Observations on multi page threads or the sandbox theorem

The_Warpact

I've noticed a long standing trend that the longer a discussion carries out the more likely it devolves into a popcorn worthy splatterhouse of cringe worthy response, raw nerves, and other flavourful tidbits.

I equate this to a sandbox, one in which we have been in for awhile all happily playing. At the beginning constructing nice things and then someone notices that @Snarky (why not as some of you can attest) has been hogging the Tonka dump truck and ruining things, well this starts off a tirade.

Then pretty soon we get sub things going on like @arcane not sharing the G.I. Joe's, and @InvaderStych just isn't having that so more stuff ensues and there's squabbling.

Pretty soon @PeregrineFalcon runs through the sandbox in his cowboy outfit kicking everything out of the way which sets off people because they don't like cowboys.

Meanwhile, @Luminara has been quietly making mud pies but she's starting to get pissy at the dumb boys and says something truly profound and relevant but, nobody listens to her because girls are ooky.

Finally, silence reigns because, there is an odd sound and over in the corner is Snarky pissing in the sandbox because at this point he's going for scorched earth. This starts off a screaming match and either someone ran to tell a big kid(snitches get stitches remember that) or they can hear the ruckus.

So one of the big kids come over from the swing set like GM Impervium to settle the lil shits down. 

Well they get quiet and listen attentively to the big kid, who as soon he walks away all the kids flick him off.

And then someone mentions G.I. Joe wanting to pvp the Easy Bake Oven and now shit gets real and pretty soon the big kids(plural now) have to come in and kick everyone out of the sandbox.

I think that sums up of how I view our microcosm world that we dwell in aka the HC forums.

Edited by The_Warpact
Learn 2 spell
  • Haha 11

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Elaborate plz for the deficient who like to press questionable Mid links.

Forty-two is the answer to the ultimate question. (Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy)  

Also pop back over to that mids mobile joke thread if you havent read the rest of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, TheZag said:

Forty-two is the answer to the ultimate question. (Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy)  

Also pop back over to that mids mobile joke thread if you havent read the rest of it.

Shit thats right..gah my nerd powers are fading.

No I have burnt that thread to the ground.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

7 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Meanwhile, @Luminara has been quietly making mud pieces but she's starting to get pissy at the dumb boys and says something truly profound and relevant but, nobody listens to her because girls are ooky.

It's not mud, it's uranium ore beneficiated via froth flotation that I'm attempting to refine manually since no-one will let me use a gas centrifuge.  I'm making a boom-boom.  I'd already be finished, but teacher keeps taking away my uranium hexafluoride and telling me not to blowedy uppy anyone's head.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 minutes ago, Luminara said:

It's not mud, it's uranium ore beneficiated via froth flotation that I'm attempting to refine manually since no-one will let me use a gas centrifuge.  I'm making a boom-boom.  I'd already be finished, but teacher keeps taking away my uranium hexafluoride and telling me not to blowedy uppy anyone's head.

Sure sure making stink bombs again got it.

• Haha 1

I'm a cowboy, baby.

• Like 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

25 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Sad I didn't make the cut, then again I'd just be drinking a beer at the baseball game next to the playground as I take bets on the little league game playing.

Oh well maybe this one will get the pleasure of spiraling out of control over the next few pages too.

I only used the names of the people I have the most interaction with on a humorous basis or the most interaction with or who I find strangely annoying at times (yeah you @Snarky ya fooking emo twinkle toes "vampire").

But don't worry you're on another list as is @oedipus_tex, @Neiska, @Mezmera, and others.

I try not to use the people that I'm friends with who shall not be named I'm an odd friend, I watch them from afar but I'll be there if they need me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Begun, the Sandbox Wars, we have.

0*83uAR-IMrmcYSBpq

You sirrah have placed yourself on my radar and for that you have won the forums for today. Congratulations your no prize is in the mail!

28 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I only used the names of the people I have the most interaction with on a humorous basis or the most interaction with or who I find strangely annoying at times (yeah you @Snarky ya fooking emo twinkle toes "vampire").

But don't worry you're on another list as is @oedipus_tex, @Neiska, @Mezmera, and others.

I try not to use the people that I'm friends with who shall not be named I'm an odd friend, I watch them from afar but I'll be there if they need me. 

I have been summoned and find myself disappointed at the lack of cookies or chocolate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, @The_Warpact isn't wrong here. 😄

There are many versions of Stych and you all, for better or worse, are subjected to most of them. Sorry, Not Sorry.  No, wait, I apologize. Nah, no I don't. YES YOU DO!!! Damn, you're right, we do.

SurrealistStych just wants to drop some, often non-sequitur, memes to lighten the mood.

SelfRightousIndignationStych (I try to keep this one on a leash, but it's a strong mofo that often escapes) just isn't in the mood for anyone's shit. Like Ever.

WouldBeNoblePaladinStych, SRIStych's more productive cousin doesn't speak often, but when he does the point is usually tainted by the noise from the rest of us, rendering his effort moot.

ActuallyDoesPlayTheGameStych just wants to help out and answer player's questions, discuss random ideas, and in general post for the love of The Cities.

BatShitCrazyStych, too often the dominate one of late, is completely unpredictable, loves chaos, and kinda just wants to watch the world burn.

MusicAfficionadoStych stays down in the Son Of Jukebox Thread and just drops tunes, mostly from artists who deserve more exposure than they are getting.  He's an unashamed HipsterMusicSnob and his music collection is "cooler" than yours.

DefinitelyNotSafeForWorkStych knows better than to come anywhere near The Sandbox and stays as far away as possible. This Stych is on indefinite vacation for [REASONS].

MemoryLossStych is trying to recall if he's entertained @The_Warpact, annoyed them, or both but has consumed far too many drogas in his misbegotten lifetime recall offhand.

LazyAssStych isn't going to bother searching through threads looking for instances of the above.

GetYourShitTogetherStych-Stych really wishes that the rest of the Stych's would sit down, shut up, close forums, and get the fuck back to work.

FrustratedAuthorStych thinks the rest of us should go away for a while so we can write in peace and quiet because there are some narrative/writing prompt threads to which he's been meaning to contribute. GYSTS-S keeps reminding this one that The Sandbox is too full of distractions for such things, but FAS doesn't listen and keep staring at the empty loose-leaf in frustration.

Y'all can figure out for yourselves which of me is posting at any given point, because Stych sure as hell cannot most of the time.

😉

• Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

3 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

I mean, @The_Warpact isn't wrong here. 😄

There are many versions of Stych and you all, for better or worse, are subjected to most of them. Sorry, Not Sorry.  No, wait, I apologize. Nah, no I don't. YES YOU DO!!! Damn, you're right, we do.

SurrealistStych just wants to drop some, often non-sequitur, memes to lighten the mood.

SelfRightousIndignationStych (I try to keep this one on a leash, but it's a strong mofo that often escapes) just isn't in the mood for anyone's shit. Like Ever.

WouldBeNoblePaladinStych, SRIStych's more productive cousin doesn't speak often, but when he does the point is usually tainted by the noise from the rest of us, rendering his effort moot.

ActuallyDoesPlayTheGameStych just wants to help out and answer player's questions, discuss random ideas, and in general post for the love of The Cities.

BatShitCrazyStych, too often the dominate one of late, is completely unpredictable, loves chaos, and kinda just wants to watch the world burn.

MusicAfficionadoStych stays down in the Son Of Jukebox Thread and just drops tunes, mostly from artists who deserve more exposure than they are getting.  He's an unashamed HipsterMusicSnob and his music collection is "cooler" than yours.

DefinitelyNotSafeForWorkStych knows better than to come anywhere near The Sandbox and stays as far away as possible. This Stych is on indefinite vacation for [REASONS].

MemoryLossStych is trying to recall if he's entertained @The_Warpact, annoyed them, or both but has consumed far too many drogas in his misbegotten lifetime recall offhand.

LazyAssStych isn't going to bother searching through threads looking for instances of the above.

GetYourShitTogetherStych-Stych really wishes that the rest of the Stych's would sit down, shut up, close forums, and get the fuck back to work.

FrustratedAuthorStych thinks the rest of us should go away for a while so we can write in peace and quiet because there are some narrative/writing prompt threads to which he's been meaning to contribute. GYSTS-S keeps reminding this one that The Sandbox is too full of distractions for such things, but FAS doesn't listen and keep staring at the empty loose-leaf in frustration.

Y'all can figure out for yourselves which of me is posting at any given point, because Stych sure as hell cannot most of the time.

😉

You've entertained me in posts hence your inclusion. Other than that the only thing I caught was you have a severe case of Dissociative identity disorder.

But I think you know this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Hopefully it's not this list: Billy Madison List of People to Kill

My pet peeve is looking up threads on builds within a specific AT and powerset, and by the 3rd or 4th reply, every build posted is no longer about that AT, and likely isn't even the power set the OP asked about, and now only builds of a more "effective" AT and power set are posted. The original post is then literally ignored, and everyone appears to be completely OK with it. lol

Edited by Samsupra
  • Thumbs Up 1