Making the "Weave" power more accessible

13 minutes ago, Raikao said:

Yes, so disagree and tell me why.

You see, that's not a requirement. I would love for explanations for a great many emojis and "No"s posted on the forums. I've even gone back and asked for those explanations. However, noone is required to explain themselves. Everyone is free to just say yes, no, or nothing at all. Everyone is free to just post an emoji. It's just something that has to be accepted. (Trust me on this. I've been yelled at so many times on this forum for requesting an explanation. Apparently I'm very bad at phrasing requests and everyone reads them as demands though.)

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Raikao said:

Yes, so disagree and tell me why. I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with "lol never gonna happen, ratio'd, take the L, bye".

Sorry, you asked for a change, it's not the responsibility of the audience to prove why your suggestion is not desired, the onus is yours to convince US.

If someone doesn't agree with you, they don't have to tell you why, simply saying "no thanks" Is sufficient.

The fact you have an issue with someone not telling you why they are not open to your proposal says more about you than them. And if you then feel umbrage because you didn't get an explanation, perhaps some inward replection on the source of this entitlement is I order.

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You see, that's not a requirement. I would love for explanations for a great many emojis and "No"s posted on the forums. I've even gone back and asked for those explanations. However, noone is required to explain themselves. Everyone is free to just say yes, no, or nothing at all. Everyone is free to just post an emoji. It's just something that has to be accepted. (Trust me on this. I've been yelled at so many times on this forum for requesting an explanation. Apparently I'm very bad at phrasing requests and everyone reads them as demands though.)

What if i demand a request phrased as a demand in the form of an emoji?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:
11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

What if i demand a request phrased as a demand in the form of an emoji?

... I have no idea how to respond to that....

27 minutes ago, Raikao said:

Yes, so disagree and tell me why. I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with "lol never gonna happen, ratio'd, take the L, bye".

Here's another statement from that same moderator in that same post:

You have the right to respond CONSTRUCTIVELY to an idea.

If you don’t like it, no problem. Just say “I don’t like it”. You don't have to say why if you don’t want to. If you have a reason why you don’t like it, please tell us why. Focus your response on the idea, not the person.

So no. People don't have to explain why they don't like your suggestion, and it doesn't matter if you have a problem with it or not.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:
18 minutes ago, Akisan said:

🏆🤲💢  (🙏?)

Translation: SEND NUDES PLZ

Oh wow, it's been a while since I've laughed until I started crying.  Not at all what I had in mind, but it does fit (both as a translation, and Switchfade's request demand) (And, an excellent example of one of the reasons I generally use words, and not Emojis)

2 hours ago, honoroit said:

lets be nice to each other!

This is laughable coming from you, considering the way you consistently mischaracterize people who don't agree with you.

Part of 'being nice' is understanding that people can disagree with you and still be good people.

• Like 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

This is laughable coming from you, considering the way you consistently mischaracterize people who don't agree with you.

Part of 'being nice' is understanding that people can disagree with you and still be good people.

good people, on both sides?

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

good people, on both sides?

There's only one side here, only one. That side is people who love City of Heroes. Please stop trying to turn everything into a fight between two sides. Save that garbage for real life.

Also, you have no moral high-ground over the rest of us. You're playing this game right here along side the rest of us pirates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Sorry, you asked for a change, it's not the responsibility of the audience to prove why your suggestion is not desired, the onus is yours to convince US.

If someone doesn't agree with you, they don't have to tell you why, simply saying "no thanks" Is sufficient.

The fact you have an issue with someone not telling you why they are not open to your proposal says more about you than them. And if you then feel umbrage because you didn't get an explanation, perhaps some inward replection on the source of this entitlement is I order.

I literally explained why in another post. Maybe I should have linked that one. Fair enough.

28 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

fighting inherent

tough at level 20

weave at level 30

replace those two with headbutt and throw brick

add some fighting synergy where headbutt has a chance to stun, and throw brick has a chance to knockdown

There is no justification for the Fighting pool to be made inherent. Just like there is no justification for the Leadership pool, Speed pool, or Leaping pool to be inherent. As much as I didn't like the Fitness pool being made inherent, at least there was justification for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:33 AM, Raikao said:

Then remove the Suggestions area from the forums.

This take is mental beyond belief. You don't speak for the devs either. Unless there is a dev post explaining a "this is never happening" stance, this is not some "over and done with" discussion. Just because a few people are so much against the idea they get emotional about it.

All in the pursuit of some nebulous concept of balance, which applies to some things, but not to others and is presented as this unchanging fact. Case in point: You claiming it'll never happen.

I can only second what some others have said: This is one good change I'd like to see on HC. I don't want to play on other servers who have implemented this, because most of their other changes are shit and have warped the game too much.

But this ain't it chief.

First off you assume i was speakin for the devs in my post and maybe it may sound that way but the only person i speak for is myself.

Secondly, you assume i am against this. That is where you are incorrect. I'd love to be able to skip one of the two attacks in Fighting so i can get Tough and Weave but i know there will be a cost to it and that means more then likely the nerf will make it not worth takin other then to put sets in.

I take a look at at the ratio of suggestions that actually make it to the game vs the thousands that don't. That is a strong point to believe that it won't happen.

Maybe you are right and they should remove the suggestions thread but I don't think that would be a good suggestion.

This isn't NCSOFT, there isn't 20 plus people workin on this game anymore, so I would prefer the devs to work on things that would improve QoL for HC then to consider workin on a Suggestion in a thread. That's just me. Definitely not for you or anyone else in this game. 

As far as that Nebulous Concept of Balance. It sucks that it is required for somethings and not others but that is just life. Balance is everywhere and this game is no different and the ways I can think of balancin out the removal of Punch/Kick outweighs takin one of the two. Debuffin Tough/Weave, Buffin Baddies, removing them altogether and make it a truely fightin pool with only attacks. Now if I can think of those who knows what a group of Devs can think of.

I hope you have a peaceful day and remember....

Puppies and Kittens will make you smile  🙂

@Etched

27 minutes ago, Etched said:

I'd love to be able to skip one of the two attacks in Fighting so i can get Tough and Weave but i know there will be a cost to it and that means more then likely the nerf will make it not worth takin other then to put sets in.

im not sure this is a certainty.

whats going on:

1/ level reqs for fighting pool remain. one may simply select tough/weave at appropriate level, and weave can have a 1 prior requirement. tough becomes accessible with 0 prereq. (least pactful to restrictions, more complex implement)

2/ punch/kick are moved further in the fighting set, and tough/weave become 1st 2 choices (less likely for balance, earlier level availability, easier to implement)

-- what results? 

you can pick tough/weave WITHOUT needing punch / kick.

horray!

785131254_noragami(1).gif.db394343727785aea0e645285f9349ec.gif

-- honoroit, power pool balance expert

Edited by honoroit
  • Haha 1