Ever build just for maximizing incarnate effects?

Snarky

I just started looking at the power I grab immediately on every Blaster at 50.  Alpha: Musculature Core Paragon.  Okay, on Dark I might go Radial for To Hit debuffs.  But, in chasing perfection, Core is shiny.  

Musculature Core Paragon.  Increases damage 45%, immobilization and Defense Debuff 33%.  Who uses those second two?

Well, Radiation Blast uses Defense Debuff.  Talk about living on the edge.  a Point Blank Nuke and your secondary effect being applied over time.  How often are Blasters missing anyways?  Yeesh.  

Hmmm.  I love the look of Rad.  One of the coolest looking Snipes in the game.  But noooooo.  I think not.  

No. 

But I thought about it once.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

Hmmm.  I love the look of Rad.  One of the coolest looking Snipes in the game.  But noooooo.  I think not.  

Pfft.. just paint it black and pretend it's Dark Blast!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

words

Musculature Core Paragon.  Increases damage 45%, immobilization and Defense Debuff 33%.  Who uses those second two?

words

Assault Rifle/Tactical Arrow Blaster. Burst has Def Debuff and Electrified Net Arrow (hits as hard as Burst) is an immobilize. Not built for it, but it's nice. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure the damage buff got paired with 2 lackluster effects to make it not the always best choice for every situation.  I rarely take musculature and instead get something that helps with durability or compliments my power sets.  Like intuition radial seems like it was made for ice blast/storm summoning with damage, hold duration, range, slow movement, to hit debuff and defense debuff.

Many alpha effects are half or more wasted on alot of power sets.  I wouldnt mind seeing a bit of damage sprinkled around to some of them,  even if it were only 15-20%,  just to encourage a bit more diversity in alpha selection since most people automatically recommend 45% damage.

• Like 1

I can't speak to Musculature, but I have a dark blast/super reflexes sentinel with Intuition radial paragon, and they use virtually all of its buffs;  hold, range, damage, & tohit debuffs.  The only thing they don't really use is the bonus to defense debuffs & slow effects, (but they could if I picked a different APP).

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

Absolutely.  It's the reason I almost always go for Radial Paragon Musculature rather than Core.  A free SO in every endurance recovery power?  Yes please; well worth giving up 12% damage.  The Run Speed may not be particularly useful, but getting some to hit debuff help with anything dark is nice.  Not to mention free defense debuff for any radiation or many handheld weapons.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

8 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Fire photon torpedoes!

That's one of the reasons I like that set!

To answer the question: no.  I level my toons up, no X2 Exp-P, no farming.  By the time I hit 50, I often move on from them without even picking up the Inc powers.  I think I only get them on something like 1 out of 5 toons?

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 5/16/2023 at 12:19 PM, Snarky said:

Who uses those second two?

The -def from Musc Core was (kinda, conditionally) noticeable on my Kat/Rad scrapper that didn't need the EndMod from Radial.

But building for something in the iSuite specifically? Hmm. I don't think I have. I've experimented with odd Alpha pairings on Beta server. Psi/SD still landed on Musc Radial though.

I think there are folks who will build planning on Cardiac or Ageless to solve for endurance, but I try to solve for that without it. Secondary effect in Musc Radial is usually enough if I am falling short.

@biostem called it though. Insight is an interesting one to experiment with.

Not an alpha, but when I realized how effective the slows are in RoF and RT for my Fire/Martial blaster I spec'd out Gravitic Interface (the side that mostly slows, not the side that debuffs secondary effects) to stack it. I'd call that Interface under-rated against the default options, especially on teams/leagues where the DoT stack limits from the common choices can come into play. That toon also carries Degen, but I've never felt the need to swap to it for more dmg.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I recently switched from Musculature Core to Intuition Radial on my Fire/Time/Soul corruptor to get the additional -tohit, slow and range. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel