Hasten crash now unavoidable?

jojogladco

Am I crazy or did the Hasten crash used to be avoidable prior to the Issue 27 Page 3 update? My recollection is that if you could achieve perma-hasten then the 15 end crash as the 1st instance of the power expired would be avoided. 

Right now I'm seeing in the combat logs that Hasten is recharged and cast, and then 3-4 seconds later when then 1st instance drops off I'm seeing "Your Hasten drains 14.99 points your of endurance"

My apologies if this is in a patch note I missed or my memory is failing me and  it was always this way.  

image.png.8a7e040da208d70f63a822d42f39549f.png

24 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

The Hasten crash was never avoidable.  You might be confusing things with Rage, which back during the game's original lifetime, could have most (though not all) of its crash mitigated by double-stacking.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd done a quick search before posting and the only other forum result I found was from someone else with the same memory I had and they are a pretty well know poster who generally has good info. The last line being the relevant line here.  

I must just have a faulty memory of this power.

52 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

The Hasten crash was never avoidable.  You might be confusing things with Rage, which back during the game's original lifetime, could have most (though not all) of its crash mitigated by double-stacking.

I recall the Hasten crash being avoidable, but it being something they fixed on live.

3 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

When it runs out or is reactivated before it finishes it consumes around 15 endurance.

38 minutes ago, arcane said:

Hasten has a crash? 😳

Which the way we, the player base, build for sustainable endurance usage it isn't a terribly surprising response.  

I just did a quick check on a character: Even if Hasten is truly perma (that is, you see two instances of it in your power icons) when one of them drops you suffer the Endurance loss.

I did some shenanigans on the same character to verify that this happens if you don't also have perma-Hasten. It's not the way I remember it, but this could be the Mandela Effect. In my defense, your honor, Domination refills the Endurance bar, and it's primarily on Dominators where I bother with perma-Hasten!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A Cat said:

When I was researching the history of the Hasten crash, I found a note left in the page source of the wiki saying "I'm sorry, but we needed to add the crash to perma Hasten to survive the Coming Storm."

Battalion raid boss that you just survive chained KO Blows/Foot Stomps for two minutes until the their Rage and Hasten simultaneously crash and then you wail on 'em when?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Hasten has a crash? 😳

I know right ?   I never realized.  Then i looked at the number.  If you cant eat that end cost on your build without help you need more tinkering than mitigation of that crash would give you

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I know right ?   I never realized.  Then i looked at the number.  If you cant eat that end cost on your build without help you need more tinkering than mitigation of that crash would give you

Starving night widows would KILL for 15~ End!

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

I noticed this a couple years ago. Worth the cost. And honestly, only very rarely has it been an issue. But, I'm one of those that monitors End Recovery and End Consumption while leveling and try to ensure I've got a suitable surplus. Try being the operative word. 

Hasten to my memory has had a small end crash since circa i1. I vaguely remember it in the days or Perma Unstoppable/Perma MoG.

15 end though is the cost of 1 big attack, so it's not an unmanageable crash. The idea was that using hasten would wear you out from attacking more often, so I'm pretty sure it was by design from probably power implementation. But like I said my memory is a little hazy.