Masterminds have wanted changes for years now.

14 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I don't know anything about Thunderspy. Never played there. The only thing I could find about MMs over there though is pet customizations and a tweaked stay command that keeps the pets from moving from where they are. Neither of which does anything for what the OP or some other posters are screaming for. If Thunderspy does anything else? I didn't see it on a quick Google search. So I am clueless as to why you prefer to play MMs over there. It's your choice, and if you enjoy it, more power to you. I just have no reference for it.

Perhaps I should've clarified in my post but for the uniniated: 

That's the main reason why I do play MM over there, it's mostly just a knew about it via CoH subreddit (you may have not known about it cuz ur not a reddit/net savy surfer like me) at any rate but like you said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ relax

8 hours ago, FriezaReturns00001 said:

The thing, is I personally dunno what you do here; as anything is usually going to result in one camp just exiting the game, effectively splintering the player bases. As for the volunteering section thread (and that thread is full) for the take of contributions; we don't even know who is actually getting in on the dev team versus who is actually doing the review processes+getting accepted/figuring out the rest of the systems (mind you that still takes time off the game alone!) over who would work on it versus who isn't. Mind you they don't have to tell us, etc.

They may just flat out refuse to give the numbers of personel/staff on the game. I've never personally seen this done for a video game to this extent before maybe on some off linked-in profiles but usually you could know how many are on staff either from some website listing profile -- a public one. For example Valhiem staff was mainly 5 people, 1 person taken off to recruit is usually a process of 6-12 months, so that's 4 people on the game, 1 getting the new person on the dev team, teaching the systems, signing a contract, etc.

However, I can see them still not being official yet or whatever being a legit reason why many things on feedback/suggestions aren't being priorities quickly enough. Perhaps waiting for a better opportunity to turn this from a hobbyist maintenance job to something concurrent enough to be self funded and still have more members work on various things. There are worser forums for games that exist though where almost all suggests are rejected/ignored/removed. lool

That said, idc what they do mind you, I do however check in with this game and whatever updates follow and yes check the beta server too!

I'm not sure if there is perhaps a language barrier happening here, but all I have said that for those wishing to provide feedback, to do so in a constructive manner. The OP is having a temper tantrum.

I don't *do* anything here; I am one of hundreds of players on the HC servers. I don't have any authority, if that's what you're implying, nor am I trying to. However, that doesn't mean I don't understand what types of communications are going to get a better reaction from the devs and fellow players.

Your response makes very little sense to me. Rudra reiterated my point rather nicely, so I will leave it there and not respond any further since it seems we don't really understand each other and that's okay. 

Final Say: Making suggestions and giving feedback is totally fine, even if it is criticism. What's not okay is name-calling and bashing and having a tantrum because something you wanted didn't get implemented in the current patch on beta. Post in a respectful manner and you're more likely to have your opinion heard.

MM's on HC are largely in a good spot and need very little tweaking compared to other things happening in the game. Sure, there's changes I'd like to see, but I acknowledge there's other things that could use more attention.

If you have not personally jumped on beta and tested the changes the devs are making, you have very little room to complain, let alone make demands of an unpaid, entirely volunteer dev team.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Rudra said:

What it boils down to is the author decided to rant about not getting a change (s)he wanted. On 2 different threads. This thread is the second, and the only one of the two the author originated. For the sole purpose of bashing the devs for not doing what (s)he wanted.

While this is the Suggestions and Feedback forum, and that does count as feedback, the surest way to make sure the people you are trying to persuade ignore you is to open with an attack. And as far as I can tell, the author did so without even trying the changes. @TygerDarkstorm is the only person on this thread I am aware of that has actually tried the changes. And (s)he has said that while it is not sufficient to make Mercenaries on par with the other MM primaries, it is an improvement.

I don't know anything about Thunderspy. Never played there. The only thing I could find about MMs over there though is pet customizations and a tweaked stay command that keeps the pets from moving from where they are. Neither of which does anything for what the OP or some other posters are screaming for. If Thunderspy does anything else? I didn't see it on a quick Google search. So I am clueless as to why you prefer to play MMs over there. It's your choice, and if you enjoy it, more power to you. I just have no reference for it.

That said, MMs rock here. Unless I'm getting swamped with high damage AoEs, nothing in the game can kill my MMs. Mercenaries I have to be a little more careful with, but that is because I went with /Traps and I lack an actual heal for my pets. Missions where my blasters, corruptors, scrappers, or even stalkers just curl up and die from the opposition? My MMs are eating the same opposition. So where is the driving need for MMs to be tweaked? Sentinels need the attention more. The remaining bugs from Live need the attention more. I don't believe I'm saying this since I hate PvP, but PvP needs the attention more.

And on top of all that? We have a group of unpaid volunteers dedicating their free time to fixing and improving this game. I don't know their work schedules. I don't know their family lives. I don't need to know either. They are giving up their personal free time to keep this game alive and try to make it better. And the OP is "Nah, you need to do what I want and meet my demands or you're a bunch of slackasses." Followed by the sentiment of "I don't need or want to test the proposed changes. I automatically know they are bad because it is not what I want to see happen. And I'm not even going to bother with providing feedback on the changes where they were asked for despite the devs still working on the update." That is what is driving a lot of the comments on this thread.

Stop with the pronoun crap. We have enough of that in this world. I am obviously an Alpha MALE. With that said, you need to stop thinking your way of handling a situation as obvious PC brainwashing is the only way to do things or get a point across.  Did Chef Ramsey harden those chefs by sweet talking them? Or did he speak his mind and get shit done for the greater good?  You may be in the sugar coating and cherry picking crap but I am straight in your face telling you what's up. If you can't handle that then you need to grow a spine and stop acting like a victim.  The world is not fair. Learn to deal with it.

P.S. I also play Villains because Heroes are boring. Regardless, the MM AT needs love. So please, with a mf cherry sunday splashed on top. Fix Masterminds!

Edited by eldriyth
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

7 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I'm not sure if there is perhaps a language barrier happening here, but all I have said that for those wishing to provide feedback, to do so in a constructive manner. The OP is having a temper tantrum.

I don't *do* anything here; I am one of hundreds of players on the HC servers. I don't have any authority, if that's what you're implying, nor am I trying to. However, that doesn't mean I don't understand what types of communications are going to get a better reaction from the devs and fellow players.

Your response makes very little sense to me. Rudra reiterated my point rather nicely, so I will leave it there and not respond any further since it seems we don't really understand each other and that's okay. 

Final Say: Making suggestions and giving feedback is totally fine, even if it is criticism. What's not okay is name-calling and bashing and having a tantrum because something you wanted didn't get implemented in the current patch on beta. Post in a respectful manner and you're more likely to have your opinion heard.

MM's on HC are largely in a good spot and need very little tweaking compared to other things happening in the game. Sure, there's changes I'd like to see, but I acknowledge there's other things that could use more attention.

If you have not personally jumped on beta and tested the changes the devs are making, you have very little room to complain, let alone make demands of an unpaid, entirely volunteer dev team.

Uh, please don't put words in my mouth talking about language barriers I never exclaimed such. Also, I really dislike when folks say they don't understand, even though I  OBVIOUSLY SUGGESTED OTHERWISE.

Why is this so hard to grasp? I literally stated that some of the overall threads here can equate down to a "what do they prioritize next". To which then followed up by saying, there is a thread specifically for volunteer developement member recruitment so they can get assistance. But I guess you skimmed over this on purpose, anyway, following that I posed a question "Does the HC team accept recruitment members, is this why there was many repeated threads or demands? Or are they holding this off now until they are more official and established as to give better opportunities for obvious reasons" and then included by exclaiming a thought, "...despite the accomplishment done so far as hobbyist devs, they can only engage in so many things at a time and aren't necessary ready to take in waves of those who wish to handle development priorities for all if not most situations". (Which btw is a acknowledgement, I'm not stupid, I can be allow to make this observation thanks!)

I got curious. Additionally, I have been on the Beta enough times through out 2019 and upwardz, don't do any of that assumption nonsense -- esp. with me.

But the heart of the matter which you clearly glossed over and perhap should re-read is what I was trying to say is: Is this is why I brought up the example comparisions with Valheim dev team being smaller and perhaps HC doesn't want to actively take time off just to get people in; like are they purposly keeping develeoper numbers low or are they taking folks in? Yes or No. No one here's ever answered this question then concluded by saying "Maybe they are waiting to be more officially recognized and only want members they have now for the things they currerntly accel at."

That's all. 

Edited by FriezaReturns00001
??? now im not understand you wtf

There is no way for me to obviously identify anyone's gender through text. I don't know who Chef Ramsey is. I don't know what Chef Ramsey does other than cook (since, you know, chef). And no one is playing victim here. Just letting you know that throwing a tantrum won't get you what you want.

You created a thread that has no suggestion to cry about not getting the change for MMs that you wanted. You did so in a hostile manner. The fact you can't deal with people telling you there is a much better way to be heard, like giving feedback on the beta response thread to ask for Mercenary damage to be increased in addition to the already being tested changes, is something no one here can help you with. I'm actually surprised the thread has not been locked yet.

2 minutes ago, FriezaReturns00001 said:

Uh, please don't put words in my mouth talking about language barriers I never exclaimed such. Also, I really dislike when folks say they don't understand, even though I  OBVIOUSLY SUGGESTED OTHERWISE.

Why is this so hard to grasp? I literally stated that some of the overall threads here can equate down to a "what do they prioritize next". To which then followed up by saying, there is a thread specifically for volunteer developement member recruitment so they can get assistance. But I guess you skimmed over this on purpose, anyway, following that I posed a question "Does the HC team accept recruitment members, is this why there was many repeated threads or demands? Or are they holding this off now until they are more official and established as to give better opportunities for obvious reasons" and then included by exclaiming a thought, "...despite the accomplishment done so far as hobbyist devs, they can only engage in so many things at a time and aren't necessary ready to take in waves of those who wish to handle development priorities for all if not most situations". (Which btw is a acknowledgement, I'm not stupid, I can be allow to make this observation thanks!)

I got curious.

But the heart of the matter which you clearly glossed over and perhap should re-read is what I was trying to say is: Is this is why I brought up the example comparisions with Valheim dev team being smaller and perhaps HC doesn't want to actively take time off just to get people in; like are they purposly keeping develeoper numbers low or are they taking folks in? Yes or No. No one here's ever answered this question then concluded by saying "Maybe they are waiting to be more officially recognized and only want members they have now for the things they currerntly accel at."

That's all. 

I don't think anyone other than a dev can answer your questions. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I don't think anyone other than a dev can answer your questions. Sorry.

That's fine, you are okay with me, it's just TygerDarkstorm couldn't be bothered + try to pull the fast one on me with hurr durr instead a "Oh I  see what you mean about Thunderspy, and no I don't know about that stuff" would've sufficed. I doubt I'll get one from them directly anways but that was my comment on the matter  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FriezaReturns00001 said:

That's fine, you are okay with me, it's just TygerDarkstorm couldn't be bothered + try to pull the fast one on me with hurr durr instead a "Oh I  see what you mean about Thunderspy, and no I don't know about that stuff" would've sufficed. I doubt I'll get one from them directly anways but that was my comment on the matter  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And this is the reason I created a thread a while ago that said thunder spy has great ideas that need to be "repurposed" into Homecoming's favor. All competitors do this. Just look at fast food as an example. Homecoming is a monopoly that could take full advantage of great ideas and bring all the boys to the school yard. So to speak.

I'm one much looking forward to mercs getting the buff they need and a bit sad they didn't.  However, have to say I'm happy to finally see ice control get some buffs that it seriously needed, so I can't say I'm completely disappointed in this issue. 😀

I find there's usually at least a few good things in every issue, and of course it isn't going to be everything I wished for.  I can't ask for much more than that, especially from a volunteer team.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, FriezaReturns00001 said:

You are now putting words into my mouth that I never said and are slandering me when I did not do the same to you. Much of what I said was not even directed at you, but I clearly said THE OP and others. Like I said, there was clearly a misunderstanding somewhere between us, and at this point, I have no idea what you're trying to say other than deciding that you're going to bash me over something incredibly stupid that I never did. 

I said there *might* be a language barrier or something happening because we aren't understanding one another. For someone telling me I need to learn how to read and that I can't be bothered with you, you're sure doing a great job of the pot calling the kettle black. 

Idk what your deal is, but perhaps you need to sit down and stop assuming everyone is "coming at you, bro." Most of my posts weren't even directed at you anyway. Pointing out what T-Spy does doesn't mean much here anyway because much of the HC playerbase and devs don't want to do what they do. Obviously I don't know what they do there since I have no desire to play on T-Spy because as I have said many, many times, I like the way the HC staff handles the game and it's one of the reasons I play here. Cool, you like the way MM's play over there? Then enjoy their take on MM's, you do you boo. Doesn't change the fact that here, MM's are in a pretty solid spot and aren't suffering the way some other sets and AT's are that need more work first. That's all some of us have been saying. Sheesh. Also, look up the use of the general you--when I was using it, that's what I meant, not you specifically.

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

3 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Hey folks, turn down the hostility, okay? Half of this thread is people arguing just to argue, and if it continues that way, I'm shutting it down.

i think some are here for getting hit on the head lessons.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:02 PM, arcane said:

Ok but who do you really know that likes MM’s

I do 

• Like 1

What happen to those pages and pages of those discord chats they had about all the archtypes and changes people discussed? 

The problem with Masterminds is you have to have THAT BUILD.. That is it.. You either have THAT BUILD to do amazing things or you don't. 
You can fight that AV.. But one one slip up and your screwed.. Pets are dead.. You are dead..  There is no wiggle room with Masterminds.

I'm not crazy about the Bard either..
I could care less about these costumes you can collect with these tokens.. That clearly seems like it caters to the Roleplaying community, immensely. I am guessing they are a big population on whatever server. I get it, I played with Shadowclan back in the day on Ultima Online and in WoW.

I make my payments. I've paid hundreds to play on Homecoming. I will continue to do so.

I have my own wishes and wants. But they mean nothing. I have made my suggestions. Posted my wants.. 
But this is what they put out.. 

Maybe next update.. 

13 minutes ago, plainguy said:

What happen to those pages and pages of those discord chats they had about all the archtypes and changes people discussed? 

The problem with Masterminds is you have to have THAT BUILD.. That is it.. You either have THAT BUILD to do amazing things or you don't. 
You can fight that AV.. But one one slip up and your screwed.. Pets are dead.. You are dead..  There is no wiggle room with Masterminds.

I just throw my MMs together. Sure, I always take the Leadership pool on my MMs, but that is because my pets always get the benefit. I have no idea what THAT BUILD is. MMs can overwhelm any foe that is not throwing high damage AoEs around like there is no tomorrow. If you use Bodyguard mode, mind your pets' health so you can heal them, and throw your debuffs on the Big Bad, there isn't much danger. Edit: Oh yeah. And always, always, always be ready to re-summon.

Edit again: And running away until your pets can be re-summoned is not an admission of defeat. It is buying time to finish kicking the Big Bad's face in.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 1

Personally I find MM's are kind of a high floor, low ceiling kind of AT.  They are one of the easier to play on lower to mid difficulties, you can just sit back and watch the carnage if you want.  At the same time, I find they can be very hard to play if you are going for +4/x8 or trying to do "challenge" type of stuff.  That is more when you need "the build", even moreso than most other AT's, and can need to be quick with pet commands.  Their lower level issue I think plays in to that.

And of course I find MM's tend to lag in fast moving teams just because the pets themselves tend to well...lag behind.  One of the most important changes I think they need is just giving all the pets a move speed boost.

But anyway, just my own personal feelings and they are still one of my favorite AT's.  Most of my 50's are MM, controllers, or scrappers.  So yeah, I'm also one that likes MM's.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

I just throw my MMs together. Sure, I always take the Leadership pool on my MMs, but that is because my pets always get the benefit. I have no idea what THAT BUILD is. MMs can overwhelm any foe that is not throwing high damage AoEs around like there is no tomorrow. If you use Bodyguard mode, mind your pets' health so you can heal them, and throw your debuffs on the Big Bad, there isn't much danger. Edit: Oh yeah. And always, always, always be ready to re-summon.

Edit again: And running away until your pets can be re-summoned is not an admission of defeat. It is buying time to finish kicking the Big Bad's face in.

We can agree to disagree.. That is fine.. 

People brought up several times about Mastermind taking on lvl 54 AVs..  That does NOT happen by just throwing a MM together.. 

No other AT has to run away if they have the inspirations.. A Mastermind MUST runaway to become affective again.. In a team setting.. No one is going to "WAIT" for the mastermind to reset and get his pets back.. Again not that this is a big deal in a team setting.. Because you really only need 2 to 3 maxed out players in a team.. Everyone else is literally cannon fodder and DPS additions to the team.  

BUT if waiting was a necessity then no one would want a Mastermind on their team, again fortunately it is not a necessity.. 
Again, there are so many other issues with Masterminds when compared to other Archtypes. 
But I do understand their game mechanics are much more complex being a primary pet based class compared to other archtypes. So I can understand working on Masterminds might just honestly be too hard for the Devs.. Why spend 40 hours trying to fix one thing for Masterminds when you can fix 4 things for a different archtype in the same time frame. They have to spend their FREE TIME wisely.. 

But I will reiterate, what happen to those pages and pages on all the archtypes that was dicussed on discorded. There was a debate over why discord was being used in the first place.. But they stated that was the best place to get inputs from the players..  That was the best medium at that time I guess for them. So that being said..  What happen to all that input on all the archtypes.. 

I went back and looked at those chats... I didn't see anyone ask for a bard power set..

Again I will pay as I do and maybe the next page update will have things that interest me. 
I found nothing interesting in this new update.. Sorry.. 
But again I will keep supporting Homecoming because not every update is going to be about me or several updates for that matter.. But trust me when Mastermind updates come in I will be on beta reviewing them aggressively. When Mastermind bot changes where made with the buff I was on and testing and making comments and asking question.

Pretty weird to bring up your choice to make donations multiple times. Surely you aren’t implying that your donations entitle you to some kind of special treatment.

14 hours ago, arcane said:

Pretty weird to bring up your choice to make donations multiple times. Surely you aren’t implying that your donations entitle you to some kind of special treatment.

Come on.. 

Stop.. 

That is utter nonsense and you're reaching.. 

Out EVERYTHING I said.. That is what you decide to go after?  Strawman argument ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

What it means is I understand Homecoming is NOT Plainguy's Homecoming..  And as I stated not every patch is about me.. 
But I did make it very clear I felt this abundance of costumes added and the ways to get them really seemed to be solely for the Role-player's..  And I expressed some understanding with some facts about me RPing with what used to be a very popular guild back in the days. Meaning this is what I am basing my perception of the what I see.. I have Roleplayed before in Ultima online and in WoW.  So I know what an Role-player would like. Shadowclan Roleplayed Orcs.. So in Ultima online we wore orc helms.. In WoW we played Orcs.. 

So even though you TRIED to bait me into a different argument and failed..  I am reiterating my thoughts around the costumes added.. 

What it also means is I hold no grudge towards the devs.. I will continue to support them and homecoming regardless if I disagree or am not happy with the patches and updates... 
One day I will see something that is of value to Masterminds, MAYBE..  If not.. Well, when I get tired of playing my Masterminds and petless masterminds and now Power pool builds.. I will do something else.. 

Again nice bait, but not today..

• Confused 1

MMs are fine???? 

Which other AT has to go through hurdles and hoops to function properly? 

If a Blaster finds they're too squishy, they can take defensive powers or slot IOs to get around it. If a Controller finds their holds are too slow, get +Rech bonus.

Masterminds are literally handicapped from the start. Defensive Pet IOs take up slots. Pets spawning at level 48/49 instead of at the mastermind's levels. Pets instantly scattering if there are any Rain type powers with -Afraid e.g. Ignite from Longbow or Malta and especially Caltrops good grief - zombies usually walk so slow but they suddenly turn and run like the Flash if there are caltrops.

Not to mention the immense disparity between Pet Sets. Demons, Thugs and Beasts to an extent, are fine. Survivable and put out decent damage (if you fight enemies at -1 or +0). Necromancy, Mercs? Good luck - necro has such pitiful AOE in my opinion, no exp with Mercs but I've seen posts talking about the lack of damage and wonkiness of the pets.

Secondary sets - Better choose something that can sustain and bolster your pets. What good is a debuffer MM without their pets - no damage and no surviability.

Types of content - Only sticking to kill alls. We all know masterminds are literally constrained to normal kIll from start to finish content. if you go into a speedrun or a Hami, have fun being carried by the rest of the team.

I love masterminds but they need help.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, plainguy said:

Come on.. 

Stop.. 

That is utter nonsense and you're reaching.. 

Out EVERYTHING I said.. That is what you decide to go after?  Strawman argument ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

What it means is I understand Homecoming is NOT Plainguy's Homecoming..  And as I stated not every patch is about me.. 
But I did make it very clear I felt this abundance of costumes added and the ways to get them really seemed to be solely for the Role-player's..  And I expressed some understanding with some facts about me RPing with what used to be a very popular guild back in the days. Meaning this is what I am basing my perception of the what I see.. I have Roleplayed before in Ultima online and in WoW.  So I know what an Role-player would like. Shadowclan Roleplayed Orcs.. So in Ultima online we wore orc helms.. In WoW we played Orcs.. 

So even though you TRIED to bait me into a different argument and failed..  I am reiterating my thoughts around the costumes added.. 

What it also means is I hold no grudge towards the devs.. I will continue to support them and homecoming regardless if I disagree or am not happy with the patches and updates... 
One day I will see something that is of value to Masterminds, MAYBE..  If not.. Well, when I get tired of playing my Masterminds and petless masterminds and now Power pool builds.. I will do something else.. 

Again nice bait, but not today..

Is English your first language? What in gods name are you talking about that has anything to do with what you quoted? I am so confused.