I have had a blast running a dark/ninjitsu sentinal!

Rejoicer

Back when COH was still live I was into alts and had all sorts, except for SR. Also they didn't have the sentinal archtype back then and so you were either confined to having little defense (blaster) or low offense (defender) if you wanted a ranger attacker.

So when I came back, I decided to try out the new class and something I hadn't done before. And it has been a blast!

I basically took a dark (recolored so he actually blinds people with light)  / Ninjitsu sentinal with the following pools:

sorcery (fly/teleport in one handy power called mystic flight)

combat leaping (harder to hit and and good combat speed)

super speed (hasten + SS + steath)

hover (extra defense, combat flight at low end).

Quite to my surprise my character (BrightFyre526) has turned out to be incredibly fun to run as well as incredibly powerful and tough with a lot of flexibility as shown below:

1. Incredibly hard to hit! [Think spiderman]

Dark (- to hit) combined with Ninjitsu (+DEF) makes it so I almost never get hit! Seriously the synergy is incredible.

2. Best in and out of movement package I have ever seen.

In combat I can easily outmaneuver pretty much any opponent I have run up against, shooting my attacks off as I leap over their heads or fly out of range or in one case, kite the charging tank and then teleport to the other end of the corridor, rinse and repeat.

3. Sneaker than a stalker! [Or at least on par]

My secondary comes with a nice combo speed boast + stealth field + defense which combined with SS means I am pretty much unnoticed unless I attack or want to be. In fact I sometimes have to turn some of my powers off just so NPC victims can see and follow me.

4. Bowling for villains!

One of my old time favorites was energy attacks so I could watch people go flying. Yet the dark set comes with a beautiful power called umbral torrent that not only allows me to debuff a charging horde of minions, but almost 100% send them and their bosses flying! One of my favorite tactics to is use my superior speed to pull back as they charge causing the mob to line up in a nice row and then nuke them with my cone AOE attack.

5. Snipers anyone?

The dark set has a nice sniper shot that is fast charging, debuffs their chance to hit you and hits like a tank with good range.  Needless to say, between that and umbral torrent my enemies are seriously debuffed (and often dead if no boss to soak up the sniper shot) before they even get in range of me. That is if I allow them to get in range.

6. Stamina heal!

Unlike a lot of power sets, between a couple of IOs in Stamina and the stamina heal from the ninjitsu set, I never have to really worry about running out of energy which in COH is REALLY NICE! I can run my toggle defense powers, my combat jumping, my hover and cycle thru my usual 3 shot cycle and never worry. Indeed, I can actually fight while having both my mystic flight and super speed running at the same time in addition! Although I have to be more careful in that case and use my maneuverability to occasionally pull back around a corner for a sec.

7. Healing, Yes!

Did I mention that the Ninjitsu set also has a decent heal? It does and yet, I almost never need it due to (cough, cough ) seldom getting hit. However when I have gotten mobbed, it has saved my bacon long enough for me to teleport out of trouble and then bounce around a corner.

Oh and did I also mention the 3rd shot in my attack sequence is Life drain that damages them, debuffs them and heals me at the same time!

8. Bombs away!

Oh and of course there is the Blackstar PBAOE at level 32 that at level 33 ( 3 extra slots) does wonders for nuking and debuffing everyone around me. When I am with a group drawing aggro, I will literally leap into the middle of the mob, set off my AOE debuff, high damage bomb, then leap right out to the back lines and continue my normal attack cycle.

9. Attack Plan?

When soloing, which by the way is the easiest I have ever seen with this build, I will normally use the following setup:

a. Sneak up to a good position

b. Sniper the boss/leut if one for massive damage and to debuff their chance to hit me

c. Umbral torrent the local mob sending them flying and debuffing them

d. Life drain the nearest one for health and, yes, more debuffs!

e. Maneuver to set them up for my next attack cycle or pull back if too many are near to string them out

f. Rinse and repeat until END hits the 50% point

g. Fire off my END heal to go back to full power

h. if my health gets less than 50%, fire off my big heal to take me back up to full

i. if getting too many mobs on me, use speed/ teleport to break line of sight, then super speed / teleport to a new ambush point and repeat.

In conclusion the DB/N sentinal is to me the superhero type I've always wanted in COH, able to attack from range, but not afraid to mix it up in melee and tough enough to take it. And Ninjitsu and Dark Blast together have a lot of synergy leading to a combo that is much more powerful than either of them separately. Just having high DEF, ala SR doesn't really cut it. But throw in DB and Ninjitsu 's superior power set and you have yourself a winner! Not to mention that it can also sneak (handy in some missions!) and go pretty much anywhere.

Back when COH was still live I was into alts and had all sorts, except for SR. Also they didn't have the sentinal archtype back then and so you were either confined to having little defense (blaster) or low offense (defender) if you wanted a ranger attacker.

So when I came back, I decided to try out the new class and something I hadn't done before. And it has been a blast!

I basically took a dark (recolored so he actually blinds people with light)  / Ninjitsu sentinal with the following pools:

Quite to my surprise my character (BrightFyre526) has turned out to be incredibly fun to run as well as incredibly powerful and tough with a lot of flexibility as shown below:

Dark (- to hit) combined with Ninjitsu (+DEF) makes it so I almost never get hit! Seriously the synergy is incredible.

In combat I can easily outmaneuver pretty much any opponent I have run up against, shooting my attacks off as I leap over their heads or fly out of range or in one case, kite the charging tank and then teleport to the other end of the corridor, rinse and repeat.

My secondary comes with a nice combo speed boast + stealth field + defense which combined with SS means I am pretty much unnoticed unless I attack or want to be. In fact I sometimes have to turn some of my powers off just so NPC victims can see and follow me.

4. Bowling for villains!

One of my old time favorites was energy attacks so I could watch people go flying. Yet the dark set comes with a beautiful power called umbral torrent that not only allows me to debuff a charging horde of minions, but almost 100% send them and their bosses flying! One of my favorite tactics to is use my superior speed to pull back as they charge causing the mob to line up in a nice row and then nuke them with my cone AOE attack.

5. Snipers anyone?

The dark set has a nice sniper shot that is fast charging, debuffs their chance to hit you and hits like a tank with good range.  Needless to say, between that and umbral torrent my enemies are seriously debuffed (and often dead if no boss to soak up the sniper shot) before they even get in range of me. That is if I allow them to get in range.

6. Stamina heal!

Unlike a lot of power sets, between a couple of IOs in Stamina and the stamina heal from the ninjitsu set, I never have to really worry about running out of energy which in COH is REALLY NICE! I can run my toggle defense powers, my combat jumping, my hover and cycle thru my usual 3 shot cycle and never worry. Indeed, I can actually fight while having both my mystic flight and super speed running at the same time in addition! Although I have to be more careful in that case and use my maneuverability to occasionally pull back around a corner for a sec.

7. Healing, Yes!

Did I mention that the Ninjitsu set also has a decent heal? It does and yet, I almost never need it due to (cough, cough ) seldom getting hit. However when I have gotten mobbed, it has saved my bacon long enough for me to teleport out of trouble and then bounce around a corner.

Oh and did I also mention the 3rd shot in my attack sequence is Life drain that damages them, debuffs them and heals me at the same time!

8. Bombs away!

Oh and of course there is the Blackstar PBAOE at level 32 that at level 33 ( 3 extra slots) does wonders for nuking and debuffing everyone around me. When I am with a group drawing aggro, I will literally leap into the middle of the mob, set off my AOE debuff, high damage bomb, then leap right out to the back lines and continue my normal attack cycle.

9. Attack Plan?

When soloing, which by the way is the easiest I have ever seen with this build, I will normally use the following setup:

b. Sniper the boss/leut if one for massive damage and to debuff their chance to hit me

e. Maneuver to set them up for my next attack cycle or pull back if too many are near to string them out

h. if my health gets less than 50%, fire off my big heal to take me back up to full

i. if getting too many mobs on me, use speed/ teleport to break line of sight, then super speed / teleport to a new ambush point and repeat.

In conclusion the DB/N sentinal is to me the superhero type I've always wanted in COH, able to attack from range, but not afraid to mix it up in melee and tough enough to take it. And Ninjitsu and Dark Blast together have a lot of synergy leading to a combo that is much more powerful than either of them separately. Just having high DEF, ala SR doesn't really cut it. But throw in DB and Ninjitsu 's superior power set and you have yourself a winner! Not to mention that it can also sneak (handy in some missions!) and go pretty much anywhere.

Rolled one up tonight based on your conveyed excitement, and I caught the fever! Remaking an old main into this.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Yep, put a build up on Beta server, Dark/Ninjutsu/Soul...

Has everything I could want. Capped defense, stealth, complete mezz protection, end recovery, two heals, some minor resistances, extra speed for delayed travel powers, ranged attacks with -to hit, AOE KD cone, ranged AoE, solid attack chain, debuff toggle, AoE immobilize, ST hold. So adds some nice controls and debuffs on the side for grouping.

Even better, was about to come up with a great costume and bio to support all that!

If I get around to it I'll post a build to compare. :)

I took a closer look at Sentinel Dark Blast all thanks to this thread. What a great port, and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Dark Blast, Gloom, Abyssal Gaze, and Antumbral Beam all by level 18 for a good attack chain.  Life Drain as an optional support tool if you like.  Umbral Torrent and Dark Obliteration with nice DPA for AoE attacks.  Blackstar for a massive -to hit debuff and solid damage at the cost of being a PBAoE.  It's a really solid all around set. 

/Nin for Sentinels is a lot of fun.  Shinobi-Iri is probably my favorite power out of the set.  You get a run and jump boost, stealth, slight defense to all positionals, and 20% bonus damage when attacking from stealth.  My ground movement (Pistols/Nin) is nearly as fast as Super Jump's default forward momentum. 

Here's my current leveling build. Only one IO, which is the KB to KD IO from Overwhelming Force set, which you can get from Summer Blockbuster mission reward.

Even mostly unslotted (I don't slot until I hit level 22 and start making 25 IOs) it is good on END thanks to the END recovery power.

Have fun!

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Death Note: Level 50 Magic Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Dark Blast

Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Dark Blast

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (3) Damage Increase IO
  • (3) Damage Increase IO
  • (5) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (5) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (7) Range IO

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes

• (A) Defense Buff IO
  • (7) Defense Buff IO
  • (9) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 2: Gloom

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (9) Damage Increase IO
  • (11) Damage Increase IO
  • (11) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (13) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (13) Range IO

Level 4: Danger Sense

• (A) Defense Buff IO
  • (15) Defense Buff IO
  • (15) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 6: Shinobi-Iri

• (A) Defense Buff IO
  • (17) Defense Buff IO
  • (17) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 8: Hover

• (A) Freebird - +Stealth

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (19) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 12: Umbral Torrent

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (19) Damage Increase IO
  • (21) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (21) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (23) Range IO
  • (23) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 14: Mystic Flight

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo

• (A) Endurance Modification IO
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18: Antumbral Beam

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (25) Damage Increase IO
  • (25) Damage Increase IO
  • (27) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (27) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (29) Range IO

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha

• (A) Healing IO
  • (29) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 22: Dark Obliteration

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (31) Damage Increase IO
  • (31) Damage Increase IO
  • (33) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (33) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (33) Range IO

Level 24: Aim

Level 26: Maneuvers

• (A) Defense Buff IO
  • (34) Defense Buff IO
  • (34) Defense Buff IO
  • (34) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (45) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (45) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 28: Bo Ryaku

• (A) Resist Damage IO

Level 30: Abyssal Gaze

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (36) Hold Duration IO
  • (37) Hold Duration IO
  • (37) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (37) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (39) Range IO

Level 32: Tactics

• (A) To Hit Buff IO
  • (46) To Hit Buff IO
  • (46) To Hit Buff IO
  • (46) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (48) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 35: Blackstar

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (36) Damage Increase IO
  • (36) Damage Increase IO
  • (39) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (39) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (40) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 38: Soul Tentacles

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (40) Damage Increase IO
  • (40) Damage Increase IO
  • (42) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (42) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (42) Range IO

Level 41: Darkest Night

• (A) To Hit Debuff IO
  • (43) To Hit Debuff IO
  • (43) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (43) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (45) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (48) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 44: Vengeance

• (A) Defense Buff IO

Level 47: Kuji-In Retsu

Level 49: Victory Rush

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Health

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Empty
  • (50) Empty

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1435;590;1180;HEX;|
|78DA6554DB8ED250143D052AC3658661981B9D295346EE60071CDF4D14C7A8C08CF|
|201A4618E502565423B893EFA03BEF81F3EFA1F26DEE29B1FE0E5CDC4C4E0B66715|
|2D6DA08BAEBDD7DAABA7A7749FB593AFEFBEB8C9A4B5DB13C3B6077D6E39A6C5277|
|2D71899434647BCCD0D67ACF5A60E8FD2A5E2750C1E19D6889FEB6D63F674708BC4|
|4E76516AF3C7DCB2B9DE33AD27A6635FB2C4D9743AD14F26E668EC24DDDFFDE96CC|
|867CF53EE45871BE77C668FCD0B513C311D8BDBB672E7C21CEA0BD7FEF47232E8D2|
|20D2ED5294027DDF96198EB9CC1482568485543F46F2C0BAC02B3581F72A8492AB0|
|DB11C6AC015683E96D142FE12FC57E01BF710BD49F827E17F9FFCC3F00FC377CD43|
|681E508F8C1E19B5750FD113A3758F8A1E16FD2DB95C877431E92F39976298BB017|
|C53652C81CC0964DE40D64DF46CC27B1B59B7BF845D7C55646C5568D92A7ABA342B|
|25B8504A135CABEEC74FB44E69CC4C63E6AEEA4705BD0A7CF731BB47FE19F8670AA|
|8A13707FC40FE5BF0DF827F4EF5A3065F0D1A0DFEEF49BB837BDA412D4D6B9A156B|
|2A67B1DEF965845F63094F29EF1E9EC75E4370EF68868A7C2AF25D2D0A2C78087D0|
|1194AC897A12C07C872705D70D79611DAA325FC4C730F31F7D09BABFAB184DE12E6|
|96813F699F14A12D425B56FD5885B60A4D15997F91B6026DE55870350FF37E6C407|
|BE4ED3DBADF3A9E471D6BFD90CC74703AFA5E52B826B826F6DD7E64F1BED3870E56|
|0B30CD00D30A30C701E64680E90498B3C8E2DF80492E135BA7775C30F3AF71AA4AF|
|F57BF07986F01E6C73F46124CCB3DFF0106D4DB98|

Ninjitsu also works great with Pistols! I just ranted about this is another post, so I won't get into all the details here, but it's amazing fun!

Project Manager, Haphazard Projects

Founder of the L.A.U.G.H. SG

"If you don't laugh at yourself, someone else will laugh at you first!"

4. Bowling for villains!

5. Snipers anyone?

6. Stamina heal!

7. Healing, Yes!

8. Bombs away!

9. Attack Plan?

In conclusion the DB/N sentinal is to me the superhero type I've always wanted in COH, able to attack from range, but not afraid to mix it up in melee and tough enough to take it. And Ninjutsu and Dark Blast together have a lot of synergy leading to a combo that is much more powerful than either of them separately. Just having high DEF, ala SR doesn't really cut it. But throw in DB and Ninjitsu 's superior power set and you have yourself a winner! Not to mention that it can also sneak (handy in some missions!) and go pretty much anywhere.

[glow=red,2,300]I just want to thank you![/glow]  I was trying to make a scrapper or sentinel but was unable to find a power pool combination that I liked.  Something that I actually enjoyed playing but I just couldn't build anything that felt right as far as a mix of powers and they never "FELT?" right in general when playing them.  So I went Dark/Ninja Scrapper after seeing your post and it finally clicked for me.  I fully plan on making a Water/ or Dark/ Sentinel with /Ninjutsu.  But that's after I mission level my Scrapper to 50.  I am a new player btw and this will be my 1st character I will be "completing" the game with and it has been honestly the first combination I actually have fun with.

Pretty much this. I shelved my MMs to keep leveling my Dark/Ninjutsu sentinel. I should post a build for review. So far I slotted basic IOs, with a few exceptions:

Celerity +Stealth (stalker-esque invis)

OF's KD proc in Torrent.

Both of these had a big impact in gameplay.

I'll spend 100 merits shortly to get the Gladiators +global defense in a little bit.

Ticks all my check boxes, and I have fun leaving the charge on with my KD cone on groups. I slotted for dinner Range in my cone, otherwise I am okay with the skirmish ranges.

UPDATE: I've now gotten my DB/NIN to 50 and picked up the first 3 incarnates and it feels like he's a combination tank/blaster/stalker! Some of the things I have noticed:

1. Slot those +End/+HP/+Regen solo's like Numina's and forget about your END and HP worries.

Even with Maneuvers, Assault and Tactics running (AOE buffs to me and team) together with my travel powers and toggle defenses I hardly ever see my END and HP bars ever budge while I'm shooting off my attacks non stop.

2. Slot the Sets that give Mez protection and extra DEF and RES.

Against almost any mez effect I am pretty much immune and my KB resistance is off the charts. This means that I can run around and not worry about such. And the few times I actually get targeted, I just pop my Psi defense which also breaks me free and keep on trucking.

3. Love the recharge enhancers!

Between luck of the gambler (x4) and various sets that give recharge bonuses and the usual perma-hasten, anything that tries to slow me down is dead before I notice the effect. I am literally jumping around in combat under fire as if it wasn't combat making it easy for me to kite enemies and jump out of an AV's psychic Tornado or the equivalent. Slow? I LAUGH at slow attacks. (I'm looking at you ice!)

4. Stealth is your friend and their nightmare

Between Nin's steath, SS stealth and stealth from thing's like the  movement powers I can walk right up to a mob and until I power up my AIM prior to my nuke they act as if I am not there. Great for me, HURTS them.

5. Invulnerable? YES!

Stealth, NUKE for -to hit and you can stand in the mob just dodging their attacks for quite a while making you essentially invulnerable since if none of their attacks hit, none of their special effects hurt you either and you are taking 0 damage. Did I mention my HP bar not moving? And when they do hit, I have enough RES (30%+) that I can easily take it and immediately heal up between my HP heal and Life Drain.

6. Opportunity attacks are your friend.

When you drop the AOE nuke from stealth, you automatically go to full opportunity attack which means the next few attacks devastate whatever is still standing. Especially if you have an incarnate judgment nuke to follow up with and the +33% DAM from Muscular. (ouch!)

7. Solo friendly? YES!

I have soloed everything from level 1 to 50 and basically even when they say you need a team I can go all superman and just cruise thru it with a little planning and luck. No other build I have used in the past is as much fun and all round flexible as this one. Most other builds there are some opponents I would be leary of soloing their bases. With this one, it's I don't care what your powers are, you AREN'T going to hit me and I am going to crush you!

Sentinels don't have snipes though...

True, however with my stealth allowing me to set up my attacks at range, A-beam sure "feels" like a snipe. The range is good enough with enhancers and the damage, especially boosted, is more than enough to "one shot" most non boss enemies at my level and one shot even bosses when they are -3 to me.

That being said, I wouldn't mid adding a snipe, however I haven't seen one in the various epic or anc pools.

Here's my current build

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

BrightFyre526: Level 50 Natural Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Dark Blast

Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Dark Blast

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes

• (A) Defense Buff IO
  • (5) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (37) Karma - Defense/Endurance
  • (39) Karma - Defense/Recharge
  • (39) Karma - Knockback Protection

Level 2: Danger Sense

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (3) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (3) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (5) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (39) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (40) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 4: Mystic Flight

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (7) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (7) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • (45) Freebird - Endurance
  • (46) Freebird - FlySpeed
  • (46) Freebird - +Stealth

Level 6: Shinobi-Iri

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (9) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (40) Kismet - Defense/Endurance
  • (40) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 8: Umbral Torrent

• (A) Siphon Insight - ToHit Debuff
  • (9) Siphon Insight - Accuracy/ToHit Debuff
  • (11) Siphon Insight - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (11) Siphon Insight - ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Siphon Insight - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Siphon Insight - Chance for +ToHit

Level 10: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (13) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (15) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (15) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (17) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (36) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 12: Kuji-In Rin

• (17) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 14: Hasten

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (23) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge
  • (34) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (42) Performance Shifter - EndMod

Level 18: Antumbral Beam

• (A) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (23) Devastation - Damage/Endurance
  • (25) Devastation - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Devastation - Chance of Hold

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (27) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 22: Super Speed

• (A) Celerity - Endurance
  • (29) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 24: Combat Jumping

Level 26: Life Drain

• (A) Theft of Essence - Healing
  • (29) Theft of Essence - Healing/Recharge
  • (31) Theft of Essence - Accuracy/Healing
  • (31) Theft of Essence - Accuracy/Endurance/Healing
  • (31) Theft of Essence - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Theft of Essence - Chance for +Endurance

Level 28: Bo Ryaku

• (A) Aegis - Resistance
  • (42) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (42) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance

Level 30: Maneuvers

Level 32: Blackstar

• (A) Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (33) Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (33) Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity
  • (37) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff

Level 35: Burnout

Level 38: Kuji-In Retsu

Level 41: Assault

• (46) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 44: Tactics

Level 47: Spirit Ward

• (A) Healing IO

Level 49: Rune of Protection

• (A) Impervious Skin - Resistance/Endurance
  • (50) Impervious Skin - Resistance/Recharge
  • (50) Impervious Skin - Status Resistance
  • (50) Impervious Skin - Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

Level 1: Health

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (19) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration
  • (43) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (43) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (43) Miracle - Heal

Level 1: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 1: Stamina

• (19) Endurance Modification IO
  • (45) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (45) Endurance Modification IO

Level 1: Swift

• (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 50: Musculature Boost

Level 50: Void Judgement

Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Interface

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1475;695;1390;HEX;|
|78DA65945B4F134114C767BB8B85D252DA726B4B815EA0B440A50A3E6A82A00129A|
|224BE360D8CB0DA94665B1279F42328893EF924375F7CC4AFE0AB51BCA01FC04404|
|D4C44B94D493FD9FB6846ED2FC76FE33E79CFF9C9D69EADEB8FDF9D5FB9784D2743|
|99B2914D2733257D473326B9DC914578C4C56D0E31833F4C5A5E29555438E9EBB60|
|25C5575E96BE99C92DCA85C478C6B89B1EA30C456F656A5CDE96B9824CCCE8B93B7|
|AB1B022ECB3CBCBD9C4DCB2312F8D551B06792917A04FCB4C5ECF2D3ACB83056914|
|96F4BC6F22AFCF272A4927B2723E9DA23A94A2839CF4D1EF5554F05312E20921A98|
|9C9FE8AA6892E685AAB6232F293C6014DF4FD62FE06A72846414C9DF24335D75A0E|
|9887A07604F67D03A3DFC1B55E215405B1EA9EC5D4CE7C647E0207FFA2FED03FE63|
|1788DEAD62156AD638FF5C7F014FDC3F4A3CE4E4C082BD7B15AA1D5D783B606A60D|
|B43782613BB84B7D6AE0FD35ACC3937D036CDA646E81CDDB60F819384D1E1BCDEE9|
|494C601F4B39919A223E1405E8B83B596534C51BC136B54E763E46C5B0383BC26F6|
|10E3F7E4D3C53E5D4F09515ABB0E766C303741DF1618DE0667A88E87BD783E63DFB|
|E2FAA3917DCE77E90DF56AC515AADA8D9198487369A6BE7B3D4CEDFE203F9F172CF|
|BD0ED5FC1E9D4D609793D9CC74811137789DFCF8116BF18F205FAC5D31E762A318B|
|BA866803D07B8E659F653E61E79E8E69E74EF6AA6D6F396F986F91A0CBE03233BD8|
|9BA54D8810EF29C4BDBE41BE7A59EB65CD4D3EFAB92FFD5C7788E9A1B9019E1B38E|
|5ED01254A70AE4404DFE11169C37CA687BDD86FD2C70C30FD60A776E2FE96E811F1|
|1A65B84649D628E76B94911A65BA4699D52AB75E283DD8D1A14DB048FF1E538AB92|
|3F745B88D07718AE2B7F0A5E293983FA8C6A08D347754D554C1B9DDCC41BE05833C|
|FE7A323E0CED255D8324B452A4A5FAFEC2537DFF0F4B68E30D|

BrightFyre_Incarnate_export.txt

Displaying BrightFyre_Incarnate_export.txt.

Rejoicer- what do you plan on using Burnout for in your build? Two Blackstars/Kyoyo’s in a row?

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Rejoicer- what do you plan on using Burnout for in your build? Two Blackstars/Kyoyo’s in a row?

Exactly!

I use Burnout and Kuji-In Retsu as my "Yikes they are tougher than I thought! buttons"

Usually I never need to touch them even when soloing "you need a team" missions.

However there are times when you suddenly feel the need for POWER at which point I

A. hit my Kuji-In Retsu for "I am invulnerable for a bit and do SERIOUS damage" mode

B. fire off my AIM, Nuke, Incarnate Judgment AOE for MASSIVE damage

C. Fire off my END heal and HP heal since if I am hitting the panic button, I likely need them

D. Then hit Burnout to immediately be able to do it again with the heals and super buff available if I need them.

Needless to say, this has saved my bacon more than once when soloing or even when grouping when the AV suddenly decides you are more of a problem than the tank or someone aggroed an extra mob or two.

I made one as well...  It is almost exactly like the build Rejoicer posted on this thread:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,5534.0.html

Nihil Umbra was born (same name as my Void Elf Shadow Priest in WoW).  And MAN, what a tanky build.  Not TOO many attacks, but heals, useful to a team, and decent damage on single target AND AoEs.

Now, no Epic Power pool, but I don't really think it needs one.

~Beorn

*EDIT* - Rejoicer, I just noticed you posted your build above as well.  THANK YOU for an amazingly fun, surprisingly versatile and hardy build!

I have a few questions, what incarnates do you recommend for all 6 powers (so, beyond the musculature, void and diamagnetic powers)?  Also, if you were to "trick" this build out with purples, could you?  Would you?  If influence were no object?

I love ALL Archetypes, but prefer to play them Blue-Side.