Jump to content

Storm Blast


Snarky

Recommended Posts

It has a synergy to it, Storm Blast. Once you have Storm Cell running, it will live about two mobs similar to Creepers. It buffs everything. If you stack Storm Cell and Cat 5, it quickly feels like nothing is going to touch you. Yeah the T9 comes on slow, but you can start Storm Cell from a distance, hop in, drop the T9, and hop back to ranged. 

 

On a Storm/Storm/Elec Corruptor the stacking of freezing rain and storm cell (and why not? snow storm too) means everything crawls and flops like a blobfish. 

 

I can't wait to make a blapper with this set as the primary. Tested that too and wow. Nothing can do much by the time you have setup Storm Cell and start swinging. 

Edited by BazookaTwo
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

It has a synergy to it, Storm Blast. Once you have Storm Cell running, it will live about two mobs similar to Creepers. It buffs everything. If you stack Storm Cell and Cat 5, it quickly feels like nothing is going to touch you. Yeah the T9 comes on slow, but you can start Storm Cell from a distance, hop in, drop the T9, and hop back to ranged. 

 

On a Storm/Storm/Elec Corruptor the stacking of freezing rain and storm cell (and why not? snow storm too) means everything crawls and flops like a blobfish. 

 

I can't wait to make a blapper with this set as the primary. Tested that too and wow. Nothing can do much by the time you have setup Storm Cell and start swinging. 

 

Sounds like the possibilities of an "All Storm" team just got even more interesting.

 

Sorry, what is "it will live about two mobs"?  Maybe its because I've had less coffee today, but I'm drawing a blank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IDK about the nuke, but from reading the descriptions, the stationary, slow build of the powers is going to make it about as useful in the current game as Traps. Good during something like an MSR, Nemesis invasion, or maybe even the final Reichsman fight. Aside from that, by the time this set accomplishes anything, the rest of the team will be at the end of the mission.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking of it as a "nuke" might not be the way to go. I understand it's a T9 power from set with "blast" in the name and we've kind of been trained to think "blast set last power = big big boom many mobs die right now," but there's no reason that has to be true every time. Overall the whole set feels a little less literally-blasty than most, almost a hybrid blast/control set, and I kind of like that about it -- different sets being, y'know, different, and playing differently in ways other than "this one debuffs this, but that one debuffs that instead" is nice.

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mjolnerd said:

Thinking of it as a "nuke" might not be the way to go. I understand it's a T9 power from set with "blast" in the name and we've kind of been trained to think "blast set last power = big big boom many mobs die right now," but there's no reason that has to be true every time. Overall the whole set feels a little less literally-blasty than most, almost a hybrid blast/control set, and I kind of like that about it -- different sets being, y'know, different, and playing differently in ways other than "this one debuffs this, but that one debuffs that instead" is nice.

absolutely.  This one weakly waters your enemies corpses while your team races through the mission to the next spawn.  Theme baby!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Judasace said:

IDK about the nuke, but from reading the descriptions, the stationary, slow build of the powers is going to make it about as useful in the current game as Traps. Good during something like an MSR, Nemesis invasion, or maybe even the final Reichsman fight. Aside from that, by the time this set accomplishes anything, the rest of the team will be at the end of the mission.


Not every powerset needs to cater to zerg teams. If your idea of a good time is "Tank aggro then nuke" over and over and over again, best to probably skip this one. It's not for you.

Solo or on a normal team Storm/Storm is absolute glorious chaos. 

  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:


Not every powerset needs to cater to zerg teams. If your idea of a good time is "Tank aggro then nuke" over and over and over again, best to probably skip this one. It's not for you.

Solo or on a normal team Storm/Storm is absolute glorious chaos. 

 

Agree 100%. "Not for me" is not the same as "bad."

  • Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:


Not every powerset needs to cater to zerg teams. If your idea of a good time is "Tank aggro then nuke" over and over and over again, best to probably skip this one. It's not for you.

Solo or on a normal team Storm/Storm is absolute glorious chaos. 

 

Which follows: Since this t9 nuke is weaker on zerg teams and better while solo or in normal teams, does the set overall lend effectiveness to the latter situation? I have not tested myself, but from discussion it looks like yes, it does. The Storm Cell mechanic seems designed for a somewhat slower clearing team or solo. Storm Blast looks like it is very good for soloing or small teams.

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

Either way if the set is good or bad,  now is the time to leave feedback in the beta section.  Its much easier to convince the devs of changes before something makes it to the live servers.

 

Yeah, roflmao.  They are committed to this.  They are looking for bugs and minor tweaks mebbe.  But they are going to roll this out looking 95-100% the way it does right now.  

Dethklok | Metalocalypse, Cartoon tv shows, Laugh till you cry

  • Thumbs Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Yeah, roflmao.  They are committed to this.  They are looking for bugs and minor tweaks mebbe.  But they are going to roll this out looking 95-100% the way it does right now.  

 

Well, they're not going to throw out months of work and start over from scratch solely because Snarky doesn't like it unless you tell them that Snarky doesn't like it.

 

Maybe ask to speak to a manager?

  • Haha 8

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toki is wise.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

 

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Techwright said:

 

Sounds like the possibilities of an "All Storm" team just got even more interesting.

 

Sorry, what is "it will live about two mobs"?  Maybe its because I've had less coffee today, but I'm drawing a blank.

 

Two mobs, is the time duration of Creepers and Storm Cell, roughly. Long enough to affect two mobs.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay. So I know this in no way a high water mark for character optimization in this game but my fairly hastily put together Storm/SR sentinel has been happy soloing 8/+1 missions with bosses and AVs turned on and has fought and defeated Nightstar, Bobcat and Neuron  solo as AVs. With sets but no incarnate or temporary powers.

 

Mind you I'm a fairly casual player and didn't plan her out in mids or anything so I'm certainly happy with the sets performance so far. But yeah, its provably not going to be amazing on a fast moving team. 

 

Edit: Also for clarity Storm Blast was my only source of damage. I did not use proced out Dominate to boost it.

Edited by MirrorDarkly
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New stuff should be exciting, whinging makes it boring, go test it out, bring helpful suggestions, spread the word so others test it out too, it’d be nice to have some other voices bringing stuff to the table.

  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...