VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

D'oh! That'd do it. I definitely had them downloaded originally, but must've inadvertantly deleted or replaced the folders when trying to update the MoreMaps bundle to see the new PvP zone badges. My bad! Thank you for the response!

4 hours ago, Goat said:

D'oh! That'd do it. I definitely had them downloaded originally, but must've inadvertantly deleted or replaced the folders when trying to update the MoreMaps bundle to see the new PvP zone badges. My bad! Thank you for the response!

And always remember to install the Original maps before the updates or you'll get weirdness. Might also be worth it do delete the existing files in the /Data folder, but that can be complicated if you have other add-ons installed.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

I have vidiot. I have had. Now, though, I have no in-game overlay despite the installation, and fresh installation over and over. I'm not sure where to ask for this !help, but it's making no sense to me.

Map is c:>city of heroes>moremaps4u

Within this is data, then texture library, and in that are GUI, maps, and v-maps

I can keep unfolding it for you, but nothing. No map overlay in game, and this hasn't been the case until about 2 weeks ago, and I've been back in the game for months with everything working as intended.

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

10 hours ago, Blue Jay said:

I have vidiot. I have had. Now, though, I have no in-game overlay despite the installation, and fresh installation over and over. I'm not sure where to ask for this !help, but it's making no sense to me.

Map is c:>city of heroes>moremaps4u

Within this is data, then texture library, and in that are GUI, maps, and v-maps

I can keep unfolding it for you, but nothing. No map overlay in game, and this hasn't been the case until about 2 weeks ago, and I've been back in the game for months with everything working as intended.

If I'm reading this correctly, then your issue is where they're being saved then.

Lets use this file structure for example:  c:\games\coh\Tequila    <---Root Game Folder

So with the structure I've listed above, then your data folder should be like this:  c:\games\coh\Tequila\data

When you install the vidiot it should be pointing to the Root Game Folder as it will automatically create the data folder inside that. Once that's installed, then you simply drag the moremaps4u's data folder into the Root folder, tell it to merge/overwrite, and you've completed the task.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On 11/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, WanderingAries said:

If I'm reading this correctly, then your issue is where they're being saved then.

Lets use this file structure for example:  c:\games\coh\Tequila    <---Root Game Folder

So with the structure I've listed above, then your data folder should be like this:  c:\games\coh\Tequila\data

When you install the vidiot it should be pointing to the Root Game Folder as it will automatically create the data folder inside that. Once that's installed, then you simply drag the moremaps4u's data folder into the Root folder, tell it to merge/overwrite, and you've completed the task.

I've got the fix now, and what it looks like for me is different. My path is C:City of Heroes:Vidiot Maps (this is the part I was missing) and another is C:City of Heroes:moremaps4u TYVM

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

• 1 month later

If this has been corrected and I missed it then I apologize, but there's a History plaque in Boomtown that's shown in the incorrect location, it's actually about 100-200' north of the indicated spot.  I forget offhand which one it is but it's in the central portion of the map.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, Call Me Awesome said:

If this has been corrected and I missed it then I apologize, but there's a History plaque in Boomtown that's shown in the incorrect location, it's actually about 100-200' north of the indicated spot.  I forget offhand which one it is but it's in the central portion of the map.

Without any further details I can't be certain, but I'd bet the problem you have was corrected with the original update to the map pack. Make sure you've got the MoreMaps files added correctly into the same spots as the original map pack. (BTW, everything looks fine on my system when in-game.)

May 24, 2014

• map_hazard_02_01 (Boomtown) - Updated base map image and mob level info, added Goliath War Walker spawn, and adjusted history plaque locations

22 hours ago, Blondeshell said:

Without any further details I can't be certain, but I'd bet the problem you have was corrected with the original update to the map pack. Make sure you've got the MoreMaps files added correctly into the same spots as the original map pack. (BTW, everything looks fine on my system when in-game.)

I'll check next time I'm in game; I may very well have an older version.  The plaque is on the east side of a tall retaining wall almost due north of the zone gate in the central area of the zone.  The actual location is about 200' or so north of the indicated location.

As I said I could well have an older version of the map, I don't recall when I downloaded it but likely shortly after Homecoming launched.  It does look from the patch note like that's likely the case.

Edited by Call Me Awesome

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:58 PM, Call Me Awesome said:

I'll check next time I'm in game; I may very well have an older version.  The plaque is on the east side of a tall retaining wall almost due north of the zone gate in the central area of the zone.  The actual location is about 200' or so north of the indicated location.

As I said I could well have an older version of the map, I don't recall when I downloaded it but likely shortly after Homecoming launched.  It does look from the patch note like that's likely the case.

If possible, make notes about which marker it is according to the map legend, and also the text that is on the plaque. That way it can be cross-referenced with Paragon Wiki. (While the plaque locations have moved from what is recorded on Paragon Wiki, the same plaques are still in the zone.)

22 hours ago, Blondeshell said:

If possible, make notes about which marker it is according to the map legend, and also the text that is on the plaque. That way it can be cross-referenced with Paragon Wiki. (While the plaque locations have moved from what is recorded on Paragon Wiki, the same plaques are still in the zone.)

Ok, it's listed as #5 in Boomtown for the Scholar badge, the text is:

It was here that the Back Alley Brawler arrested Harry Frost for the second time. Frost was peddling a strange substance to a group of street thugs. After a lengthy court battle, the charges stuck. It seemed that the War on Drugs had achieved a critical victory.

The listed location on my Vidotmaps is roughly 90 yds south of the actual location.  Listed location is -1668.0 32.5 4753.2.  Actual location is -1668.2 0.0 4520.8.  Sorry, my memory earlier was incorrect, it's 378 yards from the zone gate almost due north.

Edit

And after loading the "more maps" file I see it's correct there, it was incorrect on the old Vidiotmaps overlay.

Edited by Call Me Awesome

Spoiler

7 hours ago, JewCandy said:

what is the root Tequila directory?what does it look like?

The folder that has the tequila files...if you look at the shortcut for tequila, then it will show you the path for the folder.

• Thanks 1

will you be updating these maps? a lot of the zones are missing exploration badge markers. talos island, and striga island are good examples of this. i had to rely on paragonwiki videomaps to find the badge location. i apologize. i just realized i loaded the videomaps wrong. please forgive me for my blunder.

Edited by thayne

10 hours ago, thayne said:

i apologize. i just realized i loaded the videomaps wrong. please forgive me for my blunder.

Nope, the punishment must be made. Now go do 50 laps around the hollows SK'd down to L5, no travel powers, in 1st person, and singing "I'm hennery the 8th I am" on repeat. Also, we must have video proof with commentary!

Edited by WanderingAries

for people who never had this:

could you maybe create a consolidated file and MUCH more importantly give a step by step guide as to where to install what?

much obliged.

nevermind saw a video exist from here:

Edited by Demagogue
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demagogue said:

for people who never had this:

could you maybe create a consolidated file and MUCH more importantly give a step by step guide as to where to install what?

much obliged.

nevermind saw a video exist from here:

He made that harder than it should have been. If you click the bar at the top of the folder he opened, single clicked, right click to copy the folder path, and then pasted that into Vidiots, then he wouldn't had to have questioned where it was. Also, you can get the path in the properties window of that shortcut. From there you can copy the path as well.

I was shown a badge in Cimerora that does not show up on my Vidiots map.  It's called "Battle Hardened" and it's located directly above the gates to the city on the very top of the wall.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

I was shown a badge in Cimerora that does not show up on my Vidiots map.  It's called "Battle Hardened" and it's located directly above the gates to the city on the very top of the wall.

That badge was added to the MoreMaps collection a while back:

December 27, 2017

• map_city_03_04 (Cimerora) - Added Battle Hardened badge

Double-check to make sure you have that collection installed in the proper location.

• Like 1

I got the "newer" maps by following directions in the video above, but I still don't have the Battle Hardened marker.  Also, the neighborhood markers in Dark Astoria are no longer interactive.

How do I uninstall the maps I installed from teh video above?  Is there a reasonably simple way to get the latest maps?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

4 hours ago, Display Name said:

I got the "newer" maps by following directions in the video above, but I still don't have the Battle Hardened marker.  Also, the neighborhood markers in Dark Astoria are no longer interactive.

How do I uninstall the maps I installed from teh video above?  Is there a reasonably simple way to get the latest maps?

Delete the /data folder (always safe to delete, but if you have other add-ons they'll get wiped as well) any time you wish. Make SURE to install the original maps first and Then the new ones or things won't look right / be up to date (as of i24).

• 3 weeks later

I thought I would share this experience of mine. 

When the game shut down...I'm really not remembering what I did - whether I deleted the game, or maybe I got a new hard drive and didn't port it over. Then, on The Titan Network, Paragon Chat came about and I may have downloaded the game from there - and it went into my downloads - but there was never any file structure to it - just all the files dumped in a mess. I had Vidiot Maps from issue 23 already on. But when the new patch came out, I just couldn't get it to work, because despite my best efforts at creating folders - the game installation was just a mess. It was clear to me that if I were going to finally update the patch for vidiotmaps, I'd have to uninstall and reinstall the game. So I did. 

I share all that because from what I've read, I wasn't the only person whose files were in a mess. So - the good news is - it only took about an hour to download. I had been putting it off, because I was thinking it would take 12 hours or something. 

So, if you've got decent internet, and you've been putting it off - just reinstall the game from homecoming, following the instructions they give, and then you can more simply follow the instructions for adding the new patch. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

@Blondeshell awesome work to have revived this, always found it useful on Legacy and even more so now. 🙂

The Doorman in Underground Imperial City does not appear to be on the map, near the doors leading to First Ward.

LOC: -1725.8 336.0 1363.8

The wiki loc is way off at (-1727, 3367, 413597), they seemed to have missed a couple of decimal points and fat-fingered a 4 in there.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.