Pride.

kelika2

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

Your proposal was as comprehensible as that of a four year old's excited recitation of what happened in kindergarten class.  Your follow-up responses were deliberately obfuscatory.  Put away the victim card before you give yourself a paper cut.

Because I still refuse to believe that said folks do not know what illusion damage was.  it was said twice in the OP

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Because I still refuse to believe that said folks do not know what illusion damage was.  it was said twice in the OP

That's not the problem. People are having trouble with the op because you've left out the words that would make it read as a suggestion rather than a statement:

Taunts do illusion damage that heal over a set time. This is a statement, and a factually incorrect one in the current game.

I suggest we add illusory damage to taunts. This is now a suggestion.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The only reason some of us understood what you meant was our long experience in either customer service or reading terrible programming specs.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, Parabola said:

Taunts do illusion damage that heal over a set time. This is a statement, and a factually incorrect one in the current game.

This is the suggestion forum

Not bug reports

Not archetype forum

Not Tanker forum

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

You went into an area of the forums where people suggest stuff and you thought it was ingame already?

People make mistakes. Bug reports have been filed on the Suggestions and Feedback forum. Website suggestions have been posted on the Suggestions and Feedback forum. (I'm guilty of having done this as well.)

Edit: All anyone is asking is that you give enough information for the rest of us to be able to understand, rather than assume we share the same references as you.

Edited by Rudra

6 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The problem wasn't "illusion damage", it was your shit-tastic communication skills.  You made what appeared to be a statement of fact, that Taunts deal illusory damage, then asked that it be "applied only to taunts" and not punchvoke.  This implies that all Taunts already cause illusory damage, and your request is that it be removed from passive Taunts.  Given that the rest of us know that Taunts don't deal any kind of damage currently, and "Pride." was a remarkably useless title pointer, everyone had to guess at what you were trying to say.  And when queried, you... declined to clarify, to phrase it politely.  I had to re-read it several times to figure it out, and I'm really fucking good with English.

The burden of comprehension lies on the writer, not the reader.  That's the most fundamental rule of communication.  You are responsible for making yourself clear.  It's not the reader's job to decipher an explosion of mental diarrhea to figure out what you're trying to say.  If you disregard that basic rule, you leave yourself open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding.

You were unclear, you acted like an ass when people asked what you were talking about, and now you're accusing everyone else of being slow because they couldn't instantly intuit what you meant from that stream of consciousness you vomited onto the screen (and refused to clarify when asked politely!).  Sorry, but it's not our fault you sound like you're high, drunk or literacy-challenged, it's yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

18 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

It is not my fault you walked into the suggestion forum and took it for a fact.

When you finish those remedial reading classes, you'll understand.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

8 minutes ago, Luminara said:

When you finish those remedial reading classes, you'll understand.

You still walked into the suggestion area and thought what i suggested was on the live servers.

This is what I am hung up on.  This is what I do not understand out of everything that was said.

This is the suggestion area of this website

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

still walked into the suggestion area and thought what i suggested was on the live servers.

This is what I am hung up on.  This is what I do not understand out of everything that was said.

Your original wording can be taken 2 ways - that you want to add a damaging component to all taunts (and maybe punchvoke), OR that Taunts already do damage (it could've accidentally made it to live), and you wanted to add that damage to punchvoke as well.  Both are suggestions. (That and illusion damage is a new term - Spectral Wounds from Illusion Control deals Psychic damage)

Lumi's (probably*) mad because you're being defensive about it (and coming off as condecending), and refused to clarify which of those 2 suggestions you were suggesting. (We now know it's the former, since Taunts aren't doing damage on the live server).

* - not psychic here, just guessing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/21/2023 at 8:04 PM, kelika2 said:

Taunts do illusion damage that heal over a set time.  Higher enemy rank, more illusionary damage.

More taunt slotted, more damage

Now I just want this to apply to taunts.  But having it to apply to punchvokes might be ok but might not.

I'm avoiding doing a respec, so I'll attempt to translate this into a suggestion that at least looks like a suggestion.

--- translate ---

I like the psychic damage that one does with Perfect Zinger's : Chance to do Psychic Damage, but I think all taunts should do this automatically.   This could be done with punchvoke's taunt as well, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate.

I also think it should act like Illusion's Spectral Wounds where the damage heals back over time quicker than normal regeneration.

--- end ---

What this doesn't address is powers that take taunt, like many powers such as Beta Decay.  Should they do this, or should it just be actual taunt (and I assume provoke)?

Personally, I don't think this is necessary since you can add Perfect Zinger to all powers that take taunt allowing this and I don't think it's a good use of dev resources.

And kelika2, maybe when someone asks for clarification, try to clarify?  You remind me of developers whose only answer to a user problem is "It works fine on my system"

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

You still walked into the suggestion area and thought what i suggested was on the live servers.

That would be because the original post was gibberish, with a completely unrelated title.  What does "Pride" have to do with anything?

Then you started with "Taunts do illusion damage that heal over a set time." My reaction on reading this was "Um... no, they don't, what are you talking about?"

You followed with "higher enemy rank, more illusionary damage," which had the exact same result.

"More taunt slotted, more damage" isn't even a full sentence, and doesn't clarify anything.  If anything, it sounds like you might be referencing some COH server other than Homecoming.

"Now I just want this to apply to taunts.  But having it to apply to punchvokes might be ok but might not. " Goes back to "WTH are you talking about?"

Just having a *meaningful title* - such as "Add  illusion damage to taunt" instead of "Pride" would have set a groundwork for people to approach the suggestion from. Instead we got the equivalent of :

"Mayonaise:

Scrapper noodle stick wallaby. Energy!

Peanut butter and jelly.  Brawl."

... and you getting in a snit because nobody could figure out what you were talking about. It doesn't matter where it was posted *if it makes no sense.*

As for the suggestion itself, of taunt (with or without Punchvoke) doing illusory damage, I'd have to ask:

1. Why? Tanks aren't hurting for damage, and

2, why this *sort* of damage (the whole healback thing is *annoying as hell* to me.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Well, all I know is that if the OP spent as much time elaborating on their idea as they did getting defensive and hurling net-drama at respondents it would still be a terrible idea, a blatant tanker buff, and one of the last things the game needs.

4 hours ago, Akisan said:

Does this mean I shouldn't invite @Luminara and @Snarky to a dinner party?

Where do I get tickets to this show? Lower Mezzanine Center, plzkthx.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.