Indomitable Needs Your Help

Turric

57 minutes ago, Krimson said:

How exactly would you merge shards and keep bases and SGs intact? Is there even a method for this? 

I'm under the impression many things in the game are in the form of a database.

Bases and contents could be easier to deal with than duplicate names which could add wrinkle to supergroup rosters.

I'm not suggestion there is a silver bullet or any easy solution.

I don't want to lose any servers. Indom is my home and where my SG & storage is. That said, we are willing to be realistic and consider the possibility of some consolidation.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

fyi, some new stuff is on the way that'll boost numbers a bit. it's not all doom and gloom.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

As somebody who primarily solos, both in game and in life, I don't see what the problem is.
Perhaps we just change the reputation from The PVP server to the Soloist server?
I love Indom, I am more likely not to bump into other players. Perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, TheZag said:

Well if i could afford a super bowl ad then i could probably afford a favorable talk with NC as well 😛

Yes…. But since you are not Tony Starknor Bruce Wayne…….   

Now if you could just mind control people to start playing…. Wait, you are not Mother Mayhem either….

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, TheZag said:

Well if i could afford a super bowl ad then i could probably afford a favorable talk with NC as well 😛

A 30 second super bowl ad costs as much as intellectual property? I guess it’s possible. Sportball is dumb.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

A 30 second super bowl ad costs as much as intellectual property? I guess it’s possible. Sportball is dumb.

5 and a half million USD for 30 seconds.  If i could afford that i would just fund CoH myself for the next 50 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I mean, for me, there's only so many times I can do the same content over before I need a break. I used to be a regular at all that stuff. I participated in the first 11-in-an-hour Hami run. I did 3-4 MSRs per day for months. Run through every iTrial dozens of times. 

I still have metric tons of incarnate stuff on a couple alts. 

I mean, Blaze and Theodorre and the other leaders are awesome, and I had a lot of fun doing that stuff. But after killing my 10 millionth Rikti, it kind of loses its luster. I moved to Everlasting and now I spend most of the time RPing. I still do the odd raid or Trial when I feel like smashing stuff, but nowhere near like I used to.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Rextor said:

I mean, for me, there's only so many times I can do the same content over before I need a break. I used to be a regular at all that stuff. I participated in the first 11-in-an-hour Hami run. I did 3-4 MSRs per day for months. Run through every iTrial dozens of times. 

I still have metric tons of incarnate stuff on a couple alts. 

I mean, Blaze and Theodorre and the other leaders are awesome, and I had a lot of fun doing that stuff. But after killing my 10 millionth Rikti, it kind of loses its luster. I moved to Everlasting and now I spend most of the time RPing. I still do the odd raid or Trial when I feel like smashing stuff, but nowhere near like I used to.

Yeah.  That's what just about everyone I know has said, and it's true.  There's only so many times you can do Hamidon raids, mothership raids, BAFs, Lambdas, MoMs, Magi Trials, even Really Hard Way Magi Trials and Relentless ASFs.  Back when Homecoming first started in April 2019, I played with a group of over 40 people that I knew from live.  I mentioned about a year ago that there were only about six of us still regularly playing out of those 40+.  Now?  Two.  Two.  It just is what it is, with a rogue server with an unpaid volunteer development team.   People need continually fresh stuff to keep them interested in a game, and Homecoming simply can't provide that.  Heck, City of Heroes isn't even entirely compatible with my new computer.  For the past three months, I've had to reset and redo all of my graphics settings each and every time I play.

I'm starting to split my free time playing City of Heroes with another MMOG myself, simply because I really miss playing with some of my good friends I played CoH with two or three years ago.  I hoped that they would eventually return, but it's become clear that they won't.

Do you think PUGs are the worst way to experience the game?

Do you have at least 2 other regular Homecoming friends?

Do you like occasional league events with semi-competent leadership? (e.g. Hami, Holiday Events, iTrials, MSR, Zone Events)

Do you have BOTH low bullshit tolerance and generation levels?

Bonus culture fit points if you're a farmer and/or have at least 20 finished characters.

You and your 2 or more friends should switch to Indom. We will leave you the heck alone. Just ask if you want anything. Oh, and we have good character name availability.

Please also enjoy your RP servers and your PUG 24/7 servers! Indom is not that server.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2022 at 2:40 PM, Krimson said:

Homecoming is already in a death spiral. The Exodus from Indom to Excelsior is one of the signs of that. Yes, eventually it will be pointless to have five server. At this point, it might even be pointless to have two. But I would have to hear from the HC team itself about how to handle SGs and bases. Just based on the time elapsed from January, population has taken a hit it will not recover from. Even the regulars on Discord are rarely in game.

A lot of this is perception. Population is definitely lower than it was over the winter but it isn't that much lower. This thread has been at least part of the reason I'm starting to track player numbers though, especially since we haven't had a statistics update in over two years. I just need a good way to automate the data collection and publish it so I'm not having to manually check and input data every week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

42 minutes ago, macskull said:

A lot of this is perception. Population is definitely lower than it was over the winter but it isn't that much lower. This thread has been at least part of the reason I'm starting to track player numbers though, especially since we haven't had a statistics update in over two years. I just need a good way to automate the data collection and publish it so I'm not having to manually check and input data every week.

Are the player totals files that are posted on discord PowerPoint, pdf, or screenshots? If it's text based, it would be easier for sure. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

22 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Are the player totals files that are posted on discord PowerPoint, pdf, or screenshots? If it's text based, it would be easier for sure. 

None that are publicly available. The Discord graphs are useful for 24-hour and 7-day trends, but don't give any historical long-term data. It is interesting to watch though. Right now I'm just manually inputting data from the server status page's population numbers into a spreadsheet, which automatically updates the graph in my signature. It wouldn't be too hard (I assume) for someone to write a script which scrapes the numbers from the HTML and then saves them somewhere, but what little programming knowledge I had is 15 years old and that's beyond my abilities these days.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 minute ago, Mike Morbid said:

I've made a ma/regen brute called Knighthunter on Indom, will start leveling him up today.

Welcome to the party!

FYI the best teams on indom are the teams I am on. 😀

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

On 3/26/2022 at 11:56 AM, roleki said:

If that's the case, the remaining devs should consider consolidating the shards while they still have enough bandwidth to attempt it and the community is still large enough to survive the exodus of the butthurt.  I imagine that consolidation would also prevent casual players from wandering into the wastelands and wrongly assuming the game is abandoned, and, having less shards to pay for would make it easier for the remaining players to meet the monthly donation goals.

ETA: I mean, I routinely run into more players in AP on Brainstorm than I do on Indom.  That's not great.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:29 PM, roleki said:

Annnd that's why I said the devs should consider consolidating the shards while they still have enough bandwidth to attempt it.  Any idiot can shut off a server, or, log onto one for that matter.

Annnd highlighted here we see decent examples of why the population count diminishes.

To be quite honest? This is generally the kind of attitude/vibe which has driven me off of Homecoming. And from one of the more populated shards, even.

It only takes one to ruin a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

14 hours ago, Bleuception said:

Annnd highlighted here we see decent examples of why the population count diminishes.

To be quite honest? This is generally the kind of attitude/vibe which has driven me off of Homecoming. And from one of the more populated shards, even.

It only takes one to ruin a good thing.

Using one person's opinion and generalizing a whole community based on that opinion? 

• Thanks 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 4/2/2022 at 3:46 AM, Mike Morbid said:

Are there any character types that Indom is particularly in need of?

Melee heavy teams seem more likely than heavy support ones, but I say this as someone who plays on Excel. I wonder as the population goes lower if more and more people won't seek out more solo friendly builds. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

29 minutes ago, Krimson said:

The Forums and game itself have a perfectly functional ignore feature. I doubt people would leave over forum comments. People are leaving because other games exist, and as time goes on, even more games come into existence. 

Wait what!? There are other games out there!? Since when?!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

Just now, Krimson said:

I'd suggest playing Homecoming Discord: The Drinking Game, by looking at all the names on the Discord, and then take a shot whenever you see "ELDEN RING" underneath a name... but... you would die.

Challenge accepted.

• Haha 3