best mission in game

I'm really simple. My favorite mission is Stop Rikti Assault from Levantera. It uses the huge Cap Au Diable factory map and it's one of my favorite maps to play on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

19 minutes ago, dtjunkie said:

Emotional wise - Saving her, after first not saving her.

While I enjoy the doppelganger stuff more, I'd be absolutely elated if they added another dozen or so missions like this.  It really does breathe new life into repeatable content.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Capstone, Bane Spider Ruben. You lead an army and whoop up on Longbow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Hmm.

Single Mission?

Got to be the DA finale - from the "Paragon Assemble!" moment through to the final showdown with Mot.  That's basically one long mission. Good stuff. Does well on the "Existential Threat To Everything That Is" vibes.

Favorite Arcs?

The entire line of Animus Arcana contacts. (Fireball, Trilogy, Ward, etc)

• Thumbs Up 3

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:04 PM, Luminara said:

While I enjoy the doppelganger stuff more, I'd be absolutely elated if they added another dozen or so missions like this.  It really does breathe new life into repeatable content.

Agreed. There's so much untapped potential with Ouroboros. One of my favorite episodes of Quantum Leap was when Sam thinks he's there to save President Kennedy, but really he was there to save Jackie, with Al telling him, "Your swiss-cheesed mind probably doesn't remember this, but the first time, Oswald killed Jackie too." I'd think an arc that ostensibly is about saving the original Faultline but in reality you are actually saving young Jim Temblor would be neat

Edited by dtjunkie
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:24 PM, InvaderStych said:

Hmm.

Single Mission?

Got to be the DA finale - from the "Paragon Assemble!" moment through to the final showdown with Mot.  That's basically one long mission. Good stuff. Does well on the "Existential Threat To Everything That Is" vibes.

Favorite Arcs?

The entire line of Animus Arcana contacts. (Fireball, Trilogy, Ward, etc)

That is really neat when all the heroes and villains are assembled together to face the bigger threat

Field Agent Keith Nance.  While it's not one single mission, his entire story arc never has you go back to Nance to start the next mission (there is one instance where you check in with him, but it's still part of a mission and not getting a mission) so if you do it all in one sitting you can treat it as one continuous mission.  The whole thing has you chasing an evil you through the city (one of the very few instances where a mission exits you to an entirely different zone) and it all feels frantic and somewhat seemless.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Laura Lockhart's arc.  The first time you do it, it doesn't have a happy ending.

But, if you run it again via Ouroboros, you get to rewrite the ending with the help of the Menders.

Plus you get the badge 'Guardian of Forever', which is pretty cool Star Trek reference.

I also rather like the mission where you get to throw the bad guy out the window of his office.  That was . . . unexpected.

I don't remember who the contact is.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I've had a lot of fun recently running "One Good Spider" and taking a group of PUG heroes to invade Grandville.

It's got a solid story flow without getting gimmicky, and is mainly just a good big fight against one of the harder groups in the game.

Get the Dragoon Ball. It can mean whatever you want it to mean.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I don't know the name of it, but that Vigilante to Villian tip missions where you go into Orenbega and hunt down a demon.  No spoilers, but the text of that story when taken in the context of you becoming evil gives me shivers.

One Good Spider popped in my mind right away as well.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Baby New Year - varied foes, fantastic map (ok, it's like 80% the map for me), varied mechanics as its goals change through out, a modicum of challenge with Snappy, and it's something you literally can't just steamroll, lest you lose the baby guy on your way out.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

13 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I also rather like the mission where you get to throw the bad guy out the window of his office.  That was . . . unexpected.

I don't remember who the contact is.

Shauna Braun, I think.  Independence Port Vigilante contact arc.

18 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Laura Lockhart's arc.  The first time you do it, it doesn't have a happy ending.

But, if you run it again via Ouroboros, you get to rewrite the ending with the help of the Menders.

Plus you get the badge 'Guardian of Forever', which is pretty cool Star Trek reference.

I really appreciate how well done the additions for the 'redo' are. 

If you didn't like how Laura Lockhart's arc goes, do yourself a favor and try it again through Oroboroes.  Make sure to click on the glowie in the first mission, and follow the instructions.  

Edited by laudwic