Does anyone else ever intentionally fail missions?

An example: today, I was offered a mission by one of my contacts to disarm a bunch of bombs. No problem. Then I read that the bombs must be disarmed around the same time, so I'll need teammates. GRRR. There is NO chance I will ever bother to do that. Fortunately, it's a timed mission, so I just take it and let the time expire, and the mission is off that contact's offerings.

This is actually the only thing I enjoy about timed missions. Sometimes, even if the timed mission does not require more than one person, I'll take it and log off, knowing it'll be done (failed) when I next log in. I do this for missions against mobs I dislike, like BP or CoT.

Anyone else do something similar, or is this just crazy?

I had heard, but haven't yet dared to test it, that the [task] multiple objects simultaneously were all made that you can do them now individually.  I know this is true for TF/Trials, but not sure if it's true for regular missions

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Why not autocomplete it? I don't mean in general, your autocomplete could still be on cd or something. But just why fail this one intentionally, versus that if it's available?

Yes if autocomplete is available (I've sometimes hit it accidentally), then I'll use it. If not, I want the quest gone so I can get another one offered.

I had heard, but haven't yet dared to test it, that the [task] multiple objects simultaneously were all made that you can do them now individually.  I know this is true for TF/Trials, but not sure if it's true for regular missions

I didn't know this, I'll try it next time it comes up. Thanks!

Disarm around the same time doesn't mean necessarily that you needed a team, even if that mission wasn't changed with the simultaneous click mishes on tfs. I had one in Pretoria the other day that said that and it gave plenty of time.

That said, to the question, yes there have been timed missions I've let expire. I don't remember the arc but there was one I did that routinely for on redside.

And I absolutely let glacia and infernia die on lgtf and the hostage die on moonfire. But then she's so kamikaze you can easily fall that unintentionally too.

I forgot autocomplete was a thing. Remind me how to use it?

Every three days you can return to the contact who gave you the mission in the first place and they will give you the option to autocomplete

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You are only allowed to do it every 3 days...And you can't do it thru the mission select screen, it has to be done by talking to the contact that gave you the mission...

Well here's My example as to why.

I've been rolling through my existing 4 dozen alts (shush) to get them to 6+. Because I'm doing this mostly after work (and I'm beat), I don't bother teaming and instead chime in to my desired chat. So to nudge this process I skip one mish per alt and it helps save maybe 5-10min on the journey. Otherwise I'd probably only use the skip on mishs that happen to be a PITA or make me run all across a large map just because.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

That damn "stop 50 Fir Bolg from escaping" mission in Croatoa.

This every single time. How long am I supposed to deal with the once in 5 minute waves? Hoping this was fixed on Homecoming, I actually waited 20 minutes the first time I did it here but then decided to just let the Fir Bolg go before I lost my sanity. Sometimes I'll also intentionally fail missions if they are particularly annoying or if I just want to speed up the completion of a story arc.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

That damn "stop 50 Fir Bolg from escaping" mission in Croatoa.

This every single time. How long am I supposed to deal with the once in 5 minute waves? Hoping this was fixed on Homecoming, I actually waited 20 minutes the first time I did it here but then decided to just let the Fir Bolg go before I lost my sanity. Sometimes I'll also intentionally fail missions if they are particularly annoying or if I just want to speed up the completion of a story arc.

This one bothers me in large teams, but small or solo I enjoy it. At least as much as one can enjoy a Defeat All. Because that’s all it really is, all those Fir Bolg running are just the normal spawns, so I’ve found circling from the escape point to the mission entrance and clearing everything speeds it up. It’s still a Defeat All mission, but that at least keeps me busy instead of standing there.

Like the damn “defend the ritual” in Croatoa where you have to save three hostages, lead them to the exit, then stand around and defeat waves. I’ve often just set Taunt on auto fire and walked away while a single Redcap swings at me. Now that’s one I would auto fail if I was inclined to do that.

You can't auto-complete a timed mission, and the 'disarm bombs at the same time' have been changed if you are solo. (Even though the mission still says that.)

I learned something new today.  This was spot on correct, and helped me out, since lately all I have been getting are timed disarm mishes.  +1 inf Healix