MiDs stopped working

Snarky

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I upgraded to the latest MiDs about a month ago.  everything worked fine.  Then this weekend it stopped working.  It launches....and does nothing.  little Icon on Task Mgr bar and nothing else

Try to minimize/maximize the icon on the task bar. Worked when i had the same problem. Never had the problem since.

3 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Try to minimize/maximize the icon on the task bar. Worked when i had the same problem. Never had the problem since.

been trying that for two days lol  sometimes the screen inside is black, othertimes white.  like it is stuck mid launch

I've found that, when having unsolvable problems in Mids, it's just generally faster and more efficacious to rip it out and reinstall using the following process.

1. Download and run Revo Uninstaller Portable.
  2. Have it uninstall Mids.
  3. Let it scan the registry using the Advanced setting.
  4. Eliminate left-over registry settings.
  5. Eliminate left-over files.
  6. Reinstall the latest version of Mids Reborn.  Downloaded freshly from the website.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

I've found that, when having unsolvable problems in Mids, it's just generally faster and more efficacious to rip it out and reinstall using the following process.

1. Download and run Revo Uninstaller Portable.
  2. Have it uninstall Mids.
  3. Let it scan the registry using the Advanced setting.
  4. Eliminate left-over registry settings.
  5. Eliminate left-over files.
  6. Reinstall the latest version of Mids Reborn.  Downloaded freshly from the website.

worked like a charm.  thanks

This bug gets brought up all the time. Fastest fix: go to your data folder (where you installed Mids), find the config.json file, delete it, restart Mids.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 7

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I downloaded the newest version a month or two ago and have kind of regretted it ever since, it's been really snaky.  In addition to the above problem (which keeps returning on a seemingly random basis), when I start unselecting a power to drop another into its place, the name of the newly chosen power won't appear over on the little blue bar for it on the right, until I save, close, and then re-open the program.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Sad 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 6/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, Bopper said:

This bug gets brought up all the time. Fastest fix: go to your data folder (where you installed Mids), find the config.json file, delete it, restart Mids.

Have tried this.
Never had it actually work for me.

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Have tried this.
Never had it actually work for me.

Interesting. I spoke to someone yesterday who also said it didn't work. I think you two are the only ones I know of who had trouble with it (mostly small same size). But I gave them your instructions and they seemed to have resolved the issue now. So I'll keep those in my back pocket if a quick fix doesn't work.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Interesting. I spoke to someone yesterday who also said it didn't work. I think you two are the only ones I know of who had trouble with it (mostly small same size). But I gave them your instructions and they seemed to have resolved the issue now. So I'll keep those in my back pocket if a quick fix doesn't work.

Let's just say that I have an unlucky uncle named Murphy...

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Let's just say that I have an unlucky uncle named Murphy...

Hey we must be related then somehow.. Distant Cousins maybe? 🙂

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

29 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

Hey we must be related then somehow.. Distant Cousins maybe? 🙂

Murphy's Law: Anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong.
 - Relative's Caveat One: Usually at the absolute WORST POSSIBLE TIME.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:46 PM, Bopper said:

Actually I ran into someone in the game last weekend who, when I asked if they used Mids, said they used to but it just stopped working one day.

If you to go into the mids files by right clicking then open file location and then navigate to the data folder then delete Config.json file. Close it out and launch as normal and it'll tell you that it's recreating a new config file. Maybe this will help.

Edited by Tantricsecrets