What is your favorite update, bugfix, or change Homecoming has made to CoX?

DougGraves

Multiple body part auras STARES INTENSELY AT THE DEVS

• Haha 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

I have been grateful and appreciative of both being able to be back in The City and all the work that has gone into it since its return but about the only change I haven't had a problem with is making it where buffing movement powers actually buffs movement powers. And scrapper stone armor turned out pretty well balanced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

P2W stuff probably. They are such a good QoL increase. I can have respectable travel speed, good enough flight, level 1 full attack chain (of for no other reason than the long animation times, lol), 2x XP, various teleporters, and that portable workbench.

Revamped Energy Melee too. My favorite character right now is an EM/Bio scrapper. So much single target damage. I just like the big orange numbers. It really activates my neurons. 

• Thumbs Up 3

One that jumps readily to mind for me is the addition of the /thumbtack command, which I've certainly gotten a lot of mileage from. I also think they've done a great job with the various tweaks (bucketing, seeding, etc.) to the market to keep it healthy. Some of those may predate HC, though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Trying to choose between Phantom Army character model cloning, the Trick Arrow update, all costume items unlocked at level 1, asymmetrical gloves/shoulders/boots, player market stabilization and anti-inflation measures, and Infiltration is like trying to decide which of my major organs I like the most.

Hint: not the treacherous lung.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I've enjoyed the revamp to all of the energy powers but I'll have to say this latest release is my favorite so far.  With the new Aeon SF and all of the new mechanics it really feels like the game is moving forward.  Even though there's little else in the latest release that interested me the SF alone stands out as a great achievement, not to say all the other stuff added isn't good it just doesn't interest me but I've already gotten most of the powers that I've wanted, so I still see all of the extra stuff they were able to add onto the last update as so much icing on the cake for everyone. 

Definitely this latest release.  It sets the bar for future releases going forward and gives my energy characters more to do.     

• Thumbs Up 3

The changes to how we build up Incarnate XP, the post-50 leveling grants and taking the ludicrous time gates off of the rewards for running Dark Astoria's mission arcs. All of that has actually made it reasonable to Incarnate a character solo. I definitely *DO NOT MISS* the days of endlessly grinding iTrials. Making them completely optional? I love it. 

I know, I know... The TeamsTeamsTeamsOMGTEEEAAAMMMMS! people probably hate it with the fury of a hundred suns. You guys want us all to have no choice but to run another thousand BAFs with you.... But seriously, being able to Incarnate my crew on my own schedule, without having to worry about getting a few dozen other people together off-hours on Pacific time? It really is a Nice Thing. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

There are a few.  Can't select just one, sorry.

• Instanced Rikti mothership raids.  They're better and smoother than zone mothership raids in pretty much every way.
  • The Trick Arrow revamp.  A power set I would never play on live is now my favorite support power set in the game.
  • Sonic Manipulation.  It's my favorite Blaster secondary now and it gels so well with all of the melee-oriented blast sets like Dual Pistols and Fire Blast.
  • I concur with @AboveTheChemist that the /thumbtack command was a fantastic addition to the game.  It makes finding things so much easier.
  • Thumbs Up 3

A stable market. Reworking the snipe changes. Moving electric sustain to Lightning Field/Dynamo. Making the respec reactor room not tedious.

But my favorite change is fixing the bug where I couldn't log in and play.

• Thumbs Up 6

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

I love several of the powerset revamps and other things but I think the market changes have had the broadest beneficial impact. I was a 'have not' back on live and felt frozen out of the upper tiers of play because of it. Every character I've played on homecoming has benefited from access to high end enhancements and the game as a whole feels more inclusive because of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

no micro transactions.

• Thumbs Up 5

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Base boundary checking removal, MM pets phasing, MM pets ranged AI, Power Tray cooldowns

Edit: Technically first two of these are SCoRE not Homecoming I think, but well..

Edited by Fira
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

So many good things.  Fixing Energy Melee!  Thank you!   Tweaking Tanks!  Stares at my old SS Brutes…..now if you could just…..

The new Hami Os that give me a Heal /Rech option!  About a zillion other things.

oh, and glad they fixed that bug where the game disappeared off the face of the planet!

• Thumbs Up 4

You mean other than changing City of Heroes from being a game I wished I could play again to something I actually could play again?  Gosh, everything else (as great as the QoL improvements and contents updates are) kind of pales next to that.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1