I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

Not when solo.  Due to two things:  1) massive hits and 2) endurance drain.  Some alts do okay, but others have prolonged fights where a pair of lucky hits flatten them.  This use to be something you could casually solo with a spare 10 minutes.

I'd be okay if they were normal elite bosses.  But getting the mummy, getting the wasting disease, and getting the witch with endurance draining zaps next... frustrating.

In the past, never fled - but now some alts pretty much have to.  And these EBs sometimes chase you across the map...

• Thumbs Up 6

That risk you described also comes with an increased reward for players above Level 25. In fact, the Elite Bosses reward is FIVE TIMES the normal experience and influence.

Halloween Event 2022

Trick-or-Treat Updates

• Five new elite boss enemies have been added to the enemy roster when Trick-or-Treating above Level 25:
    • Ancient Vampires
    • Spectral Werewolves
    • Arisen Mummies
    • Crone Matriarchs
    • Hollow Reapers
  • These new elite bosses reward five times the influence and experience when defeated.
  • These new elite bosses defeats give credit for the new and old event defeat badges for their enemy type groups.
  • Spectral Werewolf defeats count as both a werewolf and a ghost defeat.
  • Halloween Werewolf enemies will throw coffins using their Hurl power instead of boulders.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

This continued march toward making everything insanely harder is literally why I do not play anymore 

I am sure others would not play if it was same old stuff

I took part in one 800 AE arc for about ten minutes when they first cane out.  Now that the game ( badges rewards) center around this type of activity I am retreating to writing

Good luck. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

• City Council

The plan was to only have them appear when in large groups, but it turned out that the Halloween code spawns things weirdly and can't actually do that.

There wasn't enough time to fix it for this year and we had to settle for the level 25 workaround, but it's planned for that to be changed so that in the future they won't spawn when solo trick or treating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 11

What's a touch annoying (other than apparently being one-shot by some of the EBs when I can take others on) is that they seem to *completely ignore* mastermind pets. 

Example:

I had a thugs/thermal MM. High enough to get EBs, not high enough to be fully kitted out (or be at level for some of the debuffs.)

Summon, upgrade, buff.  Click door, back off. (since I was doing this for testing, but this particular MM doesn't exactly have a lot of offense other than the pets.)

The halloween critters *completely ignore the minions attacking them* to chase me. And not just a little. I can lead them *through* my minions, being the farthest thing away and only thing not attacking them... and they still chase *me* specifically. For the heck of it, I ran up, brawled a non-Halloween critter and did the same... and they paid attention to the minions once they started getting shot.

Makes supporting the henchmen a bit difficult.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

This continued march toward making everything insanely harder is literally why I do not play anymore.

To be fair, the players did spend an entire year spamming the forums with threads titled "Game too easy, brah!" So the devs listen to their audience, build in some harder content and pow! Now people are giving them grief for doing what we asked them to do.

Look, I'm the first person to give the devs grief when it's warranted, and I've got the warning points to show for it. You know that! But, c'mon! You're literally giving the devs a hard time for doing what we asked them to do.

Besides, you can avoid the harder content. I don't play the challenge modes. Never have. I just keep playing scanner missions with my friends or missions in Dark Astoria. Same thing I did before all of this hard mode stuff was added.

• Like 5

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

To be fair, the players did spend an entire year spamming the forums with threads titled "Game too easy, brah!" So the devs listen to their audience, build in some harder content and pow! Now people are giving them grief for doing what we asked them to do.

Look, I'm the first person to give the devs grief when it's warranted, and I've got the warning points to show for it. You know that! But, c'mon! You're literally giving the devs a hard time for doing what we asked them to do.

Besides, you can avoid the harder content. I don't play the challenge modes. Never have. I just keep playing scanner missions with my friends or missions in Dark Astoria. Same thing I did before all of this hard mode stuff was added.

you can avoid halloween trick or treating? It was a few loudmouths whining about wanting challenge when they had the option to add it for themselves. The direction of the game is becoming unwelcoming for those that dont want annoying changes to the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ivanhedgehog said:

you can avoid halloween trick or treating?

I sure can! In fact, I haven't done any trick or treating at all this year.

1 hour ago, ivanhedgehog said:

The direction of the game is becoming unwelcoming for those that dont want annoying changes to the game.

Scroll up about 4 posts and read what Six wrote. You're complaining about a problem that the devs are already working on fixing.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 5

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 hours ago, MrSnottyPants said:

And these EBs sometimes chase you across the map...

I hate fighting the mummy, so if one spawns after I've received the badge, I've started running away, but I found that just hopping up to the top of a nearby building was a better solution.  Arisen Homeboy can't jump.  Probably works on the vampire, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I never asked for harder content.

Get real, I have a number of bitch threads active.  NONE of them are about hard mode content.  (Although the point in Brute thread about irresistible damage patches is tangential.  In my first response above I noted some people want it.  I do not, so I am voting with my undead feet.

The hard mode content offers rewards (and badges!) and it is where the best players are going.  There are only so many PUG Synapses I will run on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starforge said:

Good news, all of the harder content is entirely OPTIONAL.

self limiting away from badges, rewards, and playing with the best players.  yep, optional.

Look, I just posted in Dark Dark Tank in Tank thread. THis thing is a beast. 90% plus resistances in everything except Energy (which is high) before Alpha Incarnate slot.

This Tank just Tanked Lord Recluse (solo, team was busy) in a Ms Liberty Master Run.  (We failed, suicidal Blaster) But the Tank did fine.  I was told by Tank Forum the Tank is not tough enough.  This Tank is based as a mirror image of a Dark Dark Brute I ran for 6 months non stop in everything.  Which means the Brute has lower resists and survivability.  Brute is a buzz saw.  Or was. Still in my Roster, but can it take the punishment of the ultra hard mode content that is now the norm?

But the Devs are now building to content that is restricted to certain perfect sets and builds.  You can tank a Master Ms Liberty?  Old news.  Can you tank an 899 AE and the new content on FU mode?  Then back to MiDs baby.

Edited by Snarky
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

To be fair, not everyone spams asking for harder content, but devs listened to those that did and the people who don't want harder content have just as much right to spam their opinions in hopes of being listened to.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I never asked for harder content.

A lot of people did, particularly ones that have been playing the game since 2004 where all they had to do with their fully tricked out characters was running the same piss easy story arcs.

it seems like here lately people are coming on this forum just to bitch and moan about every little change and it is exhausting. Harder content is optional, whether you like it or not, going after badges and getting extra rewards is all optional.

It’s there for the players that want to take advantage of their maxed out characters and want something a little bit harder. I think that is great that we finally have that in this game.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Starforge said:

A lot of people did, particularly ones that have been playing the game since 2004 where all they had to do with their fully tricked out characters was running the same piss easy story arcs.

it seems like here lately people are coming on this forum just to bitch and moan about every little change and it is exhausting. Harder content is optional, whether you like it or not, going after badges and getting extra rewards is all optional.

It’s there for the players that want to take advantage of their maxed out characters and want something a little bit harder. I think that is great that we finally have that in this game.

Very few AT, powersets and builds can handle the new content.  Beam Rifle Blasters, Invul Tankers and no Masterminds, no Brutes, no Dominators is not stepping up the game.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Snarky said:

Very few AT, powersets and builds can handle the new content.  Beam Rifle Blasters, Invul Tankers and no Masterminds, no Brutes, no Dominators is not stepping up the game.  

I literally only play a human form PB which is about as mid as you can get and I do perfectly fine.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Masterminds do fine on Hard Modes.
I've taken brutes, Dominators, and even at least 1 Invul to HMs.

And I was spamming the shit out of the HMs when they came out respectively. Dominators AND controllers are key to lessening the pain of 3/4 stars.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

13 minutes ago, Starforge said:

So when people say the game content is too easy, they're just asking for things to be more challenging...

But when people don't like changes because it's too hard and they did not ask for that, they're bitching and moaning about every little change?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

56 minutes ago, Player2 said:

So when people say the game content is too easy, they're just asking for things to be more challenging...

But when people don't like changes because it's too hard and they did not ask for that, they're bitching and moaning about every little change?

Well, is the harder content being forced on anyone? I don’t recall a game-wide increase in difficulty for everything; just optional challenges you can set for certain specific content.

To clarify, I was talking about the handful of folks here that seemingly exist to whine about every change/update this server has seen since 2019. If you aren’t one of those folks, good news, I’m not referring to you in that previous post lol. For those that do fall in that category well I suppose the thumbs down reacts speak for themselves.

Edited by Starforge
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Masterminds do fine on Hard Modes.
I've taken brutes, Dominators, and even at least 1 Invul to HMs.

And I was spamming the shit out of the HMs when they came out respectively. Dominators AND controllers are key to lessening the pain of 3/4 stars.

Masterminds were carries in many badge runs for Incarnate Trials BEFORE the new Hard Mode content 

Now I am supposed to believe they are pulling the same weight as a Blaster.  Hmmmm I do not believe you. 

• Like 2

If you don't want to fight the new ToT EBs you can just cross the street til they despawn. They despawn quickly if you don't engage them.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 minutes ago, Starforge said:

Well, is the harder content being forced on anyone? I don’t recall a game-wide increase in difficulty for everything; just optional challenges you can set for certain specific content.

To clarify, I was talking about the handful of folks here that seemingly exist to whine about every change/update this server has seen over since 2019. If you aren’t one of those folks, good news, I’m not referring to you in that previous post lol.

Nope, sorry... unfair.

The handful of people who wanted the much harder content must also be referred to as bitching and moaning for what they want or what you said constitutes as insulting one group of players while treating another group favorably or at least neutral.  I do not approve of this kind of behavior.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1