Voice of the City?

Techwright

19 hours ago, Techwright said:

What character in the lore do you think comes closest to that role, basically the Voice of the City?

Just how all-seeing are the Menders of Ouroboros?  It's be interesting if Mender Silos provided narration for the larger, world/dimension-level stuff, and perhaps Blue Shield or Back Alley Brawler provided more ground-level commentary...

• Like 1

I think hamidon could be fun..or possibly the well.  

The well could be going from hero to hero villan to villan person to person and just looking at there lives for moments at a time and if it sees something interesting it zooms in on them and narrates there story. For a voice I could see it being like a legion of different voices all talking at one in a way that it represents the community itself.

Well the only person who would really fit the role perfectly would be Mender Silos. Granted, his history and motives are suspect to say the least, but he exists outside of space and time and has made his role to observe every detail of existence, including his own, and intervene only when he must to insure that humanity survives, at least I think that is his motive.........

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

21 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Dark Watcher

VA by Lance Henriksen.

16 hours ago, Saeletra said:

Radio Free Opportunity would be the perfect voice. With cheeky commentary by TV.  Red side Represent!

RFO VA by Matt Frewer (Max Headroom).

TV VA by Paget Brewster.

Or vice verse.  Those two arguing with each other in VA would be hilarious.

• Like 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

RFO VA by Matt Frewer (Max Headroom).

TV VA by Paget Brewster.

Or vice verse.  Those two arguing with each other in VA would be hilarious.

I only know Paget's work through the serious "Criminal Minds" show.  Matt Frewer, on the other hand, would be perfect.  If as TV, it would be a bit of a meta joke, since his Max Headroom only showed on a TV screen.

48 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I only know Paget's work through the serious "Criminal Minds" show.  Matt Frewer, on the other hand, would be perfect.  If as TV, it would be a bit of a meta joke, since his Max Headroom only showed on a TV screen.

She does a fair amount of voice over work.

She's the original Birdgirl from Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law and from the recent spin-off:

Seriously, check out HB:ATL, classic Adult Swim with Steven Colbert in the early episodes (he returns for some of the later ones as well).

I *thought* she did this VA, but maybe not. Similar sound though:

That doesn't seem to be in her IMDB credits though.

Edited by InvaderStych
stuff and things

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Id love to see Rico Fajardo as New Hero and New Heroine played by Lucy Christian

basically a  pair of brand new heroes right off the bus who get caught up in outbreak

together the two form a team of new heroes who begin their careers in Paragon city

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

5 hours ago, Charming Aloof said:

Brighid Moreira the (City Representative) in the Atlas Park City Hall.  As she used to handle the cape and aura missions for heroes, she must of heard of a few stories.

This right here.  She still does cape and aura and I can think of nobody better.  She's seen them all come in and out.

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 6/12/2023 at 12:18 PM, Snarky said:

You guys.  Seriously.  You WANT the voice to be this lofty impossible perfect person.

Flambeaux is the truth.

Nawp.  Fusionette.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 6/12/2023 at 6:12 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

Dark Watcher

I could see why some took Paragon City for snobby.  It has a way about it, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal.  We strolled, like a man in a park without a care or worry in the world, like we had on an invisible coat that would shield us from this place.  Yeah, I think it would be fair to say I liked Paragon City from the start.

The_Bookie.jpg

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**