What’s one “power” you are thankful hasn’t been given to AV’s in this game?

Crysis

I was soloing an AV earlier today and as I cleared out the trash around him it occurred to me how much nastier an AV could be if they could direct all attacks from all minions within the room onto a single player.  Sort of how a MasterMind can use “Attack my Target” and/or Bodyguard mode.  It’s a very effective tactic in PvP team battles and I can only imagine if the AV had the ability to call in all minions within the area to focus their attacks on a player.  The rules of aggro generally allow you to do what I did….clean the trash out of the area first, so it’s truly 1v1 against an AV.  But if aggro rules didn’t apply to an AV, and they had the ability to call in all available support -and- direct their attacks onto a single target (maybe via a highest threat indicator flag or similar), it could really up the challenge factor.

Or is this being done somewhere in the game already?

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

I have a feeling that if this existed, players would find a way to farm it.

That's exactly why the summoned demons on old school infernal mission don't award XP. When they first came out people used to sit there with a fire tank with burn on auto and have the bridge and sk back at mission entrance. The tank would never kill Infernal.

• Thumbs Up 2

A power that makes them intangible... oh.. wait.. 

Actually a power that would be really nasty on an AV would aim or build-up to give them a big burst of consecutive hits.  Similarly, I don't know of any AV's that do defense debuff... (Malaise maybe?)... which is nasty to anyone who can't resist it.... (oh.. Clamor, too)

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Malta's Slinger, MM Bot/FF, getting access to all the updated FF powers and then add Teleport pool. Throw Detention Field on anything that buffs, keep KB the melee and porting the Bots or foes while Repulsion Field keeps everything at arms length. Damping Bubble to push these already +def bots over the top off the top of my head. 

Edited by Ceejer
Spelling, what else?

3 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Actually a power that would be really nasty on an AV would aim or build-up to give them a big burst of consecutive hits.  Similarly, I don't know of any AV's that do defense debuff... (Malaise maybe?)... which is nasty to anyone who can't resist it.... (oh.. Clamor, too)

Silver Mantis goes wild with defense debuffs on every attack, and her damage is no joke either. She also has Build Up in her high level incarnations! Plus Dull Pain, plus Unstoppable...

Why should I be thankful for what abilities they don't have? I welcome any new challenges. This game is quite honestly really easy and straight-forward. I can think of dozens of powers/mechanics from other monster raiding games that would impose a real threat.

Edited by Nayeh

Twilight Grasp or any foe targeted healing power really, they usually have short recharge.

Only Ghost Widow have it thankfully. Combined with ridiculous level of regeneration of AVs and spammable foe targeted healing power, it gets tedious.

Edit : Oh, Protean has it too, but you can get out of his range pretty easily unless you are minion managing class....

Edited by Darkneblade

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That's exactly why the summoned demons on old school infernal mission don't award XP.

Or the summoned Behemoths in the 'portal room' in Oranbega maps. You had to be a bit careful doing it, though -- once you triggered a portal, you needed to back away so that your Burn patches didn't frag the portal.

36 minutes ago, biostem said:

Some Longbow bosses or Ballistas have this.  It is really annoying.

And pretty effective for them as it is most likely to hit a Tanker or Brute who is grabbing all the aggro.... then it prevents them from taunting anyone while it's up.  No taunt, no punch-voke, no taunt or damage aura.  All gone.  And I usually find aggro is pretty quickly stolen from me after that, especially if it has happened early in the fight, which it is likely to if you're the first to leap in and you taunt the whole spawn.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Stalker's Hide used by a good AI

Well that's the rub, isn't it.  Even Bane Spiders can only achieve their crits by using a version of placate beforehand to force them into a hidden state, and Night Widows basically have an OP smoke grenade...