Michael "Back Alley Brawler" White for Mayor of Paragon City

Vanden

Fellow Paragonians, what has Mayor Morales done for you lately? The time has come to elect a leader who knows how to lead, a leader with the best interests of Paragon City and her citizens at heart. Michael White has served our community for over 50 years, first alongside the brave men and women of the PPD, then on the streets and in the back alleys that gave him his name. When the Rikti invaded our fair city, Michael White came out of retirement to join the fight, and after they were repelled, he kept working to train the newest generation of heroes.

Friends, how many times has Michael White stood alongside the Freedom Phalanx to defend Atlas Plaza from Lord Recluse's latest band of lackeys? How many of our brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers would not be here today if he had not fought tirelessly against the scourge of drugs and the criminals who seek to profit with them? The next time the Circle of Thorns invade city hall with a gang of evil clones, who do you want sitting behind that desk? Some pencil-pusher? Or one of the most experienced and powerful crime fighters the city has to offer? Vote Michael White for Mayor of Paragon City!

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 3

Why have the man tarnish his reputation by going into politics?  Let him retire and go home to his long suffering wife!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

My fellow Paragonians! As respectable as the Brawler may be, hasn't he earned a well-deserved rest? Today's needs and crises calls for a leader with vision! A leader with a firm grasp of the situation and the resolve to see difficult times through! Someone who knows what it means to lead! Someone who knows how to deal with the criminals in the city and teach them to fear his mighty reach! Vote for order! Vote for Stefan Richter for mayor of Paragon City!

Stefan Richter may have vision and leadership skills but he doesn't have one thing that would allow him to run for the office.  That lacking quality is primary residency in Paragon City.  He may have a vacation home in the city but his mail goes to the appropriately named Grandville. 

Edited by TNT
Spelling is a challenge
  • Thanks 1

Was trying to find someone that would be fun to make a pitch for. Thought about Marcus Cole, but there is no way anyone would not recognize that name. So thought about Gideon Ray. Except there was no pitch I could come up with that would make him sound like a reasonable choice. Was hoping somehow people wouldn't recognize Stefan Richter. I should have known better. 😄

2 hours ago, TNT said:

Stefan Richter may have vision and leadership skills but he doesn't have one thing that would allow him to run for the office.  That lacking quality is primary residency in Paragon City.  He may have a vacation home in the city but his mail goes to the appropriatlely named Grandville. 

Well now I'm just imagining Recluse in a bathrobe telling Positron "I'm sorry, I'm not really doing any schemes this week. I'm on vacation with the Missus. If you really want I can sign a note that tells Freedom Corps I was up to no good and you stopped me."

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

Was trying to find someone that would be fun to make a pitch for. Thought about Marcus Cole, but there is no way anyone would not recognize that name. So thought about Gideon Ray. Except there was no pitch I could come up with that would make him sound like a reasonable choice. Was hoping somehow people wouldn't recognize Stefan Richter. I should have known better. 😄

Should have gone for Julianne Thompson.  Though that one's probably not obscure enough, even.  Most of us have done all the story arcs too many times.

24 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I think there is someone who RPs as the mayor on Everlasting. 

I suppose that depends on their personal canon/RP group canon, yeah?  As Morales is still mayor officially in game.  Though surely retirement must beckon!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 7/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, Zeraphia said:

I personally nominate Santa Claus, because the snow effect needs to last longer!

UwQ6AeG.png

SANTA DOESN'T CONTROL THE WEATHER

THAT'S NOT PART OF HIS THING

Edited by Vanden

[Imagine I had cut and pasted Lord Recluse's speech that loops on the Grandville screens here]

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝