Thanks, GMs!

Luminara

Man, the GMs are working overtime this week.  It's a good thing they're people of a singular focus, of commitment, of sheer fucking will.  That they're not the bogeymen, they're the people we call to kill the fucking bogeyman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• City Council
14 minutes ago, Luminara said:

That they're not the bogeymen, they're the people we call to kill the fucking bogeyman.

quietly sneaks out from under Luminara's bed

• Haha 7
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

And it's a sisyphean task to try to block them at the source, because of all the ways to spoof both IP address and MAC address; with the limited connection data you get, you can't extract anything immutable that uniquely identifies the originating computer.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

And it's a sisyphean task to try to block them at the source, because of all the ways to spoof both IP address and MAC address; with the limited connection data you get, you can't extract anything immutable that uniquely identifies the originating computer.

Indeed.  Makes me long for the days of Usenet, when we could grab an IP address, do a reverse lookup and pay a visit to the spammer in person.

Quote of the Day | The Love Pirate

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems an odd choice for a scam when you consider airline prices and computer glitches getting a ton of flights canceled recently.  We dont need a scam to lose money to an airline,  just book a legit flight and it will likely be canceled.

Crumpet is working over time though,  homecoming should double whatever they are paying him 😉.

Seconded(I am aware others beat me to it but…uh…shuddup :P)

Especially given these…*shudders* spammers. Cant even stand the stuff in a can. 

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

• City Council
1 minute ago, Snarky said:

I needed this phone number to gmail though.  I been trying to reach them for twenty four years about fake blood offers in my email.  I send them letters.  No response!

if I recall correctly, their real number is 555-THE-GOOG

• Like 1

I am beginning to wonder how profitable they believe this is. There are certainly better ways to make money. But it must work at least sometimes or else they wouldn't keep doing it, similar to those telephone scammers.

"Yes, I am a foreign prince. I want to give you this pile of money but you have to pay the import fees. Send X to this account please. This is legitimate, I promise."

PS - I just noticed that all these different supposed Airlines all somehow seem to have the exact same phone number. That's not suspicious at all whatsoever.

Edited by Neiska
Added PS

7 minutes ago, Neiska said:

That's not suspicious at all whatsoever.

Just call the Not At All Suspicious Airline Booking Company, and we'll not only get you the cheapest air fare, but relieve you of the crippling state of possessing surplus funds in your bank account!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Neiska said:

I am beginning to wonder how profitable they believe this is. There are certainly better ways to make money. But it must work at least sometimes or else they wouldn't keep doing it, similar to those telephone scammers.

"Yes, I am a foreign prince. I want to give you this pile of money but you have to pay the import fees. Send X to this account please. This is legitimate, I promise."

What really bends the mind is that people fall for it despite how obvious it is.  I've never seen spam, phishing attacks or anything similar that wasn't rife with bad spelling and atrocious grammar.  How stupid does someone have to be to read, "I am for want to sand you grate binavalins of moneys but a guvorn mint is hold my moneys and you most halp me for reeleese it", or "You're a count is suspanded and you half to reset it by going to this sight", or "WE FOUND MANLY HOT MILFS NEER YOU, CLACK HEAR", and actually consider it even remotely possible that it could be on the level?

Fucking pathetic.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

What really bends the mind is that people fall for it despite how obvious it is.  I've never seen spam, phishing attacks or anything similar that wasn't rife with bad spelling and atrocious grammar.  How stupid does someone have to be to read, "I am for want to sand you grate binavalins of moneys but a guvorn mint is hold my moneys and you most halp me for reeleese it", or "You're a count is suspanded and you half to reset it by going to this sight", or "WE FOUND MANLY HOT MILFS NEER YOU, CLACK HEAR", and actually consider it even remotely possible that it could be on the level?

Fucking pathetic.

Hold up now.  Whereabouts are these MANLY HOT MILFS?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!