Can we get a way to bypass Arc-locked TFs?

kelika2

Somehow someway like with ITF.  Before it used to require saving Percy on every alt 5 times or so, now we just enter a house.

Katie is by far the biggest offender in terms of boredom and sloggyness

Hess isnt that bad

Kal requires planning or leeching.  I think.

And its been awhile since even thinking about CoTransendence and just remember the Atta map.

But damn, after the alt list had a few years to build up doing it for each got old at a modest pace.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

After doing it so many times to unlock TFs and SFs im inclined to agree.  Sometimes i just want to hop on an alt and lead a weekly target.  Not hop on an alt and lead a weekly target but also have to ask for someone that has it unlocked.  So i go do something else instead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's not forget LRSF, which requires the Time after Time arc, the last of four arcs for your patron.  On the other hand, by the time you hit 50 redside you've probably already completed it.

The rest are pretty quick and easy by comparison.  Katie and Hess only require you flashback the last arc in the zone (you can skip the earlier arcs).  Kal drops an easy tip almost as soon as you hit 20 redside.  The last Hollows arc can be done by flashback in less than 30 minutes as long as you don't insist on clearing the Atta map.

Unlocking Cimerora is just one of those things I do on every alt as soon as they hit 35.  Just like going to RWZ for the Member of Vanguard badge.

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Let's not forget LRSF, which requires the Time after Time arc, the last of four arcs for your patron.  On the other hand, by the time you hit 50 redside you've probably already completed it.

No, it doesn't.  That requirement was removed during the "secret server" years, years ago.  I was told when Homecoming started that all you need now is the patron badge but honestly I'm not even sure if that much is required.  I just always have a patron badge before level 45.

• Thumbs Up 1

Many of the requirements have been loosened already.  Would be nice if there was a way for the game to know you unlocked it 5 times so now its unlocked on new alts.  But i dont want the requirement to go away completely.  I doubt there will ever be an account wide unlock though,  i hear account wide stuff is a pain in the butt to code.

Yeah, I'm 50/50 on this. A lot of the ones mentioned: Hess, Katie, Cavern of Transcendence... these are all the finishing chapters of their zone's story arcs. It would be kind of silly and defeating the purpose if you could just walk up and talk to them with no prior introduction. Like grabbing a book but then only reading the last chapter.

Then again, I agree that the required arcs can be a slog, even if you only do the last ones in each chain. And to keep the same metaphor, if you've already read a book a dozen times, what's the harm in just skipping to the last chapter?

So it doesn't feel right to do this, even though I agree with the logic behind it.

53 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Yeah, I'm 50/50 on this. A lot of the ones mentioned: Hess, Katie, Cavern of Transcendence... these are all the finishing chapters of their zone's story arcs. It would be kind of silly and defeating the purpose if you could just walk up and talk to them with no prior introduction. Like grabbing a book but then only reading the last chapter.

Then again, I agree that the required arcs can be a slog, even if you only do the last ones in each chain. And to keep the same metaphor, if you've already read a book a dozen times, what's the harm in just skipping to the last chapter?

So it doesn't feel right to do this, even though I agree with the logic behind it.

It was done for Lord Recluse Strike Force.  The LRSF is the finishing chapter of the patron story arc and required completion of your patron story arc to unlock.  SCoRE removed that entirely in the "secret server" years.  SCoRE opened that Pandora's Box, only fair to see it through and remove the requirements blue side as well IMO.

I had a suggestion thread a few weeks ago.

The arc that unlocks the TFs should be a WST the week before the TF.

Offering double exp to complete those arc makes them a lot more enticing.

One nice that about the current situation. Recruiting for those locked TF when they the WST is really quick.

I filled most of my Katies in under 3 mins. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not supportive of this suggestion.

The climactic conclusion of the zone story arcs (Striga, Croatoa, Cimerora, and such) were developed with the idea that the player had gone through the story arcs preceeding it and would complete the final task force in culmination. Sure, if you've done the task force, or the story arcs dozens of times this might seem like a nice quality of life suggestion, but then what is the purpose of the preceeding story arcs if players can just play the task force?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I had a suggestion thread a few weeks ago.

The arc that unlocks the TFs should be a WST the week before the TF.

Offering double exp to complete those arc makes them a lot more enticing.

One nice that about the current situation. Recruiting for those locked TF when they the WST is really quick.

I filled most of my Katies in under 3 mins. 🙂

I like this.

I suppose you could either make the unlocks account wide, or they unlock if you do the TF.   (I'm kinda cold on it, and prefer KS's suggestion.

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

but then what is the purpose of the preceeding story arcs if players can just play the task force?

Because im fairly sure most people just dont care about stories and such.  I never had a group stop and/or slow down because the leader was reading contact text

Yeah... if ever I'm on a team, there is no contact, mission, or clue text going. it's just slamming the missions as fast as possible. So either I have to look up the TF/SF on the wiki to find out what happened or I go back and play through the arc alone to read the story.

I just solo the ones I can and leave the rest sit. I have a hard time finding people, when I have time to play, for a Task Force, myself included.

My current 47 Tank has Cavern Trial, Hess, Katie Hannon, ITF, and more Unlocked thru content, but undone.  Getting ready to start Soloing the Taskforces for Taskforce Commander soon, that's usually like watching Paint Dry, very wet paint, on a rainy, humid day, in Florida.......

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

17 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Because im fairly sure most people just dont care about stories and such.  I never had a group stop and/or slow down because the leader was reading contact text

I'm not moved by the anecdotal presumption you've stated. Whether players are moved by stories and such is irrelevant. The stories exist in the game and are part of an arc which culminates in a task force. Players can choose to do the story arcs and complete the task force or choose not to.

14 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm not moved by the anecdotal presumption you've stated. Whether players are moved by stories and such is irrelevant. The stories exist in the game and are part of an arc which culminates in a task force. Players can choose to do the story arcs and complete the task force or choose not to.

I guess another option would be to remove them from the WST pools and slash their rewards down to 5-10 merits to compensate and be in line with other story arcs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER

It is these WSTargets targets that urk me the most.

Numina, which is an trip through the issue 0 level 1-40 zones for nostalgia purposes to show you how far you have come and skippable followup missions.  we have alternate dimensions to help power this fucking crystal but here we are rubbing it against a -35 level corpse of  hellions.  I mean lex luthor would be fucking baffled holding the anti-life equation in his hands while we hold the anti-fun equation in our hands wtf moment that would become a 5 hour youtube essay on wtf even is this even a thing thing.

ON THE OTHER HAND

We have dr aeon.  a level 50 thing that not many levelers or people with alts that would run and only speedrun only.  it is there, an option, but kinda locks this week to being level 50 only after you read the next few enter keys

The locked behind 15-30 minutes of Ouro, Katie.

Yeah sure you can argue that 15-30 minutes is nothing, but, that time between all your alts adds up to unacceptable or unreasonable levels.  And if you do not want to do it you have to be at the mercy of others.

• Thanks 1