Rage changes?

5 minutes ago, AGrinningCat said:

Bummer, good to know then. How do street justice and savage melee hold up on end game?

See a lot of people posting their love for both. I have one SS user. Guy named Bunny Fufu. He also has Spring Attack. And bunny ears. Languishing in the 30s somewhere. Still hasn't taken Rage. Honestly, I hated SS back on live because of the rage crash. Street Justice is a solid alternative. I have a savage/shield stalker but I can't get into her.

Edit: The devs here did make an attempt to fix rage but apparently the uproar from the doublestacking rage crowd was more than they wanted to bother with.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

The crash isn't a deal breaker if managed well, the trick is to time your enrage windows for whenever would be convenient to do a lot of damage in a short time, and go ham, then take the hit for a few seconds after.

It may need some adjustments and I still disagree in the balance choice making it a thing at all (its dumb af tbh) but it doesn't mean Superstrength is BAD

43 minutes ago, AGrinningCat said:

Bummer, good to know then. How do street justice and savage melee hold up on end game?

StJ is best on a Stalker although not bad for other ATs. Its AoEs are on the small side, but they recharge quick and StJ flows in credibly well since cast times are 2.1 seconds or lower. Savage is best on a Brute although it could have better ST damage as Hemo isn't worth taking.

I continue to not get into SS despite how much love the set still gets even in its current state.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Everything starts to look like a troll post at a certain point.  

Nothing looks like you will every be happy at some point.

Should we rename Snarky to Sour Patch Troll ? 😆

• Haha 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I continue to not get into SS despite how much love the set still gets even in its current state.

I have nearly identically built Inv tanks, JAW with St.J and NUT with SS.  I still play both, but almost always reach for SS first.  Foot Stomp is just so ridiculously satisfying.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I was on the SS hate train for a long time, until I made an Ice/SS tank. 1-20 was a complete snooze fest. 20-mid 30s was a little bit better, but once I got Foot Stomp the thing just started trucking and has only gotten better from there. Just from this experience, I can tell you that SS shines on sets that can mitigate the fact that you melt END like pointing a blowtorch at an ice cube. The -dmg/-def for ~5 seconds is more of a "aw man" to me personally.

Or you know, you could wait until 50 and grab Ageless, but that's lame.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

To be clear my first toon back was a SS/Invul (build by Hyperstrike thanks!).  And I still have the toon fully built up

Ot is just so frustrating to have had a Rage crash fix literally on the table and then to have it pulled away so PvPers and Farmers are happy

Super Strength is iconic in the comic world.  But we have a version that is appropriate to a tiny percent of Super Strength users in the comics.   

My SS/Invul Brute has a backstory of being a gym geek who started using steroids and preworkout drug cocktails and escalated until finally was using Excelsior and Superadine fixed into mixes by an underground alchemist using black magic.   He has Rage issues.  The story works.  

My dream is to have a happy go lucky Super Strength character (or many alts) that are not slaves to Rage.  But screw that idea, the concept is baked into the power set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Snarky said:

To be clear my first toon back was a SS/Invul (build by Hyperstrike thanks!).  And I still have the toon fully built up

Ot is just so frustrating to have had a Rage crash fix literally on the table and then to have it pulled away so PvPers and Farmers are happy

Super Strength is iconic in the comic world.  But we have a version that is appropriate to a tiny percent of Super Strength users in the comics.   

My SS/Invul Brute has a backstory of being a gym geek who started using steroids and preworkout drug cocktails and escalated until finally was using Excelsior and Superadine fixed into mixes by an underground alchemist using black magic.   He has Rage issues.  The story works.  

My dream is to have a happy go lucky Super Strength character (or many alts) that are not slaves to Rage.  But screw that idea, the concept is baked into the power set

Bit about PvP’ers/Farmers being the reason the Rage crash exists - these types of claims are lies 99.9% of the time so will have to assume the same unless evidence is presented.

Bit about Super Strength sans Rage - we have many other “hit your enemy with hands or feet but also be allergic to Rage” sets so y’all fine.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, arcane said:

Bit about PvP’ers/Farmers being the reason the Rage crash exists - these types of claims are lies 99.9% of the time so will have to assume the same unless evidence is presented.

Bit about Super Strength sans Rage - we have many other “hit your enemy with hands or feet but also be allergic to Rage” sets so y’all fine.

So saying I lie without calling me a liar.  Not even subtle

Hitting people with street justice or energy melee does not equal Super Strength.

We had a fix for super strength rage on the test server and 12 people with pacifiers dangling from their mouths screamed someone was trying to take their binky away and the Devs caved and nixed it

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

So saying I lie without calling me a liar.  Not even subtle

Hitting people with street justice or energy melee does not equal Super Strength.

We had a fix for super strength rage on the test server and 12 people with pacifiers dangling from their mouths screamed someone was trying to take their binky away and the Devs caved and nixed it

Not calling you a liar, just know that certain talking points have *always* wound up being a boy that cried wolf. Happy to believe that farmers/PvP’ers are responsible if you can show the receipts 🙂 

35 minutes ago, arcane said:

Not calling you a liar, just know that certain talking points have *always* wound up being a boy that cried wolf. Happy to believe that farmers/PvP’ers are responsible if you can show the receipts 🙂 

Look I am not even trying to hide the fact I use a metric ton of hyperbole in my recipe for Snarky linguistics.

But..... the MAIN point is we had the fix to Rage on test and it was killed by the Devs after a bunch of whiny babies (you pick the groups, it's like mystery date....) crapped their diapers, threw their binkys and screamed their bestest and only reason for living was being taken away   (part of the last statement is irrefutable, points to you if you can pick that part out)

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I was on the SS hate train for a long time, until I made an Ice/SS tank. 1-20 was a complete snooze fest. 20-mid 30s was a little bit better, but once I got Foot Stomp the thing just started trucking and has only gotten better from there. Just from this experience, I can tell you that SS shines on sets that can mitigate the fact that you melt END like pointing a blowtorch at an ice cube. The -dmg/-def for ~5 seconds is more of a "aw man" to me personally.

Or you know, you could wait until 50 and grab Ageless, but that's lame.

I have never really noticed SS being endurance intensive.  But then I have it paired with Bio and generally play in Efficient stance.

7 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

I have never really noticed SS being endurance intensive.  But then I have it paired with Bio and generally play in Efficient stance.

Yeah, it's not noticeable if you pair it with something that has built in recovery tools, but I dare you to pair it with something like SR.

• Haha 1

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

54 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Yeah, it's not noticeable if you pair it with something that has built in recovery tools, but I dare you to pair it with something like SR.

Caveat: my thousandth reminder that endurance problems only exist in this game now sub level 50 😉

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

Caveat: my thousandth reminder that endurance problems only exist in this game now sub level 50 😉

I personally don't like judging a set by how it performs post 50 with Incarnates

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I personally don't like judging a set by how it performs post 50 with Incarnates

Then don't. I try to judge sets and archetypes on how they perform at level 1 and at level 50-T4 and all the way in between. I'm also lazy enough to make an attempt at old soloing (always with double-xp) on tons of my alts but end up saying fark it and PLing them to 50. Unless I have a reason to go all the way like I did with my Swipe/Inv scrapper. My new claws/stone scrapper was soloed from 1 to 38 in 2 days (amps for the first 8 hours) but I haven't touched him since and may just delete him due to enemies running away. Don't want to go brute or tank on that combo because I hate granite armor. Edit: Oh wait... I CAN'T do that combo on a brute or a tank because of granite.

We're all gonna judge what we build, and what others build for that matter, on how we see the game and how we play it. Is what it is.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Part of that is because if you're still experiencing endurance problems as you near 50, even on SOs, people drop the character.

Unless you're hardheaded like me.