Giant Monster for the Hollows

The Hollows is neglected and as a hazard zone is without a giant monster.

Add a Magmite giant monster.  Have him spawn after 100 of the pumacite are defeated and have him spawn with two equal level spawns so it is a challenge for all levels and not only easy merits for a GM.

I know you can do Cavern of Trancendence, but leave it as is.  

A giant Troll monster in the caves would be cool too. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Meh. don't really think it needs one, personally. (Nor would I want to be flattened by one running a sub-level-10 character around trying to do missions. )

• Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Nope. The Hollows does not need a giant monster. Not from the Igneous. Not from the Trolls (which makes no sense as they are still human). Not from the Circle who already have a giant monster (in Nerva). Not from your choice of deity, cosmic entity/event, or unnamed group.

A flood event from the Trolls damming the Red River? Sure. Another giant monster stomping around because people seem to want a giant monster in every zone? No.

13 hours ago, Ice Ember said:

Add a Magmite giant monster.  Have him spawn after 100 of the pumacite are defeated and have him spawn with two equal level spawns so it is a challenge for all levels and not only easy merits for a GM.

Sounds fun to me and adds a badge maybe.

Badge hunters are always looking for more badges.

More seasonal giant monsters would be nice as well.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 hours ago, Greycat said:

Meh. don't really think it needs one, personally. (Nor would I want to be flattened by one running a sub-level-10 character around trying to do missions. )

Whaaaat!

Part of the charm, as a newb in the Hollows, is turning a corner, hopping a boulder or exiting a mission and getting splattered ... isn't it?  My poor scrapper still wakes suddenly recalling putting the team lead on follow, hopping a rock and catching a house-sized pebble to the face thrown by a very purple Ogre before she even reached the bottom of the Gulch she'd unknowingly leaped into.

I personally wouldn't mind some creature/event for the Hollows.  It's a favorite zone where I cut my teeth in my first MMO many years ago in i3.  But there does seem to be a call for a monster in every zone these days.  Hollows was is special I'd want any new event to be equally special.

I prefer to have more world events and not just a GM but if i have to choose between a new GM and nothing,  i will choose a new GM.

And they dont even have 100 feet of vision.  I wouldnt take into consideration that less then 600 square feet of a zone will become a lowbie death trap.  They can go around.

A giant lava monster does sound cool, but as it has been said, I don't think every zone needs a Giant Monster.

I do prefer the flood event. Maybe akin to one of the iTrials (Underground?) where you race through the tunnels stopping charge.

/e poofgone

*Tries picturing the proposed Arachnos bank robbery event* *Can't picture Recluse, Ghost Widow, Mako, Scorpion, or Scirocco stooping to robbing banks*

Uhm... no... attacking the city? Sure. Robbing a bank? No.

(Edit: I don't see why level 50+3 incarnate players rob banks though... so... I guess? As players, we are limited to bank robberies as the culmination of doing papers though, so it's less a bit of logic and more a theme we are bound to. Arachnos forces are seen in safeguard missions, but that seems less an Arachnos operation and more a sub-faction of Arachnos operatives being ordered to support the (not but still may be according to the List from Kalinda) Destined villain or making money on the side.)

Edited by Rudra