Faraday Cage: Show Us On the Doll Where it Hurt You, Devs!

Aurora_Girl

Preface: I was on hiatus when Elec Affinity was on beta, so I assume this was brought up and squashed for some reason at that point. 

Why, for the love of Tesla, is this power a location AoE and not a toggle? 

Change the status protection to resistance, and boom. Yes it would be essentially a clone of Sonic Dispersion and Dispersion Bubble, but is that so wrong? Having to recast it every ten seconds or so is absurd, assuming you move *at all* during a fight. 

Hell: drop all +Res except Energy, bump base Energy resistance up a smidge, change the status protection, and then boom it's a winner. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Having to recast it every ten seconds or so is absurd, assuming you move *at all* during a fight. 

This was brought up, and it is why we received a concession of allowing the effects of Faraday Cage to last 5s despite the activation period of the power beong only 0.2s. This allows you 4.8s-5s outside the cage to move around, still buffed, before needing to reapply the power. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 minutes ago, Bopper said:

This was brought up, and it is why we received a concession of allowing the effects of Faraday Cage to last 5s despite the activation period of the power beong only 0.2s. This allows you 4.8s-5s outside the cage to move around, still buffed, before needing to reapply the power. 

It's a concession, sure. But say if you bind it to +forward and you're hover blasting, you're recasting essentially every time you move and you may or may not be in the spot you cast it once you're done repositioning. 

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

2 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Shhhhh...don't get the dev's looking too much at Faraday Cage.

Exactly.  It’s slightly overpowered as is.  As a toggle, it would be way overpowered and put both Dispersion Bubble and Sonic Dispersion to shame, which is why making it a toggle was never a consideration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Exactly.  It’s slightly overpowered as is.  As a toggle, it would be way overpowered and put both Dispersion Bubble and Sonic Dispersion to shame, which is why making it a toggle was never a consideration.

Did y'all read what I wrote?

10 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Did y'all read what I wrote?

Yes.  You are calling for a substantial nerf to the power in order to make it a toggle and remove its uniqueness when it’s currently very powerful and the best AoE mez protection power in the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

It's a concession, sure. But say if you bind it to +forward and you're hover blasting, you're recasting essentially every time you move and you may or may not be in the spot you cast it once you're done repositioning. 

I would recommend to not bind it in that way, then. I would recommend activating it manually whenever you determine you need to

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

When would a squishy *not* need Mez protection, in the grand scheme of things? Yes, nerf it. Nerf it in the name of across the board evenness.

"Permanent Mez protection at level 16!" Wouldn't everyone and their uncle be using this set if this power was *that OP*?

Oh, there are hardly any Affinity users, I'd wager? Even if Clarion is standard for all Squishies? Ultimately it won't matter to me, personally, as I've shelved the toon and won't play it until Faraday is a toggle, but...

Who honestly gives a shit if it's unique? Sonic's not unique from FF, other than the def/res part, and nobody seems to care. 

• Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

When would a squishy *not* need Mez protection, in the grand scheme of things? Yes, nerf it. Nerf it in the name of across the board evenness.

"Permanent Mez protection at level 16!" Wouldn't everyone and their uncle be using this set if this power was *that OP*?

Oh, there are hardly any Affinity users, I'd wager? Even if Clarion is standard for all Squishies? Ultimately it won't matter to me, personally, as I've shelved the toon and won't play it until Faraday is a toggle, but...

Who honestly gives a shit if it's unique? Sonic's not unique from FF, other than the def/res part, and nobody seems to care. 

I'm sorry but this is entirely a you problem. Cast it once per fight. It's far, far better than Dispersion Bubble and asking for it to be nerfed so that you don't have to learn how to use your powers properly is ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As someone who frequently does the MSR, let me please say do NOT touch our Faraday Cage! It is by far one of the best powers for any sort of 'stand here and fight' situation! Please try and avoid the 'all sets must be so homogenized that they're essentially the same' issue that Champions Online had!