Council of Shadows

Yomo Kimyata

I don't really see the Council and Carnival merging. They are antithetical to each other as far as I can tell. And in the incarnate arcs, you start to see more powerful Council without the need for merging disparate groups. Just have the devs expand the incarnate Council or further explore the Paths of the Dark Council.

I won’t disagree that the Council could use some new things both to distinguish them from the Fifth Column, make them current with Current game difficulty, and because when issue 24 originally dropped the storyline was hinting for massive changes to the council and other factions anyway. Still, I don’t see the powers of the Carnival as terribly fitting for the Council. Rapiers, chakras, fire breathers, burly mallet guys, illusionists and psychic ring mistresses don’t seem like they’d gel well. I’d pitch what I would think and like to see but it’s hard to put into words much less convey whole phone posting.

I'm all for adding new missions or content where higher end council are, but not in favor of a revamp of the existing missions.

Sometimes I just want to thrash some pleeb council or warriors and when I want that it's nice to have milder groups. I never set foot in AE, never PL and play my way to 50 and beyond on all toons. While I thoroughly enjoy fighting Malta, carnies, IDF, arachnos... I enjoy having the option to relax and enjoy fighting factions that are less difficult, i.e. council, warriors, sometimes freaks or sky raiders.

Please do not remove this option.

You know, I had a whole wall typed out, because I like the idea of giving council a buff, then I realized everything I was coming up with was just stuff Longbow already does.

Still gonna +1 the original idea because I do think some Carnie stuff could be ported over to Vamps and Galaxies to make them more threatening.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I know that while leveling up, the difference between max diff council and max diff carnies is pretty dang stark. But CoT feel like they're right in the middle. Why aren't there any Rikti or Malta radio missions in PI? If there are I'm gonna feel dumb but I don't think my blinders are that heavy.

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I know that while leveling up, the difference between max diff council and max diff carnies is pretty dang stark. But CoT feel like they're right in the middle. Why aren't there any Rikti or Malta radio missions in PI? If there are I'm gonna feel dumb but I don't think my blinders are that heavy.

AFAIK the only vill groups in PI radios are Council, CoT, Arachnos, and Carnies.

Grandville papers get way more choices, but not Rikti. You have to go to RWZ for endless Rikti door missions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

The Council are tied in with the Nictus. That should give at least a reason for more differentiation... and more power boosts (figuring by the time they're a threat to 40-50+ they've "proven themselves" enough to have more of a kick to them.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The Galaxies, War Wolves, Arakhn, Requiem, and possibly the Vampyri are all linked to the Nictus. The Galaxies have a part of a (dead?) Nictus placed in them. (In a mission from Dr. Shelly Percey, the Nictus is alive and whole, and is how a Galaxy is made. Another mission, contact not remembered, it is mentioned only a fragment of a usually dead Nictus is placed in a host to make a Galaxy, with the knowledge that a partial Nictus can grow into a whole Nictus. Unclear if dead is permitted or if must be alive to grow into a whole Nictus and take over the host's body.) The Wolves are noted in at least one mission as being failed attempts to use the Nictus and in another as simply made by the use of Nictus, means unclear. The Vampyri are hinted at having a Nictus connection in at least one mission, but are otherwise specified as being a type of super soldier.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to clarify.

17 hours ago, Rudra said:

I don't really see the Council and Carnival merging.

Let's see them have some street/city zone battles against each other!

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 hours ago, biostem said:

I could see some higher level Council getting beam rifles, or perhaps some human/Mekman cyborgs.  Maybe the Warwolves could be revamped with savage melee attacks as well...

I could have sworn I'd seen some beam rifles over the weekend, either with Council (running Manticore TF) or with Family (running Sister Airlia's arcs).

I don't think I see Ascendants in high-level content, so they might stand some upgrading.  Much as I hate getting hit with Detention Field, Ascendants might help revive Council from steamroll status.

And Council were more challenging when their missions had a non-zero chance of spawning Shadow Cyst Crystals.  (Or maybe not, since so many people faceroll ITF nowadays.)

28 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

I could have sworn I'd seen some beam rifles over the weekend, either with Council (running Manticore TF) or with Family (running Sister Airlia's arcs).

I don't think I see Ascendants in high-level content, so they might stand some upgrading.  Much as I hate getting hit with Detention Field, Ascendants might help revive Council from steamroll status.

And Council were more challenging when their missions had a non-zero chance of spawning Shadow Cyst Crystals.  (Or maybe not, since so many people faceroll ITF nowadays.)

Yeah the revamped Family have beam rifles. It certainly makes them much tougher to fight.. and it's always amusing to see teammates get caught off guard when they can't steamroll them. 

Would definitely be nice to see Council get some better weapon tech. Maybe add a lieutenant with the Surveillance power for some resistance & defense debuffing?