Indomitable Needs Your Help

Turric

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Just imagine city but with 1000x more people

Where weirdly the expected path (at least in a lot of them) is you solo most of the time (WoW for example). 

Some have something like "one off" missions you randomly join, do and then never see folk again, like STO and their Task Force Operations. Others like Guild Wars 2 have map events you can stumble across and join in on but I've never played one like CoH where teaming tends to be more the norm even on "normal" story content. 

On 3/26/2022 at 11:52 PM, Sakai said:

The most recent dip seems to have coincided with the release of Elden Ring. Everyone i know is playing it. 

They will be back. 

Was just about to say this. As the year goes on there has been a shit ton of excellent other entertainment coming out. Elden Ring being primary amongst them. There is just so much other non-mmo stuff to do. Also keep in mind that there was Lost Ark, and the FFXIV post expansion raids right before Elden Ring. There is just too much to do right now to expect any game to keep its pop up forever. (And now also Fortnite no build is skyrocketing in popularity).

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Ukase said:

I did show up for a hami raid. And you guys did one run. I waited 35 minutes to get the minimum 24 and only one run. Not the three I was expecting. 

You completely missed the point.  One, this is not about you, it's about the team.  Two, it's a process.  IF you show every event, IF you have your people show, every event, then in short order we'll be back to doing 4 runs a day.  It's not gonna happen overnight.  If you WANT it to happen, you're gonna have to work at it.  There simply is no better source of merits in the game then Hami.  If you're content with the hit-or-miss of WSTs, then good on you.  If, on the other hand, you want to make big piles of merits fast, like 1k a week fast, then you're gonna have to step up.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:53 AM, Mike Morbid said:

Anyone want to get together with shiny new heroes/heroines on Indom this evening, perhaps 6 Eastern?

How did this actually go?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I post on forums very rarely but this topic is about my home server on HC so I feel compelled to say something about Indomitable server's current predicament.

I currently lead the weekday Hamidon raids on Indomitable.  My toon for leading the raid is Blighted Maiden, a Dark/Rad/Leviathan Blaster.  I had been playing in the early days of Homecoming when Indomitable was as populous as Excelsior and server activity was bountiful.  I played for a good 6 months before real life got in the way and I had to give up playing for a while.  I come back nearly two years later to find the server was a shell of its former self in activity and I wanted to help reverse that trend.

When I became raid leader I took a couple steps to help eliminate some confusion people were having about the raid.  The previous posted time was 7-9pm Eastern, which is bad because it meant having a set of people show up at 7 and then a different group of people show up at 8 or even 8 30, which is bad because the people who come early get tired of waiting and leave, which had meant the raid wouldn't meet the minimum number to start, and would more likely be called off.  I chose to combat this by standardizing the start time to 8pm Eastern, with recruitment starting at 7 30 sharp.  Despite that, I typically don't call for monster hunting to begin until closer to 8 30, because that is usually how long I have to wait until I have enough participants to begin.

The second step I took was to organize the raid the best I can.  I got to know and became friends with the dedicated raider base on the server and learn their strengths so I could place them in the best positions to make the raid a success for regulars and new raiders alike.  Indomitable has a Very Strong, albeit small raiding base (about 10-12 regulars).  For example, last night in our 2nd round of the Hamidon raid the Melee team only had 3 people on it, and was still successful in clearing yellows.  Where as other servers typically clear the raid with full leagues, we clear it with as few as 16 players.  Does it take longer? Sure it does.  With smaller leagues (especially ones with new comers) I try to minimize the risk of failure as much as I can, because nothing drives a new raider away from coming back than waiting 30-60 minutes to raid and then walk away with no reward.  If this means calling for a 3 step raid, then so be it.  I advertise a 80 merit reward for your time, I'm going to do my best to make sure you get it.  I call for 24 people to start, because that is the minimum I feel absolutely sure we can complete the raid in 2 steps.  Anything less means I need to make a judgement call during the first damage phase to 75% to see if it the damage is enough to finish in 2 steps.

We want more people to participate though, so we can help regrow the server.  Today's raiding league can be tomorrow's WST team, or I trial, or even a new super group.  My long term goal is to utilize the game's most teamwork intensive event to help the server come together and promote more group activities.  I also regularly advertise for Adamastor before the raid as a warm up and to score some fast merits.  So I humbly ask, whether you are a native Indom player or make your home on one of the other servers, please give our raid a shot.  It is a unique experience.

I would like to address one point of criticism that I find frustrating:

15 hours ago, Ukase said:

I did show up for a hami raid. And you guys did one run. I waited 35 minutes to get the minimum 24 and only one run. Not the three I was expecting. 

I get it. Waiting sucks.  I do so for nearly an hour every day I lead the raid. However, if I had just 4 or 5 more people that could put up with the (~30) minute or so wait, it would cease to be a wait that long, because I would then have enough people to more reliably start on time.  The more reliably I can start the raid on time, the more rounds of raiding we can attempt until we can get  back up to 3 rounds per raid.  However, if you just choose to bail because you didn't want to wait, then you're contributing more to the problem than the solution.  That kind of attitude just isn't constructive toward growing the raid.  Now far be it for me to demand people what to do.  If want to leave that is fine, you do what you want, just don't be a detriment to those that want to contribute.  I know this isn't Excelsior or Everlasting, but we're working hard toward rebuilding to something similar.  One person said earlier in this thread that it only takes one bad person to bring an activity down (paraphrasing).  Well I believe the opposite is more true, in that one good person to make an activity even better, and I believe I have proved that.  Just ask the regulars.

TL;DR:  I've done my best so far to make the raid more organized and accessible on Indom.  You may have to wait a bit, or even a while,  but I ask that you please have some patience.  Rome wasn't built in a day. I firmly believe that by rebuilding the raid base other server activities will rise as a result.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

37 minutes ago, Mike Morbid said:

It seems there was very little interest.

I ask as I ran a newbie to 5 there during lunch so around an hour of playtime. I only saw one person post in LFG. They were doing a Citadel and even mentioned they would do it solo if need be. I'll continue to poke around, but I made sure the name I got is on Excel which is where I normally play. It is a backup server for me, and I'm busy with alts on my main server so committing to anything outside of that is difficult, but for now I'll play on occasion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

2 hours ago, Indigo Blade said:

I post on forums very rarely but this topic is about my home server on HC so I feel compelled to say something about Indomitable server's current predicament.

I currently lead the weekday Hamidon raids on Indomitable.  My toon for leading the raid is Blighted Maiden, a Dark/Rad/Leviathan Blaster.  I had been playing in the early days of Homecoming when Indomitable was as populous as Excelsior and server activity was bountiful.  I played for a good 6 months before real life got in the way and I had to give up playing for a while.  I come back nearly two years later to find the server was a shell of its former self in activity and I wanted to help reverse that trend.

When I became raid leader I took a couple steps to help eliminate some confusion people were having about the raid.  The previous posted time was 7-9pm Eastern, which is bad because it meant having a set of people show up at 7 and then a different group of people show up at 8 or even 8 30, which is bad because the people who come early get tired of waiting and leave, which had meant the raid wouldn't meet the minimum number to start, and would more likely be called off.  I chose to combat this by standardizing the start time to 8pm Eastern, with recruitment starting at 7 30 sharp.  Despite that, I typically don't call for monster hunting to begin until closer to 8 30, because that is usually how long I have to wait until I have enough participants to begin.

The second step I took was to organize the raid the best I can.  I got to know and became friends with the dedicated raider base on the server and learn their strengths so I could place them in the best positions to make the raid a success for regulars and new raiders alike.  Indomitable has a Very Strong, albeit small raiding base (about 10-12 regulars).  For example, last night in our 2nd round of the Hamidon raid the Melee team only had 3 people on it, and was still successful in clearing yellows.  Where as other servers typically clear the raid with full leagues, we clear it with as few as 16 players.  Does it take longer? Sure it does.  With smaller leagues (especially ones with new comers) I try to minimize the risk of failure as much as I can, because nothing drives a new raider away from coming back than waiting 30-60 minutes to raid and then walk away with no reward.  If this means calling for a 3 step raid, then so be it.  I advertise a 80 merit reward for your time, I'm going to do my best to make sure you get it.  I call for 24 people to start, because that is the minimum I feel absolutely sure we can complete the raid in 2 steps.  Anything less means I need to make a judgement call during the first damage phase to 75% to see if it the damage is enough to finish in 2 steps.

We want more people to participate though, so we can help regrow the server.  Today's raiding league can be tomorrow's WST team, or I trial, or even a new super group.  My long term goal is to utilize the game's most teamwork intensive event to help the server come together and promote more group activities.  I also regularly advertise for Adamastor before the raid as a warm up and to score some fast merits.  So I humbly ask, whether you are a native Indom player or make your home on one of the other servers, please give our raid a shot.  It is a unique experience.

I would like to address one point of criticism that I find frustrating:

I get it. Waiting sucks.  I do so for nearly an hour every day I lead the raid. However, if I had just 4 or 5 more people that could put up with the (~30) minute or so wait, it would cease to be a wait that long, because I would then have enough people to more reliably start on time.  The more reliably I can start the raid on time, the more rounds of raiding we can attempt until we can get  back up to 3 rounds per raid.  However, if you just choose to bail because you didn't want to wait, then you're contributing more to the problem than the solution.  That kind of attitude just isn't constructive toward growing the raid.  Now far be it for me to demand people what to do.  If want to leave that is fine, you do what you want, just don't be a detriment to those that want to contribute.  I know this isn't Excelsior or Everlasting, but we're working hard toward rebuilding to something similar.  One person said earlier in this thread that it only takes one bad person to bring an activity down (paraphrasing).  Well I believe the opposite is more true, in that one good person to make an activity even better, and I believe I have proved that.  Just ask the regulars.

TL;DR:  I've done my best so far to make the raid more organized and accessible on Indom.  You may have to wait a bit, or even a while,  but I ask that you please have some patience.  Rome wasn't built in a day. I firmly believe that by rebuilding the raid base other server activities will rise as a result.

I will say I appreciate all of your effort with this. I try to participate whenever I can. Keep in mind there is a large portion of the population in Indom that avoid Hami because of one person. We all know who that one person is. A lot of drama went down and it made a lot of people very angry, and thus the idea of HAMI became a bit repellent. There are more than enough people on Indom to run HAMI multiple times a night, just need to find a way to overcome the resistance to it. 

Outside of Hami I can say that GOAT does our best to run Task Force Tuesday  and Farming Friday every week. They are both fairly popular. On top of this we try to remain as helpful and courteous as possible to everyone on the server. I know a few there including myself that are doing our best to keep the players Indom currently has and grow the “new player” base. 

The “unofficial PvP” (and all that may imply) combined with its low population make the server fairly repellent. Even though a lot of the PvPers left for excelsior because there are more victims players there. 😛  

More community events outside of Hami will certainly help grow the player base as well as raising awareness on the forums like this thread is doing. The players on Indom are some of the best I’ve ever played with and I am sure a lot of Indom would agree. We have a strong and passionate core player base and are far more laid back than I think people realize. So, I invite anyone to come on over and join us, have some fun, have a lot of laughs, and maybe… just maybe… there will be cake.

Edited by Marbing
fixed spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

Well, I just checked in Atlas and the closest person to my level in Atlas was still 10 levels above me. This being at 6:30pm Eastern. I solo a lot and even did so for one character red side, but that's incredibly vacant.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I ask as I ran a newbie to 5 there during lunch so around an hour of playtime. I only saw one person post in LFG. They were doing a Citadel and even mentioned they would do it solo if need be. I'll continue to poke around, but I made sure the name I got is on Excel which is where I normally play. It is a backup server for me, and I'm busy with alts on my main server so committing to anything outside of that is difficult, but for now I'll play on occasion.

What archetype are you playing? Just in case we meet up, I'll make up a character that fits with it.

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

TA/ice. My globals are @Without Pause(main) and @Firework. Wednesday is the only more sane evening time I get since my wife works late that day. If she's home, it is more 10pm Eastern. I just popped in again as I'm waiting on food and getting my startup money rolling. 4 players in Atlas. Level 44, 50, 50, and me at 5. Lordy. I can see transferring my Spines/fire as they have been retired in favor of a Rad/fire so I can dual box some characters to a more reasonable level, but I would prefer not to.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

6 hours ago, Indigo Blade said:

In case you revisit the forums, or even if you don't - everyone should be aware it's clear you know what you're doing. The raid's lack of ability to draw people has more to do with the server itself simply not having the population to fill the raid as quickly as it could, and well, should. 

In no way should anyone make the mistake that I implied there was any lack of skill or ability. Just a lack of people. 

15 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

TA/ice. My globals are @Without Pause(main) and @Firework. Wednesday is the only more sane evening time I get since my wife works late that day. If she's home, it is more 10pm Eastern. I just popped in again as I'm waiting on food and getting my startup money rolling. 4 players in Atlas. Level 44, 50, 50, and me at 5. Lordy. I can see transferring my Spines/fire as they have been retired in favor of a Rad/fire so I can dual box some characters to a more reasonable level, but I would prefer not to.

I'm also on Saturdays until about 2pm when the wife gets home. Yes, I do play when the wife gets home, but unless she's taking a nap or has something she needs to do, I would rather hang with her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I'm also on Saturdays until about 2pm when the wife gets home. Yes, I do play when the wife gets home, but unless she's taking a nap or has something she needs to do, I would rather hang with her. 

What? You spend time with loved ones when Paragon City needs to be saved? For shame!

I'll get a character ready for Saturday. I'm thinking a tanker, savage melee/electric armour.

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

1 hour ago, Mike Morbid said:

I'll get a character ready for Saturday. I'm thinking a tanker, savage melee/electric armour.

That's honestly better on a Brute although it is AoE heavy enough with the Tank caps it won't exactly be bad there either. Brutes just fuel the DoT of both sets.

I don't have to but aiming for the character to be self sufficient. I already have some converters via Merits, and will have already flipped some Def IOs by then. If lacking Merits, I've just been spamming level 50 common IO recipes. Once TFs and the weekly ones happen, I'll be on cruise control.

I would say I made an SG, but I saw I messed up the name, so I will recreate it. I'll mimic what I do for my own SG. Zones are grouped by level. There's 4 porters for heroes and one for co-op. Red side can be one if need be. If you or anyone else wishes to make their own, that's fine. We can coalition.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I was originally thinking brute or scrapper, but there seem to be many characters out there focusing on damage. I figure I'd be more useful with something that has an easier time getting aggro and then surviving the onslaught.

Scrappers don't Crit from their damage auras or Savage's DoTs. Scrappers having a lower Res cap would also be a point against it. A Brute or Tank is fine.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:52 AM, Gunrunner said:

One, this is not about you, it's about the team.

This is a great platitude and all but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Almost every player who shows up to a Hami raid is there for the rewards table at the end (some are probably there for a badge or two, and the odd one or two players might just be there because they're bored), and if they can get the same exact rewards in less time with less standing around on another server that's what most people will do. "Someone has to step up," you say, and this is true - but once you lose that critical mass of players to keep large events like this rolling on a regular basis it becomes harder and harder for anyone to do anything about it.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

6 minutes ago, macskull said:

This is a great platitude and all but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Almost every player who shows up to a Hami raid is there for the rewards table at the end (some are probably there for a badge or two, and the odd one or two players might just be there because they're bored), and if they can get the same exact rewards in less time with less standing around on another server that's what most people will do. "Someone has to step up," you say, and this is true - but once you lose that critical mass of players to keep large events like this rolling on a regular basis it becomes harder and harder for anyone to do anything about it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I've logged in to see Abyss Hami forming on Excelsior, logged out, then logged in an hour later to see the same Abyss Hami STILL forming. To this day, I have no idea why people run it there. 

The Abyss is the only hami zone available to villains, they can't enter the Hive. So if you wanted to be able to get the max number of people you would hold it there. The down side to the Abyss is the giant monster hunt is harder because the GM's are spread out and not clustered together like the Hive.

The only raid I know of on Excelsior run in the Abyss is Confusion? raids run on some days around 6-6:30pm ish. That raid tends to fill pretty fast when it's run, so not sure about the raid you are talking about unless someone else was trying to run one there.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)