Making a Night Widow as the "B-side" of my Fort?

Generator

Hey there,

So I've got a Fortunata, and she's fun, I play her every so often when my alt-crush goes to her.  I've only ever played her as a Fort, even back on Live I never actually played a Widow as a Night Widow.

I'm thinking, instead of rolling up a whole separate character, ust use the dual-build function to make the Night Widow the second build o my Fortunata. I honestly don't see a reason to not do it this way, versus making a second character.  Do you think I'm missing something?  If so I'd love to hear your two cents.

Thanks,

Generator

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Six-Six said:

That's one way to do it. Personally, I enjoy learning the powers as I earn them. It helps me figure out how to play the toon. This is why I have 11 spiders. 😃 

I get that, but as much as we all like to joke about altitis, I'm up over 50 chars on my main server, and I'm getting to the point where I'd like to maybe keep the roster bloat a little under control.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Generator said:

Hey there,

So I've got a Fortunata, and she's fun, I play her every so often when my alt-crush goes to her.  I've only ever played her as a Fort, even back on Live I never actually played a Widow as a Night Widow.

I'm thinking, instead of rolling up a whole separate character, ust use the dual-build function to make the Night Widow the second build o my Fortunata. I honestly don't see a reason to not do it this way, versus making a second character.  Do you think I'm missing something?  If so I'd love to hear your two cents.

Thanks,

Generator

You're not missing anything. Using one of your 3 builds for a Night Widow makes perfect sense. Afterall, what are you gonna do with 3 Fortunata builds?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

It's cool. Each to his own as to what floats his own goat.

Incidentally, I started with 3 builds on 1 widow--1 pure claws, 1 pure fort, 1 hybrid (claws + psi). But the Roleplayer in me couldn't reconcile their different personalities when I played. So now I have 4 widows: One is a pure Fort build . One is a darts + claws, one just claws. Two are level-capped at 10 and 38 for SG/RP purposes, both claws. 😃

This is precisely what I did with my Widow... I made one male, one female. I even played them through content as different characters while I was leveling them.

I tend to stick with the Fortunata, but occasionally I will shift between them on TF/SF to see if anyone says anything.

• Haha 1

I have a night widow, fort, and support oriented blood widow using 3 IO'd builds that I hotswap on the fly using macros. The small price to pay is burning your cool downs when swapping so you have to time your big CDs.

Very rewarding way too play a widow. I've often had pugs send me tells asks ng how I was using fort only powers and night widow only powers in the same map.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Generator said:

I don't recall, do your powers go on cooldown when you swap builds?

Yes

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 4 weeks later

VEAT's are perfect for having a dual build.  I did this on my Fortunata.  Have both a melee-oriented primary and a heavy psychic-oriented secondary.  I even have a themed bio for her "two faces," as she was almost killed in battle while training but an Arachnos mad scientist melded her surviving torso to a cybernetic body and she broke her programming, allowing her to switch her programming/powers to suit the circumstances.  

Mindripper....here's her two builds, borrowed heavily from @Bopper and others on forums.

Build One (Melee)

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mindripper_Build1: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Dam%(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 12: Lunge -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27)
Level 14: Spin -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(15), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(17), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 16: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 18: Slash -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 26: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 32: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(11)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Eye of the Magus 
------------
------------

Build 2, Psychic:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

MindRipper_Build2: Level 50 Mutation Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 2: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), GldStr-%Dam(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(15)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(17), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 16: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GldJvl-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(29)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 28: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(40), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(42), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(45)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(47), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(47)
Level 44: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Geas of the Kind Ones 
Level 50: Eye of the Magus 
------------
------------

image.thumb.png.c3f004c2f00c855f19d98c8eb3370bfd.png

Edited by Crysis

• 4 weeks later
On 12/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, Generator said:

I can't recall, when you level the B-side, do you get the "Chutes and Ladders" action, where when you hit 24 it zips you back down to 1 to start again?

Yes. Any time  you're "leveling" the character from level 1, like on the second or third build, you'll have to do this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, Generator said:

I can't recall, when you level the B-side, do you get the "Chutes and Ladders" action, where when you hit 24 it zips you back down to 1 to start again?

Yes, as GreyCat said. But this only happens on initial leveling. If you respec you don't have this issue.