maybe WAI but it doesn’t stay toggled during a zone change and/or between missions for me.  I have to often resummon upon zoning and would find myself going half the mission, realize it was taking longer to defeat spawns and/or drain enemies and then realize my VS wasn’t running.  So it’s a noticeable benefit when it’s helping.  And because it tends to follow you (mostly) if you are hover blasting it will be also.

Nice build @Sovera.  Might be my second favorite Sent build I’ve played.  If we ever get the promised buffs this could jump to number one which is still a Fire/Rad/Fire Sent.

Sorry for necroing this, but would you mind sharing your build?

3 hours ago, Erhnam said:

Sorry for necroing this, but would you mind sharing your build?

Sure, see below....

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(17)
Level 4: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), Rct-ResDam%(21)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Apc-Acc/Rchg(29), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), UnbCns-Dam%(31)
Level 14: Charge Up -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RechRdx-I(31), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(36), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SvrRgh-Acc(37), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(39)
Level 26: Rebuild DNA -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(40), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43)
Level 38: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 47: Knockout Blow -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 49: Parasitic Leech -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), ThfofEss-Acc/Heal(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 1: Shocked 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1626;729;1458;HEX;|
|78DA6594594F135114C7EF74A6625B96D2026D69815284D26D68D50FA008240AC40|
|A896FA619DBA18EA96D531AA31FC077B7C4077DF0B52E5FC267D737D757C30E0AB8|
|3CE0783AE75C3A649A34BF39FF7BCEF9DF6D66FED654FBD2D2CC1926749E2B29CBC|
|BB945B55CD7CA6AC93EAF14B53C6BFEDAE01FE67A6E412917D5823C5D52F3F59A96|
|574AB94928AC470E13A6D425B5BCACCA935A2577B15654CA5A3E77B676A35263AE6|
|CA55292674A5AF15ADD693C2F5655B5D06E3CCEA94A552B173B30A799025160BAAA|
|E5E5C3D673EACDDC3C98A9B5DB7E98541AFEDFA38CFF743BFB2831969198ED13F13|
|352FA42FC8A3CF60DE98B4199C08BF7441CDC471EFF43FC8B74FA2073007812E395|
|28AF8562E135766C7F437C8BEC7C477C8F747F4006C059246751EC85A78C83790E9|
|8E1E0D946879E5DE42A38D9F934ED2FB1434F03D9F78CF802E97F4E4C62B1038EAF|
|8D8A853672EA9FC5C1064CC34183FA3AD8B8B88D2B633332FA53C8904C9C400EA68|
|9E7916B50DC41BB21763C06D10B830966D8859F601C6E5053B0EDE24E5D2B3897F0|
|2A72788DB84EDC408E6C2237C0A99BEF7BF70EC3C11FC49FC813BBC43DE23E3202B|
|BE1E5BBE1A5E98D115D30D84B9D85DE7EB41B0B225FC519F35125F319FB08738685|
|04B818B88CA21FC42017838F70C97DD07B808B0354BE054B19E24B193AC0831BFB8|
|78CEA4466470AC8980D390236117E8522BF719631BAB431BACC71BACC02D88FF2E3|
|19CD0222307889B8804C2E2245481EE79DC7A953921C92BF9029EA2C417282926D0|
|9BA5F29BAC1A92DBAC13057991FB87C171736718F789FF800997948BC835B370CC5|
|697E66698F68BC23992EE4757C85EDC60D0E49AD8F4133D675366795B252EBC5658|
|2216D3A41128E485B5669DB2409C2302ECD7D0194A8C4768EE4D3A9C7ADEE69AB94|
|B14AA7ACD269ABE470C3578424FDA9172C79306B0EAE3A4D81620EAE9883AC39083|
|6BF0C3C0899834173C0FA5AAF8CEE4F1867513082FF7CD31552|

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

After (finally) leveling this character up I have noticed a few tweaks that would be useful. This is why I don't like power leveling something since only by playing do we noticed the quirks.

- The first and most obvious is that Sentinels are almost like Stalkers in their lack of agro. Leveling up I could count on the fingers of one hand the numbers of time I had agro and for the most part my inspirations sat un-used. Yin with three fourths of the team dead thanks to someone using the computers on top of the ambush was a case of being safely up in the air and eating a purple while helping the survivors. Because of this I have decided to make a less militant build and instead only chase to 33% ish defense. This allows to pop a small purple and be softcapped if deciding to tackle a spawn on our own or too many mobs were agroed or whatever without doing large slotting sacrifices. If intending to solo for most of the time then try using the original build but endurance will be rough (maybe not use Coordinated Targeting).

- The second is that the -ToHit that messes with a meleer's life is hardly a problem for a ranged character. As such the Sentinel's version of Focused Accuracy can go take a hike.

- Endurance is a little bit heavy while leveling. Using Lightning Bolt would fix this since the endurance recovery of Defensive Opportunity is noticeable, but Lightning Bolt has an awkward recharge time preventing making a three power ST chain, and also a longer animation that is not pleasing. While leveling occasional uses of Recovery Serums were needed. With Inexhaustible at 26 and a Performance proc in it the endurance problems were mostly alleviated but not gone, and this without having taken Tough and Weave yet. A one slot Rebuild DNA barely outweights the cost in terms of endurance (unslotted 13 cost, 25 endurance, so a whooping 12 points gained every 34 seconds This balance can be shifted either way by slotting a recharge or an endurance IO), but slotting Rebuild DNA fixes things (10 endurance cost, 54 endurance gained every 29 seconds for 44 net gain). I chased bonuses but three slotting health IOs and three slotting endurance IOs would allow the power to become a second heal as well as an endurance clicky, but the lack of agro mentioned above makes this less of a pressing matter.

- Voltaic Sentinel has not been updated on Mids but it's in-game stats are 0.52 EPS and 10 seconds recharge. It's accuracy is natively high (2.0, where most powers are 1.0), so it just needs damage, a modicum of accuracy, and then heap some endurance discount. Armed with this knowledge I skimped points off of it to feed Rebuild DNA.

- As @Crysis pointed out Voltaic Sentinel keeps on detoggling when we change maps and sometimes we don't even remember it until noticing the lack of damage. The easy fix is adding powexectoggleon voltaic sentinel to the attacks. For example: /bind 1 "powexecslot 1$$powexectoggleon voltaic sentinel". Unfortunately we still need to click to put VS down which would not happen with the powexeclocation command, but the location command will keep on toggling VS on and off. As it is with the toggleon command it will only happen once per map or not at all if remembering to toggle it by yourself. This could be replaced by ++forward instead but maybe we don't want VS 100% of the time (spoken as a roleplayer).

- Parasitic Aura is a power I seldom bother with, but, I also have no other powers I am interested in taking so it will serve as an extra in case endurance is needed or more regen during chaos moments (last fight in Market Place with all the ranged ambushes), or... whatever. Same applies to Athletic Regulation. These are flex powers so take whatever, I.E. Super Speed and slot a stealth IO in it for sneaking around.

- The nuke does 30% more damage when procced out and since it does not need accuracy thanks to Charge-up there was no reason not to.

Overall the damage has been better than I remember Sentinels being, even with Fire/Bio. Tesla Cage, Charged Bolts, Zapping Bolt, Charged Bolts works easily from early on (around Yin with a leveling build). VS is noticeable to the point when it is untoggled we immediately know. More AoE would not go amiss but Short Circuit is a glacial 3.2 seconds and to be honest the opener of Charge-Up, Ball Lightning, Thunderous Blast, Tesla Cage, Ball Lightning does good enough. By then it's mop up time, not more AoE time.

Changing to Charge-up, Ball Lightning, Tesla Cage, Thunderous Blast fits all three in Gaussian's proc unlike the opener proposed above, but I did not need or want the mobs to be alerted to my presence. Ball Lightning's travel time helps with Thunderous super glacial cast to almost make them hit at the same time, and then half the spawn is dead. Casting Tesla before gives time for the mobs to start moving and etc. Both approaches are valid so use the one better suited for the playstyle.

For leveling I suggest this. Almost the same thing really. If the ATOs in Zapping Bolt and Lightning Bolt are still too expensive for your blood then use the same slotting than for Tesla Cage.

If that too is too expensive then use one accuracy, three damage, one recharge, one endurance reduction in all attacks (at least level 25 ones), but as soon as possible start transitioning to the leveling build, and at 50 to the last one. Check my signature for money making.

Sent (Elec Bio - leveling).mbdSent (Elec Bio).mbd

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 3

Brought the build to the test server to test.

Pylon times:

- 3:37, no nuke used. Pylon endurance about half.

- 2:57, nuke used. Obvious improvement with the endurance of the pylon tanked half way through it allowing the Shocked mechanic to work at full power.

- 2:56, nuke used until pylon's endurance was tanked and then no longer using it to not go through the uber slow 4 second animation. No discernible difference.

Well, it's definitely not bad. Bit faster than some of my Brutes, a whole minute faster than my best Sentinel times (fully ranged). This is not a 100% translatable thing because, for example, AVs are much harder if not straight impossible to sap, but during my gameplay I found I could reliably prevent +4 (+3) ITF EBs from activating their annoying T9 by tanking their endurance, same with Paragon Protectors. Even Fake Nemesis did not activate their bubble.

The caveat is that it only happens if the nuke landed on them. That's easily half their blue bar gone and then regular attacks are enough to kill the rest and keep it zeroed.

Did a Trapdoor test while at it and bit dismal with 7:28 and 7:52. No real danger but runners gonna run. No inspirations popped for it nor incarnates clicked.

Made a few changes to the build which may have helped and that was to add Caltrops (Taishibisimimiminimish). Even in normal teams it's something I found useful. Charge-up, Ball Lightning, Caltrops, Thundering Blast. Ball Lightning makes the mobs mill around while we are smacking them. Do not use on AVs though, they are skittish enough without adding Fear.

For solo, like in the Trapdoor test, it was useful since even at just 33% defenses and not able to hoverblast the mobs mostly refused to come over. I only had to heal myself twice and I feel I could do better were it not the cramped quarters not letting me gauge where the center of the spawn was for the nuke to hit them all. As It is I'm sure I failed to hit all mobs several times with full HP minions peppering me with leaded loved.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Ancillary Pool: Ninja Tool Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(15), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(17), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(17), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(19)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-Def(23), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(29)
Level 8: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Rchg(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), UnbCns-Dam%(33)
Level 14: Charge Up -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RechRdx-I(33), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SlbAll-Build%(36)
Level 20: Rebuild DNA -- SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(37), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(37), SynSck-Dam/Rech(37), SynSck-EndMod(39)
Level 26: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(42), Rct-ResDam%(42)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(42), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(43), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(43), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45)
Level 35: Genomic Evolution -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Tashibishi -- Slow-I(A)
Level 41: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48), Rct-Def(48)
Level 49: Athletic Regulation -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(13), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(21)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
Level 1: Shocked
------------

Edited by Sovera

Not quite on topic but I come from testing the new Sonic on the beta server. Paired it with Bio with some minor changes from this build.

Pylon test:

- 5:43

Okay, not really impressive after coming from 3 minutes. But it's an AoE set what with three cones. So to Trapdoor with me:

- 7:20

- 7:19

To put it in perspective the Elec/bio did it in 7:28 with just humble Ball Lightning and the nuke compared to Sonic's three cones and the nuke.

This is Staff and Elec Melee all over again with people ready to swear Sonic does amazing AoE because it has lots of it.

That said it the set does carry a hefty tax due to the -res so anyone who plays it knows that they will be helping the team. Just, y'know, personal performance aside.

P.S. Caltrops is being amazing. I had mobs all over the place messing with the cones until I got into the habit of Build-Up, Dreadful Wail, Caltrops (Tsubishmishinmi), then hop away and start wailing with the cones. Moibs were very accommodating and stopped running to me. It did not stop runners though.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Ancillary Pool: Ninja Tool Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shriek -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 2: Howl -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(17)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 6: Shout -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(19), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Environmental Adaptation -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Shockwave -- Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(25), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(25), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(29)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(33)
Level 18: Sirens Song -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(34), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(42), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 20: Rebuild DNA -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(23)
Level 26: Screech -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Amplify -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(37), RctRtc-Pcptn(39), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Dreadful Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Erd-%Dam(42)
Level 35: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Genomic Evolution -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 41: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(48)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(49), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48), Rct-Def(50)
Level 49: Tashibishi -- Slow-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 8: Afterburner
------------

Edited by Sovera

• 3 weeks later

I really hate runners on toons i play with end drain in mind, and chain fences has a stupidly large radius :

ELEC BIO: Level 49 Mutation Sentinel

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Charged Bolts            SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1:    Hardened Carapace        Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(7), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2:    Ball Lightning            SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(17)
Level 4:    Inexhaustible            PrfShf-End%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(19), Pnc-Heal(19), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(23)
Level 6:    Zapping Bolt            SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), GldJvl-Dam%(27)
Level 8:    Charge Up            GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10:    Environmental Adaptation        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 12:    Tesla Cage            Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Dmg(34), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 14:    Adaptation    
Level 16:    Ablative Carapace        Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 18:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20:    Rebuild DNA            Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 22:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 24:    Super Speed            WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26:    Short Circuit            Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 28:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 30:    Tough                Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(42), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 32:    Thunderous Blast        Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(45)
Level 35:    Genomic Evolution        GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 38:    Parasitic Leech            Prv-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 41:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 44:    Chain Fences            Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(47), Bmbdmt-Dam(47), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(47), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 47:    Assault                EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49:    Maneuvers            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Opportunity    
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Swift                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Health                Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1:    Hurdle                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(13)
Level 1:    Shocked    
Level 14:    Defensive Adaptation    
Level 14:    Efficient Adaptation    
Level 14:    Offensive Adaptation    
Level 24:    Speed Phase    
------------

|MxDz;1459;697;1394;HEX;|
|78DA65945B6F125110C7CFC26229A517A457A02DD0D29642B7F4A2315EA2B6A549B|
|5A48D7C0042604BD7E0420013FD1AFAE057B0EA07F0DD57AF6FDE1FB537AC898989|
|0F8AC3CEFF544C37811F67CECC7FE6CCCE217567C5BDB5B57A45285DCBC56CB59A4|
|9EB66CD30F5A23375BB96AD192553D0E34CAE2797834B6B1B6DB4084A97CC8DAC59|
|D0F35AB2A8E76A1523972D669648A3163E7658D1B774B3AA6B4B4629B35129644D2|
|397B95AB955AA08F766A954D4D6F56CD9300B2E6B912EEB7ABED3FAB96A14B649A1|
|D02DBDF27AA5BA6D947DC9B291D38EE59B893329CAA857EE0E526511FA7C996C16A|
|C34BF1A0EF14615624E15B617E073A6FA127CC53CF59A391095B1A2611709853717|
|99CE397081B94B9914383B940FACE07ECFEC7A07BE65F67C043F310729935D06DB1|
|FD82CE3E9909D1964F68E8223CCFE00738F323B149CD1F19015FB77A0FC087CCCF4|
|3D01E31CBC4FC16D689068DBE1CC43544EBB2CA7BD8F0F18E8057B98231ED00B5E6|
|7C50352EC90C11D73AC184C80B3A0C60CC5C135E60E65EE4470C3478B6EF9F2BAEB|
|2C1F3A608EED837BE02E73FC10DDA1E1F4404978708620297A61B479A1348E7E8EA|
|7D9294C917D7052FA62C2324E8063B439206507FC1C59A7230FC9230F5DE2A34C5C|
|042F3027CF83E7C0CB1CAC90A25F40D1DFA047D8C9342C076F188317C5E04531785|
|10CDE374A3E2A5FFFE819169F5E0017C17966FC2CF814C7A186846543C2F35C51BC|
|79C06155CCFC42CBC92922CF1C41D754AA714A464EA1BF333F7873E688F9992263B|
|231319BC3326A0AF89B4751FBC39C156C9FFD8AB9A70C9A4CAB85B8600F1913F2E5|
|24903681910CA8423E8DE600512B6FF21D765803B57E727F5395579C4C8A65AABBF|
|E5D7B781DFD67BA46BF26A9F127FDBEBB5AFF31708F5DF7C0FB4CF74F5CC998E59C|
|B74AF337071F753402AD8B91D62B613DCFA66906E5F65F28AFE882|

On 8/6/2022 at 10:48 PM, Meknomancer said:

I really hate runners on toons i play with end drain in mind, and chain fences has a stupidly large radius :

ELEC BIO: Level 49 Mutation Sentinel

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Charged Bolts            SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1:    Hardened Carapace        Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(7), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2:    Ball Lightning            SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(17)
Level 4:    Inexhaustible            PrfShf-End%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(19), Pnc-Heal(19), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(23)
Level 6:    Zapping Bolt            SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), GldJvl-Dam%(27)
Level 8:    Charge Up            GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10:    Environmental Adaptation        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 12:    Tesla Cage            Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Dmg(34), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 14:    Adaptation    
Level 16:    Ablative Carapace        Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 18:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20:    Rebuild DNA            Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 22:    Hasten                RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 24:    Super Speed            WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26:    Short Circuit            Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 28:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 30:    Tough                Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(42), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 32:    Thunderous Blast        Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(45)
Level 35:    Genomic Evolution        GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 38:    Parasitic Leech            Prv-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 41:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 44:    Chain Fences            Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(47), Bmbdmt-Dam(47), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(47), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 47:    Assault                EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49:    Maneuvers            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Opportunity    
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Swift                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Health                Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1:    Hurdle                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(13)
Level 1:    Shocked    
Level 14:    Defensive Adaptation    
Level 14:    Efficient Adaptation    
Level 14:    Offensive Adaptation    
Level 24:    Speed Phase    
------------

|MxDz;1459;697;1394;HEX;|
|78DA65945B6F125110C7CFC26229A517A457A02DD0D29642B7F4A2315EA2B6A549B|
|5A48D7C0042604BD7E0420013FD1AFAE057B0EA07F0DD57AF6FDE1FB537AC898989|
|0F8AC3CEFF544C37811F67CECC7FE6CCCE217567C5BDB5B57A45285DCBC56CB59A4|
|9EB66CD30F5A23375BB96AD192553D0E34CAE2797834B6B1B6DB4084A97CC8DAC59|
|D0F35AB2A8E76A1523972D669648A3163E7658D1B774B3AA6B4B4629B35129644D2|
|397B95AB955AA08F766A954D4D6F56CD9300B2E6B912EEB7ABED3FAB96A14B649A1|
|D02DBDF27AA5BA6D947DC9B291D38EE59B893329CAA857EE0E526511FA7C996C16A|
|C34BF1A0EF14615624E15B617E073A6FA127CC53CF59A391095B1A2611709853717|
|99CE397081B94B9914383B940FACE07ECFEC7A07BE65F67C043F310729935D06DB1|
|FD82CE3E9909D1964F68E8223CCFE00738F323B149CD1F19015FB77A0FC087CCCF4|
|3D01E31CBC4FC16D689068DBE1CC43544EBB2CA7BD8F0F18E8057B98231ED00B5E6|
|7C50352EC90C11D73AC184C80B3A0C60CC5C135E60E65EE4470C3478B6EF9F2BAEB|
|2C1F3A608EED837BE02E73FC10DDA1E1F4404978708620297A61B479A1348E7E8EA|
|7D9294C917D7052FA62C2324E8063B439206507FC1C59A7230FC9230F5DE2A34C5C|
|042F3027CF83E7C0CB1CAC90A25F40D1DFA047D8C9342C076F188317C5E04531785|
|10CDE374A3E2A5FFFE819169F5E0017C17966FC2CF814C7A186846543C2F35C51BC|
|79C06155CCFC42CBC92922CF1C41D754AA714A464EA1BF333F7873E688F9992263B|
|231319BC3326A0AF89B4751FBC39C156C9FFD8AB9A70C9A4CAB85B8600F1913F2E5|
|24903681910CA8423E8DE600512B6FF21D765803B57E727F5395579C4C8A65AABBF|
|E5D7B781DFD67BA46BF26A9F127FDBEBB5AFF31708F5DF7C0FB4CF74F5CC998E59C|
|B74AF337071F753402AD8B91D62B613DCFA66906E5F65F28AFE882|

I went through all of this in my initial Sentinel fad. Eventually I had to accept that the mass immobilize was not cutting it (I speak only for myself, if it's working out for you then do carry on). A few misses and some of the mobs would run to me anyway and then they would start scattering, some of the mobs would just be resistant to being immobilized because boss, and of course each click was less damage being done.

Eventually it was as much the low damage as well as the runners that made me stop playing Sentinels. Even now with this build that I am satisfied with I still reserve it for teams only and don't solo with it. The game being fundamentally what it is solo is more of a melee thing, and that's for the agro control as much as anything else.

Thats odd, i'm exactly the opposite, i almost only solo with sents as they don't bring anything to teams and i find they make great merit collector/solo tf toons. I have psy, fire, elec, sonic, dp, and assault rifle /bio sents and i'm leaning towards the elec over the fire as the no. 1 purely for the end drain despite not taking psi as i did with the fire sent. Single target damage doesn't feel all that different even without procced dominate and a hefty mind probe or maybe its because with all the end drain i just don't get hit anywhere near as much. With any primary except elec i have to constantly reposition to avoid getting smacked a lot, where the elec can just sit there and blast away with impunity because i know the enemy will have to move away before i do when its blue bar vanishes. Your right about the immob not being awesome vs certain enemy types like council wolves/itf mobs but those that aren't get immob'd almost instantly, even a miss is irrelevant when its recharging that fast and the radius is that big. 

Not particularly looking forward to testing them out on Ice Mistral solo without the psi epic but i am curious to see if they can overcome the final av's heal without insps/temps as theres a lot of toons i gave up on simply because they couldn't put out sufficient dps to overcome his heal but i feel like the elec will have a good chance and i'll be happy if it can pull the sf off in under 35 min as that'd put it up there with my scrappers and brutes and a couple rad and bio tankers. Still not entirely convinced sentinel single target damage is that bad, tier 1 minor damage but the other attacks feel like heavy hitters in the attack chain and i'm really impressed with whats been done with screech, tesla cage, zapping bolt, blazing blast, incinerator and suppressive fire.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:54 PM, Meknomancer said:

Thats odd, i'm exactly the opposite, i almost only solo with sents as they don't bring anything to teams (...)

There's two ways to look at it. One is that Sentinels are subpar damage and bring nothing to the team. The other is that at max level no AT matters since a full team of incarnates melts content. Tank? Controller? Scrapper? Does not matter since an avalanche of AoEs and Judgements clears the floor.

That's my experience with both. It -is- true the Sentinel is a subpar AT that brings nothing (special) to the team, but it is also true that at max level we can barely get a few hits in before all mobs are dead. At that point the secret sauce is 'play whatever you care because in what universe does a full team usually fail to finish a TF?'.

The new difficulties do bring a new wrinkle, but because we lack DPS meter addons we don't get the full tale either. Yes, higher difficulty means more and better damage needed. But also yes, the previously scoffing Blasters and Scrappers (and, tbh, any melee in melee range) is being hit by patches of resist lowering debuffs, huge unresistable explosion damage and whatever else the sadistic devs have cooked up.

In the meanwhile the Sentinel has good basic defense and resists, is (usually) hovering, and in this particular build's case is 100% ranged and not going into melee.

Now, again, without DPS addons what do I know? Maybe I am wrong and at the end the Sentinels would be shown to still be doing subpar. In WoW I'd look, see my damage on trash, see my damage on the boss, and see how many deaths I had. Then I could compare and see if I (or my class) had behaved well or was really dragging my team down.

Here we have feels. Or have all eight running @Carnifax's log parser and then compare. But the game is not yet at the point where super min maxed teams are needed, but if it was then yeah, just like in WoW a Hunter/Sentinel would need to fight for a place because another class/AT would be preferred. Even if the piloting mattered more than following a meta.

• Thumbs Up 1