Mothership Raid expansion

TheZag

1 hour ago, Tiger Shadow said:

All of you who think an MSR is just clicking heals and AoE's need to roll a tanker/brute and come do some pulling.

i was gonna reply that i usually bring a tank so i have more to do

30 minutes ago, Apparition said:

So they bring a Brute or Tanker

talking about me right there

3 hours ago, Tiger Shadow said:

All of you who think an MSR is just clicking heals and AoE's need to roll a tanker/brute and come do some pulling.

I am throwing hand grenades and folding space!

But seriously, pulling can be fun.

I just wish someone would do a clarion on the last pylon as I am tried of seeing people in the raid dying when setting the bombs.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

49 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

I am throwing hand grenades and folding space!

But seriously, pulling can be fun.

I just wish someone would do a clarion on the last pylon as I am tried of seeing people in the raid dying when setting the bombs.

@Apparition says wait after pylon 1 is down for buffs and 1/2 of the raid flies off anyway

9 hours ago, BZRKR said:

Y'all should come to Indom, where we are gathering for raid #1 now 🙂

Does Eda still do those?  I had started HC on Indom, but had to move over once the population started dropping too low for me to find any group to PUG with late at night.  I think I still have some decent toons on Indom that I haven't ported over to Excel (which, of course, I could easily port back over yeah).

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Does Eda still do those?  I had started HC on Indom, but had to move over once the population started dropping too low for me to find any group to PUG with late at night.  I think I still have some decent toons on Indom that I haven't ported over to Excel (which, of course, I could easily port back over yeah).

Yes, on Mondays, thuRsdays and Saturdays. Same time as always, 2 raids a night, instanced.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, BZRKR said:

Yes, on Mondays, thuRsdays and Saturdays. Same time as always, 2 raids a night, instanced.

Thanks, I'll see if maybe I can make one again, although none of those are good days for me.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 hours ago, BZRKR said:

The stuff you need to do ends once U'Kon drops. Just bail after that.

Please do not occupy a spot in an MSR from which you intend to drop after U'kon falls, at least if you are in a full league at the beginning. You are likely consuming a spot that someone else could have used who plans to be there for the full raid.

19 hours ago, Tiger Shadow said:

Or a Defender. 😜

BTW: love any and all ideas to create expansions to an MSR, so long as the OG Zoned one is still available. Great ideas in this thread.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

21 hours ago, Tiger Shadow said:

Done that too.  It's still standing around waiting for Rikti.  The only difference is that they're supposedly chasing you (very slowly), and that you crater your reward potential.  Ultimately doesn't change that the main reason to join is something you're done with when it "begins".

2 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Please do not occupy a spot in an MSR from which you intend to drop after U'kon falls, at least if you are in a full league at the beginning.

As much as they're a chore and a part of me would really like to, I'm generally not so crass as to do this, but this could be solved somewhat, perhaps, by making badge credit for him work like Hami, maybe?  Because as it is, the only way to make progress is to join the raid.

(Alternatively, just make it so it doesn't take 10 raids at a minimum to get the badges)

4 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

and that you crater your reward potential.

In the instanced version you get vanguard merits no matter your distance or team so you dont miss out on merits while you are away pulling.

7 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

(very slowly)

Yes they are slow as molasses in the snow.  Somebody give them swift or sprint please =D

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TheZag said:

In the instanced version you get vanguard merits no matter your distance or team so you dont miss out on merits while you are away pulling.

Fair point, though that does not carry over to XP/Incarnate Shards/etc to my recollection.  Also, good freakin' luck finding someone running an instanced version on Everlasting (on the other hand, last I checked, Indomitable does 'em all that way, so this is admittedly a case where one's mileage may vary).

Though I still maintain that in terms of fun factor, pulling is at least as boring as being in the bowl.  I wonder if, like, an "infinite aggro field" could be maintained in the vicinity of the mothership, so you could just grab as many as you can and get a nice little tail, without having to wait to see if they care?

Edited by Lazarillo

2 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Fair point, though that does not carry over to XP/Incarnate Shards/etc to my recollection.  Also, good freakin' luck finding someone running an instanced version on Everlasting (on the other hand, last I checked, Indomitable does 'em all that way, so this is admittedly a case where one's mileage may vary).

Yeah.  Instanced MSRs are ran on Torchbearer and Indomitable.  They’re not ran on Excelsior (any more anyway), and Everlasting as far as I know.  Which is a shame as they’re better and more equitable than zone MSRs IMO, but to each shard its own. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Please do not occupy a spot in an MSR from which you intend to drop after U'kon falls, at least if you are in a full league at the beginning. You are likely consuming a spot that someone else could have used who plans to be there for the full raid.

Oops! I was not specific enough in my comment. You are correct. For the sake of future readers:

On Indomitable MSR raids run by @Eda it is explicitly okay to leave after U'Kon dies per Step 5 "Wanton Destruction" in their guide here.

Since I have seen @Glacier Peak at the MSR raid run by @Eda on Indomitable, I assumed he was talking about our raids, and responded the way I did.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, BZRKR said:

Oops! I was not specific enough in my comment. You are correct. For the sake of future readers:

On Indomitable MSR raids run by @Eda it is explicitly okay to leave after U'Kon dies per Step 5 "Wanton Destruction" in their guide here.

Since I have seen @Glacier Peak at the MSR raid run by @Eda on Indomitable, I assumed he was talking about our raids, and responded the way I did.

Indom all the way! Either way I'd follow the raid leaders directions. 

• Like 1

I wanted to bring some visualization to the interior layout so i made a minimap of what it could possibly look like.  this layout is actually meant to work with mostly existing rooms that would get their objects swapped out but mostly be in the correct layout.  the profile is intended to roughly follow the shape of the actual mothership in game.  please forgive my artistic skills,  i didnt have time to build it to scale or to paint it. (i made a nicer one,  its still not to scale or painted 😄)

room 1 is recycled from the reactor room from the terra volta power plant.  the circle around room 1 is the hallway that leads to the reactor room but continued to make a full circle

room 1 is meant to be the command room and the entrances are locked until several security terminals are overridden,  possibly in each of room 2

room 2 is the entrance room from the terra volta power plant.  the majority of the map is 3 terra volta respec maps rotated to make the circle hallway continuous with a single reactor room in the center.

room 3 is a custom room that i couldnt find a good substitute for in game part of the curved tunnel section from the praetorian undergroundthere are 6 of them so its really only 1 new room that is mirrored for each side. these are the rooms where each of the objectives would be.  hallways could be blocked and added to connect them together for a larger objective or deny access from a particular 'room 2'.  

1579721584_MothershipMapUpdate(2).jpg.719d198aa2168de6c91ff85b1766e1cf.jpg

Edited by TheZag
updated map and info
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Again, if you want to do instanced, okay.

When I do MSR, I LIKE it when all I have to do is get people to the center.  Then just sit back and enjoy the banter while everyone breaks a foot off in a Rikti posterior or three hundred.

That gets somewhat lost in iTrials and Hami raids.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

15 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Again, if you want to do instanced, okay.

Yes this is meant for instanced only.  When i have some time at my computer i'll edit the title and combine everything into the first post and clarify it some.

20 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Yes this is meant for instanced only.  When i have some time at my computer i'll edit the title and combine everything into the first post and clarify it some.

That new Mothership could really use some racing stripes.

• Haha 1

COH bomp bomp: 

On 12/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, Oklahoman said:
On 12/6/2021 at 11:39 PM, Tiger Shadow said:

Or a Defender. 😜

I've basically sworn off MSRs unless I'm badging or leveling, except for two ATs: (1) Tankers, because the Rikti pulling game is fun (especially for an Invuln tanker with the Psi hole), and (2) an Empathy Defender who can sit in the bowl and autofire Healing Aura (plus the occasional Vengeance, if I'm quick enough) while I chat.  With blasters, it's just spamming attacks (the only minigame is timing the AoEs right when more Rikti TP in), and it's actively frustrating with melee toons (oh, hey, there's a Rikti!  I'll just run over there and...oh, dead already.  Hey, there's another one!  I'll—nope, invalid target.  Repeat for 30 minutes).

I may have poured myself a drink in celebration when my Blaster badger did his 10th MSR for the Master at Arms and Demolitionist badges and so would never have to MSR again.

Edited by Zhym

... I really have to wonder what's going on with MSRs elsewhere. Do people not talk? Is it just raid leaders going "NO TALKING! Just press your buttons! You talk or interact with people, you're banned! No fun allowed, just press your damn buttons!"  Geez...

As far as what to do on other ATs? We have all sorts of folks pulling. Running the rim to get stragglers into the bowl. Getting toggles on the grates nearest the bowl on the side that's not used for bombs - because you *will* get a steady stream of Rikti in that way (don't break the grates, as melee - just taunt them, you'll get rikti.) On my usual-raider Warshade, I load up on Ultimates and am constantly shadow slipping Rikti into nice clumps to attack.  My Dark/Pain corr doesn't tend to stay in the middle "aura rocking' - aside from the added buffs/debuffs, I'm constantly attacking, heading up to rescue melee with a heal (or rezzing - and attacking any enemies nearby to get their attention away from the rezzed person.) I'm rarely bored no matter what AT I'm on, unless I'm already tired or in a mood and not interacting with anyone.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, Greycat said:

... I really have to wonder what's going on with MSRs elsewhere. Do people not talk? Is it just raid leaders going "NO TALKING! Just press your buttons! You talk or interact with people, you're banned! No fun allowed, just press your damn buttons!"  Geez...

Exactly, it's a social event. 🙂 You can watch videos of past MSRs I've run on my Twitch channel. I set it up so whatever people post in the REQUEST channel gets to be seen in my Twitch stream. We send a lot of "dad" and "uncle" jokes there. I do a fair amount of pulling, even as a Defender, and I usually walk away with around 1200 vMerits or more.

But, if it's not your thing, don't do it. That's OK. Game may not be here tomorrow for all we know. Have fun now. Eat dessert first.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

As far as what to do on other ATs? We have all sorts of folks pulling. Running the rim to get stragglers into the bowl. Getting toggles on the grates nearest the bowl on the side that's not used for bombs - because you *will* get a steady stream of Rikti in that way (don't break the grates, as melee - just taunt them, you'll get rikti.) On my usual-raider Warshade, I load up on Ultimates and am constantly shadow slipping Rikti into nice clumps to attack.  My Dark/Pain corr doesn't tend to stay in the middle "aura rocking' - aside from the added buffs/debuffs, I'm constantly attacking, heading up to rescue melee with a heal (or rezzing - and attacking any enemies nearby to get their attention away from the rezzed person.) I'm rarely bored no matter what AT I'm on, unless I'm already tired or in a mood and not interacting with anyone.

we are  playing MSR bingo.  <Insert airplane reference>

COH bomp bomp: 

• 1 month later

i had a few requests for an AE mission covering my request here (looking at you @Jiro Ito)  so i went ahead and made one.

its what i would consider the task force version,  finding a way on the ship and then finally attacking.  4 missions long.

its meant to be hard,  probably a team of 6 or more to be able to kill the giant monster in mission 3 (i did add a timer to that mission so players can advance by running out of time)  All the missions and story are done,  i'll probably polish up the story some but there shouldnt be anything major.  it is available to play

it is Board the Mothership  arc id: 47119

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2