Electric + Dark

BuiltDifferent5

@StriderIV’s recent post inspired me!

I recently ran an Electric/Dark Melee Tanker and learned I love the aesthetics of those two power-sets when combined. Something about how the bright electricity is blending with the dark shadows. Just LOOKS really cool, and feels powerful!

I’d love to run another hero combining an Electric power set and a Dark power set. I don’t even care what archetype! I just want to hear from the rest of you heroes (and villains 😎)…. What are some cool combinations of Elec and Dark that you have run/or theorize would work really well together?

I've done an Elec/dark blaster and wasn't the biggest fan of /dark on blasters.

That said an Elec/Dark troller can be a pretty resilient controller as you'll sap things while also having access to Shadow Fall, Fade, and Soul Absorption. That would make for a pretty decent pairing.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That said an Elec/Dark troller can be a pretty resilient controller as you'll sap things while also having access to Shadow Fall, Fade, and Soul Absorption. That would make for a pretty decent pairing.

Thanks for the suggestion! Since I’ve done the Tanker combo, I was kind of leaning the direction of either a Dominator or Controller! Would be a much different experience I’m sure haha

20 hours ago, BuiltDifferent5 said:

I’d love to run another hero combining an Electric power set and a Dark power set. I don’t even care what archetype!

I've had great fun with my necro/elec mastermind, (I consider necro to be "dark" for this purpose).  Just make sure to use a bind or macro to target your nearest living henchman so you can chain your abilities more effectively...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I would also suggest flipping it, Dark/elec.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

17 hours ago, BuiltDifferent5 said:

I’ve thought about this as well. I know Elec Affinity has a lot going on though. Would it be too much with laying down all of Darks controls and proceeding to buff with Elec? Haha

The point is /elec offers +recharge and Dark has Haunt which you can get back faster along with your controls.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 7/8/2023 at 3:18 AM, honoroit said:

does shock work on a corruptor? does shock scourge? 

if either or both are yes, elec kin becomes enticing.

it looks very 'dark' is you set it crimson, black, dark mode power colors.

I BELIEVE it does. Someone, please correct me if I’m wrong!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkir said:

In my testing I don't believe shock is allowed to scourge. I think it really should...but going through the combat logs I cannot find evidence that it does. @Bopper can you confirm?

I can confirm. Like other secondary/special effects, shock does not scourge.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Electric powers and dark powers go very well together, regardless of AT.

One reason is that electric generally has end mod powers that you generally may not slot for end mod.  Dark powers generally have -to hit powers that you generally may not slot for - to hit.  Musculature alpha covers both of these, which is nice.

another is that dark powers can be stun friendly, and electric powers can give you a very useful % for stun proc that stacks up stun mag.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

• 1 month later