What is your favorite update, bugfix, or change Homecoming has made to CoX?

DougGraves

I cannot believe no one has said /powexeclocation. That is the single biggest gameplay QoL improvement implemented post-shutdown.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

10 hours ago, macskull said:

I cannot believe no one has said /powexeclocation. That is the single biggest gameplay QoL improvement implemented post-shutdown.

I did not know this was a post-shutdown thing, but I suppose I should have guessed such. 😉 So I have to include /powexec_location because without it my favorite update to the game would be less than it is without the macros.

609ani.jpg

Also, to echo the obvious: without the continuous stewardship of the project by the HC team none of this would have been possible in the first place.  I certainly do not know what I would have been doing in early 2020 had I not accidentally discovered that HC existed in mid-March of that year.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

64-bit client.  It released pretty early on and people often forget about it, but I think it was one of the biggest improvements Homecoming has made.  My performance on the 32-bit version was terrible and I don't think I would have stuck with City of Heroes if I had to continue leading raids at 5 fps.  Some sort of issue with Ryzen processors or something.

As far as I know none of the other servers have a 64-bit client yet, but maybe that's changed in the last year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

I tend to be more into the small technical details (whoda figgered, right?) and so the gameplay extensions, while wonderful, aren't my first choices. I'd say:

• powexec_location in general and then the extension to cursor
  • Enhancement upgrade button
  • Thumbtacking
  • Innertube emotes

...and, as more than one has already noted, just damned being here!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

58 minutes ago, Veracor said:

64-bit client.  It released pretty early on and people often forget about it, but I think it was one of the biggest improvements Homecoming has made.  My performance on the 32-bit version was terrible and I don't think I would have stuck with City of Heroes if I had to continue leading raids at 5 fps.  Some sort of issue with Ryzen processors or something.

As far as I know none of the other servers have a 64-bit client yet, but maybe that's changed in the last year.

This.  This!  A thousand times this!!!

But /ah is pretty sweet too.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

The /ah command.
Crashless nukes (I know this was planned for Live, but it only made it to test servers, so I'm half-counting it here).
Travel power updates.
Asymmetrical gloves/boots/shoulders.

Veteran Levels (and thread and emp merit awards).
P2W/T4V vendors.
New powersets and updated powersets.

Enhancement upgrade button.

... pretty much everything, really.  I'm not always sure what was from the first days of HC vs the last days of Live.  It kind-of blends together.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Probably the market consolidation and the ease-of-access to Attuned enhancements.  Back during the game's original lifetime, when they were introduced for the game-store purposes, I'd really hoped they'd be expanded out to replace the game's originally super-unwieldy enhancement level system.  HC more or less nailed it for me, with that.  It's so much more fun leveling thanks to this system.

On a slightly related note, the expansion of the Incarnate system so now it's not reliant on replaying the same friggin' raids over and over and over.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. Phantom Army Customization
  2. Market Revamp
  3. QoL in general; it's no longer painful to play my favorite game!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

19 minutes ago, Krimson said:

No, I could not have Hover and Fly on at the same time, all the time, on Live.

Ah well yeah certain toggles canceled the other yes like flight over hover.  That's a nice little add-on to the detoggling quirks.  

9 hours ago, Redletter said:

ARTILLERY WASNT HERE DURING LIVE WHAAAAAAAT?!

Maybe it was?  I assumed not, since there aren't any bids on vaporware 53s at the Auction House; the HC-specific ones don't seem to get those.  Maybe they do and I'm mistaken.

Edited by roleki

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Energy Melee rework.  It allowed me to make a toon, I always wanted and have it not be relatively weak compared to my other toons.  And the whole last update with Dr Aeon and such to give us new difficulty standards. 

An honerable mention to the implementation of stances so I could stay in ninja run and/or beast run animations while using other movement powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 1/6/2022 at 12:12 AM, macskull said:

I agree that Powexec_location is the best hands down QoL improvement implemented on any server. It allows so much versatility with powers, and can turn a teleport power to an oh shit I'm about to be spiked, not today Satan power.

Sounds like /powexeclocation and I need to spend some quality time together!

And I can't believe I forgot to mention the entire shift of focus from "gimme da moneys" to "let's have fun!"

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 minute ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I agree that Powexec_location is the best hands down QoL improvement implemented on any server. It allows so much versatility with powers, and can turn a teleport power to an oh shit I'm about to be spiked, not today Satan power.

When it works.  It spawns my Oil Slick under the map half the time, and trying to use it with Lightning Rod is just as frustrating.  Every time I use /powexeclocation target on a power with a long recharge time, it's a toss-up.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.