Christ, what'd they do to the Crystal Titan?

Vanden

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

I solo'd it just fine on my scrapper.

In my dreams.

If I recall correctly, it took a teamwipe or two to understand the new optional 'Master of' difficulty. Non-Master runs were always pretty easy so it's refreshing to have some harder content you can't just blitz through with Incarnate abilities. Obviously getting new 'Master' badges is a plus too.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Starforge said:

If I recall correctly, it took a teamwipe or two to understand the new optional 'Master of' difficulty. Non-Master runs were always pretty easy so it's refreshing to have some harder content you can't just blitz through with Incarnate abilities. Obviously getting new 'Master' badges is a plus too.

All the extra damage it does isn't tied to Master challenge. It's the Titan's default behavior now.

8 hours ago, Uun said:

This hasn't changed since Page 3 (almost a year ago).

Eden Trial

• You must now defeat the Rock Wall and Mold Wall to complete the Eden Trial.
  • Greater Devoured in the Eden trial will now drop Ambrosia at level 53 and 54.
  • Unique damage from the Crystal Titan attacks is now auto-hit and can only be mitigated via Ambrosia. Non-Unique damage still can be avoided with Defense.
  • Ambrosia Resistance lowered to 65% while in Master of Eden mode.
  • Expanded the level range so summoned Devouring Earth will not spawn far below the trial's level.
  • You can now only select a Titan Origin Enhancement as a reward every 18 hours like other special enhancements.
  • Completing this trial on the Master Challenge will give an even-level Titan Origin Enhancement instead of -2.

patch notes are incomplete often so a lot of people dont bother reading them.

1 hour ago, Starforge said:

if you want the challenge, run the master mode, dont mess it up for the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've always found Patch Notes to be fairly complete.

But then there's people who prefer bullet points to paragraphs.  (Maybe the devs should put Patch Notes into Powerpoint slides? /s )

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

• City Council
5 hours ago, Vanden said:

The Crystal Titan's Resistance power gives +100% ToHit:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=devouringearth.crystal_titan_powers.resistance&at=boss_archvillain

The Smashing and Energy Damage elements of its attacks might need a ToHit check, but with that much +ToHit it's essentially irrelevant. My Tanker had around 70-80% defense and was still getting hit by virtually every attack.

I checked the I24 data and that +100% ToHit is present there as well, so don't blame us for that one!

You can blame us for the autohit special damage, which IIRC was changed to be autohit so that you had to actually get Ambrosia and couldn't cheese it with stacked Barrier. Though with that +100% ToHit buff unless you've got a team with you anyway it might as well have been autohit...

• Thumbs Up 4

58 minutes ago, Number Six said:

I checked the I24 data and that +100% ToHit is present there as well, so don't blame us for that one!

You can blame us for the autohit special damage, which IIRC was changed to be autohit so that you had to actually get Ambrosia and couldn't cheese it with stacked Barrier. Though with that +100% ToHit buff unless you've got a team with you anyway it might as well have been autohit...

Who do we blame for the attack doing enough damage to oneshot people right through an active Ambrosia buff?

5 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

Who do we blame for the attack doing enough damage to oneshot people right through an active Ambrosia buff?

The Tank not holding aggro?

The player who strayed in to range/line of sight of the attack?

The player who chooses not to learn from the first death on the team who succumbed to the attack and alter their strategy?

Those are who I could think of off the top of my head.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

There's no reason to say "I think it's in the patch notes" when the patch notes are literally a click or two away. 

P2 Patch notes:

Specifics about Ambrosia and EoE:
image.png.79d40fa2071ff5a276cfa2cdde8ee761.png

Unless there exists GM trickery to edit posts without showing an edit history, there's no edit history shown so this looks to be the patch notes as presented on release.  That indeed, these buffs applied to MM pets only.

It sure didn't say that in the patch notes I saw when page 2 dropped, and again today when I copied it. I promise you, I didn't do any editing to my snip & sketch. 

Another ninja move by a GM. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• City Council
1 hour ago, Ukase said:

It sure didn't say that in the patch notes I saw when page 2 dropped, and again today when I copied it. I promise you, I didn't do any editing to my snip & sketch. 

Another ninja move by a GM. 

You sure you didn't copy the beta notes or something? The wiki page has it as well and you can check the version history to see that it always has:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Issue_27_Page_2

My memory is a little fuzzy because that was over a year and a half ago at this point, but I remember the first version in development applied to all pets, but there was a tech issue of some sort that caused problems (I kind of think it had something to do with pets that can't be affected like Phantom Army and some lores), and it had to be changed before release to specifically target mastermind pets instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The Tank not holding aggro?

The player who strayed in to range/line of sight of the attack?

The player who chooses not to learn from the first death on the team who succumbed to the attack and alter their strategy?

Those are who I could think of off the top of my head.

I would blame the short sighted people that decided it was a good idea to change the difficulty of the trial just so a few people could have their master of badge run. The devs are changing the game steadily while the people that want challenge have alw3ays had the option to give it to themselves. They dont want that, they want to change the game for everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Number Six said:

You sure you didn't copy the beta notes or something? The wiki page has it as well and you can check the version history to see that it always has:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Issue_27_Page_2

My memory is a little fuzzy because that was over a year and a half ago at this point, but I remember the first version in development applied to all pets, but there was a tech issue of some sort that caused problems (I kind of think it had something to do with pets that can't be affected like Phantom Army and some lores), and it had to be changed before release to specifically target mastermind pets instead.

I thought I was posting a reply to this ...and it disappeared. (EDIT: This had nothing to do with GMs being sneaky. Simmer down, you rebels! This was me screwing something up before I hit "submit" )
Apparently there are multiple sets of patch notes for page 2. One was from March, the other in April. The link Hedgefund posted that showed the MM references was in April's patch. 

The one I referenced was from March. 

So, the only ninja move by the GMs was over a year and a half ago when they put out a second set of patch notes that I missed. Damn shame. It was a good idea to make the insps count for pets. Too bad it didn't work out. And too bad I didn't see these notes before I wasted 90 minutes. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Haha 1

• City Council
11 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Whoever designed the trial? We didn't change the damage values -- I checked the commit log just to verify. Foot Stomp and Prism Blast always did a stupid amount of damage -- Scale 1.32 Smashing damage and Scale 3 (!) Unique1 damage. From an archvillain class enemy that's... a lot. Especially for an enemy with a +100% tohit bonus, so defense isn't going to help you much.

Ambrosia gives you 75% Res to Unique1 (or 65% if you're in Master Mode). Assuming that bit is working correctly -- it looks like it should be but might be worth double checking if it seems to be doing more damage than it should. Even with 75% that's going to be something like 480-ish special damage, and another 857 smashing on top of it. That's level 40 values, I don't remember if the experimental levelless version changed that but I think it got reverted because it never quite worked right. Oh, looks like it just got the range extended and goes up to 50 now. So it would be more damage (655 special after ambrosia, 1154 smashing) but you also get to be level 50 and have more HP.

The smashing part is not autohit, but it does have that built-in massive tohit buff, and god help you if one of the DE gets close enough to drop a Quartz.

Admittedly it was a long long time ago but I remember even on retail that crystal titan being no pushover on the squishier ATs. The strategy was always to burn it down as fast as possible with overwhelming damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Number Six said:

(655 special after ambrosia, 1154 smashing)

That's 1.5x (or more) the max hp of most ATs.  And it clearly bypasses the oneshot protection.

I stand by what I said.  Never running it again.  If putting up with that bullshit would save the world, the world can burn.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I can't decide if my favorite part of this thread is all the whinging about the GMs being evil over referencing the (obviously, BETA tag and build number in the title, posted in the Beta forum) incorrect patch notes, or the fact that the correct patch notes were pointed out in this thread 19 hours ago and no one complaining bothered to respond to the person who pointed them out.

Edited by Draeth Darkstar
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

Just now, Draeth Darkstar said:

I can't decide if my favorite part of this thread is all the whinging about the GMs being evil over referencing the (obviously, BETA tag and build number in the title) incorrect patch notes, or the fact that the correct patch notes were pointed out in this thread 19 hours ago and no one complaining bothered to respond to the person who pointed them out.

Funny how that works isn’t it?

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Number Six said:

Whoever designed the trial? We didn't change the damage values -- I checked the commit log just to verify. Foot Stomp and Prism Blast always did a stupid amount of damage -- Scale 1.32 Smashing damage and Scale 3 (!) Unique1 damage. From an archvillain class enemy that's... a lot. Especially for an enemy with a +100% tohit bonus, so defense isn't going to help you much...

einstein-have-failed-you-caysics-dexters-laboratory-60894214.png

Edited by Redletter
  • Haha 3

Resident certified baby

17 hours ago, Number Six said:

It's interesting you say cheese it with stacked barrier as pretty much all hm itf and aeon are full of those just to do it.