Focused Feedback: Costumes

Vigilant - Chest, Legs, Boots, Gloves.

I like these it took me a minute to get used to the shading on the boots used with two colors because it's different than the way the other colors work.

image.thumb.png.21bafa5b716233a7f171073a1ef6b955.png

I would like to see layer stripe glove options (a few of them) I like that pattern a lot.

I am unsure if capes can be edited but that would be nice to see the new patterns on.

Love that rocket book fx can be tintable - looks great

Nice! that the Aeon gloves can be tinted

Warp w/FX' option added. - It looks really cool and even more so when flying around, nice job

'Carnival' chest texture added, I like the way it looks on the neck on my characters. cool.

You've done a really good job with the costume pieces - Thanks

• Thanks 1

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

The weapon model proliferation sparks joy, thanks.

(A stretch goal: let VEATs have more than one VEAT costume slot.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

1 hour ago, momentarygrace said:

*trying to wait patiently for long shirts*

What do you mean? You have an example?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

2 hours ago, Marbing said:

I made a specific suggestion some time ago, repeated in another thread as well, and eventually "heard" a rumor that it might be added after the first of the year, however nothing solid, just someone offering me hope.

Here was my original suggestion:

Are the other Circle bits that the guys got ages ago EVER going to be ported to female models, or should I just give up on Kai and Rev ever getting their proper Death Mage gloves, long kilt and back spikes?

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

32 minutes ago, Subber1 said:

Most of the Costume Sets seem to have lost their bottom and chest pieces and default to tights. It's not a huge thing, but it is pretty annoying. Costume Sets were always a nice base to radiate out of.

Costume Sets being broken is a known issue that's being worked upon.  It's likely due to a Costume Set being a series of indexes into the array of Costume parts and settings.  Those numbers have been changed by the fundamental modifications with Page 4.

Vigilant gloves and boots would be *chef's kiss* if the hand and foot area was true color - the actual color the player selects...  instead of having a layer that changes the color to something paler and brighter.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

5 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Vigilant gloves and boots would be *chef's kiss* if the hand and foot area was true color - the actual color the player selects...  instead of having a layer that changes the color to something paler and brighter.

I can understand that, it was a hard design decision based on a couple of things:

1) With those same shaded areas appearing in the chest and legs in the way that they are, not having them in the gloves would throw off the aesthetic and balance of the design. 

2) As you know, players like to mix and match so I wanted them to add another unique choice if they happened to be used outside the rest of the set. There are currently no other gloves/boots patterns in the game like them, but without the shading the way it is I felt they would be too similar to other gloves/boots patterns that already exist.

Overall, the design decisions I made when I created these patterns kind of centered around that idea and also meeting the QA standards the devs have for new patterns. But I understand your point and appreciate your feedback!

Edited by Marbing
  • Thumbs Up 2

Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

On 7/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, Marbing said:

Not sure why you got downvoted for asking this, I would have too. The person you replied too meant skirts but said shirts; I would have been confused at first as well.

Also, thank you for the work you did on the new patterns! I utterly adore them, especially the diamond cut pattern. Rebirth has put out some really nice quality costume designs like this too, so I'm happy to see HC getting some love as well. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

"All Icon/Facemaker tailors are now also cosmetic surgeons and renamed any surgeons to match other tailors of their type. This does not include Trainers."

Does this also apply to Icon/Facemaker NPCs in bases?

1 hour ago, Adipup said:

"All Icon/Facemaker tailors are now also cosmetic surgeons and renamed any surgeons to match other tailors of their type. This does not include Trainers."

Does this also apply to Icon/Facemaker NPCs in bases?

Was just going to mention that it does not seem to after I just tested it on Brainstorm.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lemming said:

Was just going to mention that it does not seem to after I just tested it on Brainstorm.

Confirmed.  Created an SG from scratch, entered the base and opened the Base Editor.  Placed both an Icon and Facemaker NPC in the entrance room, neither acted as a cosmetic surgeon.  (The option was present, but greyed out.)  This persisted even after logging out and logging back in.

Screenshot (360).png

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
To add details about logging out and logging back in.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

26 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Confirmed.  Created an SG from scratch, entered the base and opened the Base Editor.  Placed both an Icon and Facemaker NPC in the entrance room, neither acted as a cosmetic surgeon.  (The option was present, but greyed out.)

Screenshot (360).png

That's a bit disappointing, but thanks for testing it out for me!

54 minutes ago, aethereal said:

So, uh, we lost Diamond Cut and added Mystic?

Here's what Mystic looks like for anyone wondering.

2073469576_ScreenShot2022-07-19at9_52_41AM.thumb.png.d399799f5ea221ad7c3ddf84492a6033.png

Not that this is bad, but I loved Diamond Cut. What was wrong with it that it got scrapped?

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

41 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Not that this is bad, but I loved Diamond Cut. What was wrong with it that it got scrapped?

Diamond cut had many issues getting the seams to line up which wasn’t passing QA. It isn’t necessarily gone forever just needs more work to get it right, but it’s a decision beyond me for what makes it into the game and what doesn’t. I just draw stuff and try to make it fit 😂

Edited by Marbing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marbing said:

Diamond cut had many issues getting the seams to line up which wasn’t passing QA. It isn’t necessarily gone forever just needs more work to get it right, but it’s a decision beyond me for what makes it into the game and what doesn’t. I just draw stuff and try to make it fit 😂

Man, and here I thought I had a good eye for details like that; I didn't notice it not matching up when I used it, but I believe that it must have been happening. I do hope it'll get worked out and we'll see it in the future though; I quite loved that one. 😄

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:57 PM, LQT said:

Nice to see this sorted. Now the Tech Knight Staff needs reskinned to match as currently the primary colour option reskins pretty much the entire weapon and the particle effect as the previous Capacitor/Reactor did.

Checking this again the primary/secondary layout seems inconsistent still.

Currently the Reactor appears to be using Primary/Secondary colours with Primary coloured FX. The Capacitor appears Primary/Secondary with Secondary/Primary additions and still using Primary coloured FX.

Using Silver/Gold as the primary/secondary options the main Reactor ends up silver while the lower vent looking parts are gold. So far so good.

Adding in the FX option means the lightning ball is silver. While not much of an issue itself the Capacitor options create more of a conflict that makes it seem like the FX should be the secondary colour.

Capacitor adds in 3 smaller sections that are "primarily" gold with a silver FX. This means the outer casing of the smaller 3 parts doesn't match the casing of the Reactor.

Capacitor with FX combines the issues. The outer cases of the Capacitors should have the colours swapped and the FXs should be synced to match.

Capacitor2.jpg.edd3af974d0e65d28ac53d82de176816.jpg

Red line sections should match the Primary, blue line sections should match the Secondary.

Edit: Rocket Boots w/ FX do the same thing. If you want gold flames you need to set the Primary as gold which turns the entire boot gold. If you were aiming for black boots with gold inline than you end up with "black" flames. Either swapping the FX to the Secondary or adding an option where the FX is the Secondary would likely match a lot of themes better.

Edited by LQT
Additional examples.
  • Like 1

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I wish that the "mini" size option was available in the character generator. It would be great to have those REALLY small toons at the start and not something you have to grind in order to get.

"

• Deluxe Costume Powers are very unusual or exotic appearances and cost 1000/1500 (normal/mode) Prismatic Aether Particle salvage each.
  • The costumes in this tier are listed as Very Rare on the BenevoLabs vendors and are intended to serve as long-term prestige goals for extremely dedicated players who regularly complete Advanced Difficulty content on the highest levels and purchase the salvage from other players, while also serving as a market sink for the new currency.
  • There are only mode costumes currently offered at this tier at the release of Page 4." Seems like a heck of a lotta work for just the toons concept to match it's appearance.
  •  

Seems like a lot of extra work just to have the toon's concept match their appearance.

Deeds, not Words.