Rage changes?

1 minute ago, Erratic1 said:

Part of that is because if you're still experiencing endurance problems as you near 50, even on SOs, people drop the character.

Unless you're hardheaded like me.

If only they'd realize they could slot acc/2*endred/recred/2*dam instead of acc/endred/recred/3*dam....

Or 4 perf shifters in stamina at lvl 17.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I personally don't like judging a set by how it performs post 50 with Incarnates

That's just figuring out how much of easy mode a build can go. I prefer adding in how a build is to level because if that isn't fun, it won't make it to 50.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

If only they'd realize they could slot acc/2*endred/recred/2*dam instead of acc/endred/recred/3*dam....

Or 4 perf shifters in stamina at lvl 17.

Assumption of influence that many people don't wallow in.

Also a question of knowing you'll like the character enough to know you want to invest in them at that level. I have characters I have soured on for other reasons at double that level.

5 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Also a question of knowing you'll like the character enough to know you want to invest in them at that level. I have characters I have soured on for other reasons at double that level.

I can see not having 16mil influence laying around on one's FIRST character in CoH. After that, there's no excuse. I'm sittin on 5 billion now, I don't play the market, I sell everything that I don't dump in the store in my base on the market for 111 inf and for anything I don't have in the base from deleting alts I buy on the market at buy now prices. And one can always ping Yomo for starter cash.

17 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I can see not having 16mil influence laying around on one's FIRST character in CoH. After that, there's no excuse. I'm sittin on 5 billion now, I don't play the market, I sell everything that I don't dump in the store in my base on the market for 111 inf and for anything I don't have in the base from deleting alts I buy on the market at buy now prices. And one can always ping Yomo for starter cash.

Now you're assuming the amount of time they spend on their higher level characters and how much of what that character generates is spare to spend on other characters.

16 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Now you're assuming the amount of time they spend on their higher level characters and how much of what that character generates is spare to spend on other characters.

Whatever. If you're poor in this game it's by choice. Edit: UNlike real life, of course.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

8 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Whatever. If you're poor in this game it's by choice. Edit: UNlike real life, of course.

I don't know...sounds like the same argument is being applied in game that is applied in real life....something about not working hard enough.

I don't know...sounds like the same argument is being applied in game that is applied in real life....something about not working hard enough.

Again... it wasn't work for me. I play the game to kill shit cuz it's what makes the game fun. If it was work, I wouldn't do it. If only I had that option in real life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snarky said:

It takes a little work to generate a few hundred million in game.  It is very predictable.  Farm or craft.  Or my version  farm for a couple hours and craft ALL recipes convert and sell

I'd rather watch paint dry, or go fishing than farm. Crafting is slightly more tolerable.

Of course I am not poor either, even if I am not rolling in enough spare influence to kite out a dozen characters. I merely appreciate that people play the game in a variety of ways and some of those ways are not going to generate influence willy-nilly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Again... it wasn't work for me. I play the game to kill shit cuz it's what makes the game fun. If it was work, I wouldn't do it. If only I had that option in real life.

What is work for YOU may be very different from what is work for someone else. I am not sure how one makes it through a life without coming to appreciate different people have different tolerances. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I merely appreciate that people play the game in a variety of ways and some of those ways are not going to generate influence willy-nilly.

C'mon, man, this isn't a true statement. Playing the game generates inf. Merits for arcs. Inf for killing. Random invention drops. Stores to sell shit.

Ok, sure, if I do NOTHING but level alts from 1 to 20 and never sell anything and I have double xp going....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

I have nearly identically built Inv tanks, JAW with St.J and NUT with SS.  I still play both, but almost always reach for SS first.  Foot Stomp is just so ridiculously satisfying.

Super Strength's secret weapon is Rage's +ToHit. I get annoyed whiffing at Nemesis Lts. on my other characters.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Supertanker said:

Super Strength's secret weapon is Rage's +ToHit. I get annoyed whiffing at Nemesis Lts. on my other characters.

Yep. 

Had a brief bit of regret Energy Melee was not in its current state when I made my SS/Bio brute. But then I took a quick look at Energy Melee (which I like...really enjoy my EM/Shield Stalker) but Whirling Hands is no Foot Stomp and I would have to use Focused Accuracy to enjoy the same security in hitting higher level targets. 

And it makes sense. Your target starts dodging your attacks, you get pissed, and you RAGE!!!!!!

49 minutes ago, Snarky said:

It takes a little work to generate a few hundred million in game.  It is very predictable.  Farm or craft.  Or my version  farm for a couple hours and craft ALL recipes convert and sell

Hell, just T4 a build and I figure a few hundred mill won't be far behind depending on how you do it. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Ot is just so frustrating to have had a Rage crash fix literally on the table and then to have it pulled away so PvPers and Farmers are happy

Bruh farmers don't use SS and the proposed Rage crash change would have been a buff for PvP. It ended up getting pulled because the powers guy wasn't happy with it.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

8 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Assumption of influence that many people don't wallow in

You don't have to "wallow" in it.

I know this has nothing to do with the actual thread topic, but just so you know, you don't have to farm or even have a higher level character bankroll your lowbie alt to do what BillZ is saying to do. I play every character (yes, every character) from level 1 -22 without enhancements. I run Posi1+2, and sometimes a Synapse, between soloing missions after using Double XP on DFBs up to around the point where the exp you get isn't worth the time (what level that is escapes me at the moment). In short, I do activities that actively reduce my influence gains yet I have no issue buying a Performance Shifter proc, knockback protection procs, and sometimes even a Panacea proc or a single LotG recharge proc. How do I do it?

By buying Converters with the merits I earn from doing story arcs and running TFs, then selling those Converters on the market at "sell it now" price (ie: 1 influence). That's an easy bankroll for every character, no real effort required, to get those IO procs and a full set of Basic 25 IOs for my current suite of powers.

If someone can't manage that, they just haven't been told about Converter/Booster selling. It's the most low-effort, passive way to pay for your stuff and all you have to do is run content, buy Converters, and put them on the market when you're ready to buy stuff. The idea that getting influence is some herculean task is silly to me.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

10 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I personally don't like judging a set by how it performs post 50 with Incarnates

While it is true that the incarnate system was the best thing to happen to the game and just made everything else more viable and fun, if something sucks without it, that's still a problem with the set being underpowered.

Incarnates just make it not suck forever, but the problem still exists.

6 hours ago, macskull said:

Bruh farmers don't use SS and the proposed Rage crash change would have been a buff for PvP. It ended up getting pulled because the powers guy wasn't happy with it.

I'm not your "Bruh" dude.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I'll be another to say any toon that is influence deficient, especially as it comes to buying and upgrading SOs, is their own lack of education.  Merits to converters to cash.  After running Posi, what do you think a new player is going to do with merits?  Hopefully ask questions or check the forums.  Couldn't be simpler and between @Yomo Kimyata, @Sovera and many others' guides, with simple and effective influence generation, it's a moot argument.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

I'm not your "Bruh" dude.

A sublime rebuttal. 

But seriously, thank you for admitting earlier that your call-out of PvP’ers and farmers was literally based on nothing and that the alleged whiny babies could’ve been from any group. Now if everyone else could be so honest.

Edited by arcane
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

I'll be another to say any toon that is influence deficient, especially as it comes to buying and upgrading SOs, is their own lack of education.  Merits to converters to cash.  After running Posi, what do you think a new player is going to do with merits?  Hopefully ask questions or check the forums.  Couldn't be simpler and between @Yomo Kimyata, @Sovera and many others' guides, with simple and effective influence generation, it's a moot argument.

The amount they were arguing over… 16 mil? Doesn’t Yomo give that out for free?

I think literally everyone who responded to a Yomo thread a few months ago was awarded half a bil.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking as a new player, I would say that once one actually has a 50, inf should typically cease to be a problem pretty quickly.

Someone who plays lots of characters simultaneously (like me) while leveling instead of pushing one to 50 quickly could potentially have influence issues on multiple characters.

Well, I should qualify that.  I'm not having any problems with any of my characters having enough inf to kit out with basic (non-set) IO's and I even have a Steadfast Protection res/def 3% on my Claw/SR scrapper at level 33.  But I'm not going to be kitting out in full set IO's anytime soon on the inf I can generate while leveling up.

I certainly won't be slotting 4 Performance Shifters in Stamina yet, though I'm hoping to get one soon as I am definitely having some end issues on that character (SR toggles + combat jumping + tough + weave is kind of hard on end)..  Nothing I can't manage, but sometimes I get too scrapper-locked and forget to manage it and dropping one's toggles is never fun.  I got spoiled on Live by never having to rest, and I'm having to recalibrate my expectations due to not being rich yet.

Not to mention needing some LotG +recharges to really make Claws work properly (though, even without them, my Claws/SR kills arrests much faster than my KM/WP does!)

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

Speaking as a new player, I would say that once one actually has a 50, inf should typically cease to be a problem pretty quickly.

I selfishly made two new alts both with >billion inf builds this last weekend, so I'm still struggling to finish one of them. But yeah, the uh.. Performance Shifters or whatever we're arguing about.. you can literally make that afk in just one unit of toilet time.