What is your favorite update, bugfix, or change Homecoming has made to CoX?

DougGraves

1 minute ago, Luminara said:

When it works.  It spawns my Oil Slick under the map half the time, and trying to use it with Lightning Rod is just as frustrating.  Every time I use /powexeclocation target on a power with a long recharge time, it's a toss-up.

You could use /powexec_location cursor power_name and use your cursor to point at the targeted area. This saves a confirmation click of the mouse as you won't have the target location white rings appear. That should avoid spawning things under the ground as well.

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

When it works.  It spawns my Oil Slick under the map half the time, and trying to use it with Lightning Rod is just as frustrating.  Every time I use /powexeclocation target on a power with a long recharge time, it's a toss-up.

Weird.  I use an image macro to swap the icon from the power to the macro, and use these guts:

"powexec_name Bonfire$$powexec_location Target Bonfire" 

or 

"powexec_name Jaunt$$powexec_location Target Jaunt" 

To just tab over to a target and fire a power at their feet.  I've never had it fire below the surface or anything weird like that, but I have had it refuse to fire in hectic scenarios like an MSR when everyone and their brother is clubbing the GM, but I assume it's a sync thing or something along those lines.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

There's a ton of stuff that I really appreciate HC having done.   Lots of power work and bug fixes, but I really like they've added a few more story arcs that are well thought out and the Tour Guide Tip missions are a really nice touch.  They really show a dedication to the craft.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/6/2022 at 1:01 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

But /ah is pretty sweet too.

FWIW /ah was around back on live, it was just gated behind the 84-month vet reward (and was a higher-tier unlock after the game went F2P).

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 1/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, Shocktacular said:

pretty much everything, really.  I'm not always sure what was from the first days of HC vs the last days of Live.  It kind-of blends together.

This right here, where we can't be sure which team did what for the game, is a testament to how well the HC team is doing things right now.

Amazing job guys, and thanks for bringing it back to us! Looking forward to what's still to come

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 4:22 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Pretty sure HC added Artillery and Bombardment.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:18 AM, roleki said:

Maybe it was?  I assumed not, since there aren't any bids on vaporware 53s at the Auction House; the HC-specific ones don't seem to get those.  Maybe they do and I'm mistaken.

I like both of these sets, so thanks Team HC! You make my numbers big!

Resident certified baby

One big thing that springs to mind is the market.  What with seeding and mixing of crafted IOs and attuned IOs, they've made it work for a smaller pop game that we have; without any of that, we'd all be running around hoarding SOs or paying two billion for a single LotG or something else ludicrous.  If you have even one min/max kind of build on just one toon, you can thank that market work for that.  Even back on Live it was becoming unsustainable.

Opening up the Incarnate stuff was also very helpful.  Back during Live, near the end, I was really seeing the population gravitating to doing little other than Incarnate grinding, it was  seriously killing the game for me.

For me, it's removing the gate-keeping around costume parts and the asymmetrical thing for gloves, boots and shoulders now.

I suspect as time goes by, the updating of the infrastructure behind the scenes is going to be more important as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/5/2022 at 2:53 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

That is not a helpfully written entry.  The part "... similar to how a thumbtack is manually placed by left-clicking a location on the mini-map" should be at the very freaking top of that page, not halfway down the page.  Something short and sweet and simple like "left click anywhere on your map to place a thumbtack."  Like some tl;dr version for what the hell this is.

And i assume one can drag and drop them into chat to share them with a group?  Cause I've never been able to figure out how to get numbers of the coordinates off the map.  I only recently learned that when someone puts those numbers into chat ("Winter Lord is at:....") that you can click on that in the chat box and make it appear on your map, and yet that useful info is in the last paragraph on that page

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

It's a wiki, Clave!

You're well-spoken; edit away!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Cause I've never been able to figure out how to get numbers of the coordinates off the map

/loc

move a bit to the east /loc

move a bit to the south /loc

jump up on a building /loc

You can figure out the coordinates fairly quickly if that is something that is useful to you.

But with the thumbtack, you can just google your explore/history badge coordinates and just drop them in.

If I really want explorer badges in a zone (and I don't already know where they are), I just streets sweep in the zone and run the exploration tip missions that drop.

I think that was a great addition to the game

• Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

or paying two billion for a single LotG

gollum-my-precious.gif

Incarnate grinding, it was  seriously killing the game for me.

The Incarnate system and other stuff killed the game for me .... I think I already said "micro transactions".

I ditched my subscription almost exactly a year before the Sunset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.