I remember when...

I remember my Bubbler being asked to heal....

"You have a heal, but we need another Defender with more heals.. and less attacks.. Let me see who else I can invite"

This is priceless :-D

Oh. I also recall my dark armor scrapper's shields being mutually exclusive way back when near launch....??

The memory of this fills me with hatred.

I'm so glad they abandoned that nonsense.

I remember having to pick swift, health, and stamina.

I remember Instant Healing being a toggle.

I remember a team leader booting a bubble defender because they didn't have any heals, so they were useless.

That was probably me lol :-p

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Back before the Fitness pool became inherent, and people would gloat about their set not needing it, so they saved 3 power picks.

Pre-ED, and 6-slotting stamina.

Pre-ED, and having attacks with 1 acc + 5 dmg mods.

And yeah, I remember the walking turd granite armor. :)

Taxibots.

Saying "empathy defender lfg" in broadcast would get you a half-dozen desperate group invites.

The first time taking hover, going into Perez Park and floating above groups of Hellions laughing maniacally while zapping the crap out of them.

Green line / blue line tram stations. I think there was a yellow line too, wasn't there?

Man, so many fun memories. :)

...getting a CoH comic book every month. I think I have them in box somewhere still

You can read them all online: http://www.cityofheroes.ca/media-and-downloads/comic-archive/

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I remember the old sidekicking system and dying whenever my mentor superspeeded too far ahead.  I remember the old noteriety system where you couldn't fine tune it as you can now.

The old Hollows, full stop.  The Taxibots were saints among players.

There was NO tram in the north of Steel. You had to run and dodge baddies (if you were below 14) to get to Icon for a costume change.

There was always a tram in the north end of Steel Canyon. But originally the trams at each end -- and the trams at each end of Skyway -- were completely separate loops. The tram at the north end of Steel connected to south Skyway, Talos, IP, Brickstown, and FF. while the south end tram connected to Atlas, Galaxy, Kings Row, and north Skyway.

FF didn't always have a tram.  You had to get there through Talos.  Barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways.

I remember when TFs didn't auto-exemp so you had to have someone within the level range exemp you, and you'd be kicked from the TF if they disconnected.  We once lost half a Posi team that way.

I remember having non-stacking armor toggles on Dark Armor, and I remember the first time I met a Rikti Mage, who could do virtually every damage type in the game, or at least most of them. And of course, it could mez.

I think when they revamped the Rikti Crash Site into the Rikti War Zone, added Rikti invasions, and revamped the Rikti themselves, these mobs were phased out and replaced with Rikti Magi, which were elite bosses most often seen during mothership raids.

FF didn't always have a tram.  You had to get there through Talos.  Barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways.

I remember when TFs didn't auto-exemp so you had to have someone within the level range exemp you, and you'd be kicked from the TF if they disconnected.  We once lost half a Posi team that way.

I remember having to balance teams where everyone who was SK’ed or Exemplared had to be teamed with someone in the lvl range who was not already sidekicking or examplaring soemone.  It felt like it involved a college algebra student to get it to balance...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I remember when origin enhancement stores weren't on maps, when it wasn't documented that selling enhancements at the relevant store actually got more inf, and when you had to unlike the level 30+ origin stores by doing a mission for each. I forget how many were in Brickstown and how many were in Founder's Falls, but I vividly recall having to go to FF to update my SOs more than once.

At least on Peregrine Island, the SO store was right near where you arrived, although it still required a mission.

I also remember that enhancements in origin stores were strictly given their weird names and not identified by function. You had to check to be sure, remember the color schemes, or over time remember the names.

Early on you would be kicked if you leveled up past the level range too...

I remember when origin enhancement stores weren't on maps, when it wasn't documented that selling enhancements at the relevant store actually got more inf, and when you had to unlike the level 30+ origin stores by doing a mission for each. I forget how many were in Brickstown and how many were in Founder's Falls, but I vividly recall having to go to FF to update my SOs more than once.

At least on Peregrine Island, the SO store was right near where you arrived, although it still required a mission.

I also remember that enhancements in origin stores were strictly given their weird names and not identified by function. You had to check to be sure, remember the color schemes, or over time remember the names.

I was so annoyed when you had to run a mission to unlock a store.. But, I hated that the upper levels didn't always contain all the stores even more. 

I remember why drones were put in. Very early before the aggro cap higher level tanks could taunt all of perez park into the zone in area then zone out. Any poor low level that zoned in would be dead before they finished loading.

I remember when flashbacks first started you could use the O portal inside the Ourobors area. People would place one in the same spot as the exit. You would watch people click and disappear only to pop back in seconds later.

Yeah, I remember my first Positron TF taking 9+ hours, ending at 3 AM local time in the morning. I also remember my first Dr. Q TF taking 7.5 hours (also in one sitting).

I remember learning how to window hop in King's Row because I didn't have Fly/Hover, and I had no easier way to get to the roofs to take out the Circle of Thorns that I needed for my mission to be complete.

Anyone else remember the "art" of window hopping? Before we got all sorts of cheap and easy free travel powers from like level 1?

I'm out.

Before we got all sorts of cheap and easy free travel powers from like level 1?
I remember it was like the second week the game was live.  Leveling was harder and slower.  And while certainly people had gone further along, on Liberty on that day everyone was new. 

And then someone got Hover

Something like ten or fifteen of us standing around Ms Liberty, and we all stood there watching him lift up.  Shouting hurrays, clapping, cheering, just seeing him lift slowly up in the air.

I remember finally getting hover that day and spending like an hour trying to catch the zeppelin to see if I could land on it. 

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.