best mission in game

20 hours ago, Herotu said:

I really love Keith Nance -> Jenny Adair arc(s).

I think redside's Dean MacArthur -> Leonard arc is better.  Best is doing that first and then switching to blueside for Nance -> Adair.

The nice thing about DMac->Leonard is it can end on a fairly heroic note if you want.  Plus, who doesn't want a badge called "Army of Me"?? 😈

My favorite mission arc is the Keith Nance doppelgänger one. My favorite *map* is the Frostfire finale one. I never tire of slippin’ around and skating down that ice ramp.

That said, I am curious about some of these others, such as the Dark Astoria one. I haven’t played that in over a decade, so I’d like to give it a go. What’s the first contact there?

• Like 1

If you want to do the entire run you need to visit Captain Nolan outside the PPD Station on Peregrine Island. It is an Introduction Arc that begins with a Suicide on Peregrine Island and is a very cool mini-arc in itself with some unique sets. He then Inroduces you to the first Dark Astoria Contact Heather Townshend.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

5 hours ago, Trike said:

My favorite mission arc is the Keith Nance doppelgänger one. My favorite *map* is the Frostfire finale one. I never tire of slippin’ around and skating down that ice ramp.

I wonder if it would be a lot of effort to generate new maps with those slidey elements on them? I mean... even if it's a unique feature of the Frostfire experience, surely by endgame there's no harm in a few more? Perhaps a little variety, no?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Herotu said:

I wonder if it would be a lot of effort to generate new maps with those slidey elements on them?

It shouldn't be too hard.  They apparently have the 'slidey' effect set up so that it can be applied to various surfaces.  We've seen various frozen lakes we could slide around on.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

36 minutes ago, Herotu said:

I wonder if it would be a lot of effort to generate new maps with those slidey elements on them? I mean... even if it's a unique feature of the Frostfire experience, surely by endgame there's no harm in a few more? Perhaps a little variety, no?

Maybe a one-off level 50 mission:

Contact: “Hey hero, remember back in the day when you beat up Frostfire and sent him to the Zig? Well, he’s out of prison now and looking for some payback. Oh, and he’s brought his big sister along to even the odds. Her name is Firefrost.”

• Like 2

Oh, Wretched Man! (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Seer_Marino#Oh.2C_Wretched_Man.21) is one of my favorite story arcs.  One of the few that I will read every word.

But favorite single mission?  Probably the Finale of Number Six's arc that someone else mentioned. (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Number_Six#Finale:_New_Earth)

Interestingly, I was about to start a similar thread when I saw this.  My thread: What's your favorite content and why?  Is it the story, the maps, the action, the rewards, something else?

Edited by Bionic_Flea

3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Oh, Wretched Man! (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Seer_Marino#Oh.2C_Wretched_Man.21) is one of my favorite story arcs.  One of the few that I will read every word.

But favorite single mission?  Probably the Finale of Number Six's arc that someone else mentioned. (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Number_Six#Finale:_New_Earth)

Interestingly, I was about to start a similar thread when I saw this.  My thread: What's your favorite content and why?  Is it the story, the maps, the action, the rewards, something else?

I will say I saw some mission titles that I will be looking up and doing. I need to go do some of the pi arcs also

• Thumbs Up 2

I like stuff I consider challenging and/or investing.

• Agent Watkins in Steel, I look at that as a test of my early builds.
  • The final mission from Heather Townshend in DA: another test to see if you can save both of them in time.
  • I think I have only succeeded in the Descent of the Hydra trial once or twice
  • Same for the Hamidon section of the LGTF
  • I still find Shauna Braun's arc interesting, seems like there is no right answer.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't even know what mission it is other than its low level against the Clockwork (and I don't think a story arc, definitely not Clockwork Captive) and there is wandering NPC dialog from a Clockwork that says "I Hate" followed by the name of my character (i.e. I Hate High Beam).  There is something so satisfying that these little robot creeps have that much hate for my character that they just say it while wandering around always.  Whenever I see it I just laugh.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)