Nice costume! (too bad it won't be around long)

cranebump

There are so many feelins raging in this post. It all started  from a post about a toon with a copy righted breach.

People are takin things and twist them into hate and anger. There is a point that you just need to back away and breathe.

As far as what everyone has turned this into...

Just words. They hurt only if you allow and once you do, the person that said them has won.

Baseball bats hurts. Words don't if you don't allow them to.

Time to let this one rest.

@Etched

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That’s not what was said

It absolutely is; look at the post Crumpet was replying to when they wrote "I'm the same".

I've said my piece here. It's disappointing to learn that this is how the game is being moderated, but apparently it is what it is.

Edited by Panache
  • Thumbs Down 2

34 minutes ago, Panache said:

It absolutely is; look at the post Crumpet was replying to when they wrote "I'm the same".

I've said my piece here. It's disappointing to learn that this is how the game is being moderated, but apparently it is what it is.

You are incorrect on so many levels.

No where does Crumpet say it’s moderated the way you are implying.  You’ve taken what was said, completely twisted it and have now gotten yourself upset about it.

Crumpet was simply stating that he/she was brought up during a time when thought processes were different.  What’s so wrong with that?

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Panache said:

You are taking things entirely out of context. They cited how they typically personally deal with things that might offend them. But in an earlier post they elaborated on how the team has discussions and the like. Those two things are not one and the same. Moreover, wither or not you personally like or dislike someone has absolutely zero impact on someone's ability to perform a task or job.

You are jumping to conclusions based on things not related, and creating a situation that doesn't exist, and presuming that it is true without any firsthand knowledge or experience of it.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Neiska said:

Or transposing a few letters of the name. Lets say someone wanted to make an omage to Wolverine, and instead uses the name, VVolverine, and instead of yellow and black, he is red and blue. Now, you or I might be okay with that. A staff member, may or may not.

And it's things like that which demonstrate either a shortage of imagination or a fixation on appearance. I remember, back on Live, seeing an 'xxxWolverinexxx' in a good copy of the yellow-and-black outfit before the generic renames began to be handed out end masse (one of the seemingly endless train of Wolverine clones, virtually all of whom had some contorted name to retain 'Wolverine' in the name), and it was kind of sad to see how hard people fixated on minutiae like that. Name the character 'Carcajou' (Canadian French, from the Algonquin 'kuàkuàtsheu') or 'Quickhatch' (from the East Cree 'kwiikwahaacheew'), and you're still calling the character 'wolverine', just in a way divorced from the Marvel character.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

And it's things like that which demonstrate either a shortage of imagination or a fixation on appearance. I remember, back on Live, seeing an 'xxxWolverinexxx' in a good copy of the yellow-and-black outfit before the generic renames began to be handed out end masse (one of the seemingly endless train of Wolverine clones, virtually all of whom had some contorted name to retain 'Wolverine' in the name), and it was kind of sad to see how hard people fixated on minutiae like that. Name the character 'Carcajou' (Canadian French, from the Algonquin 'kuàkuàtsheu') or 'Quickhatch' (from the East Cree 'kwiikwahaacheew'), and you're still calling the character 'wolverine', just in a way divorced from the Marvel character.

Oh for sure. Just last night my ITF was graced with the presence of Dan and Akuma from Street Fighter, and a few days ago I joined a DFB led by Homelander. Their names were different, Bios were empty (I think) but it was 100% their costumes, Dan's pink Gi and all.

8 hours ago, High_Beam said:

I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, the F word is a noun, verb, adverb, preposition, proper name, flavor of food, shade of a color and in general the best, multi-purpose word ever invented by humanity.  Use it.  Use it often and feel joy in your life.

Nah that is still the c-slur which the Australians have made into a word even more universal than any other slur.

• Game Master

For clarity as it appears I'm either being misunderstood or misquoted. As a person I have my feelings and preferences. As a GM I am impartial. We have guidelines we follow and also a system where we talk about issues and come to a consensus if it's not clear cut. If it actively involves me (and the same goes for other GM's) I recuse myself from the conversation completely and don't interact with the player or situation. I will also recuse myself if I feel strongly enough about something that I have a visceral reaction to it. If I'm angry, or annoyed, or upset then I won't involve myself. I would rather walk away from a situation than deal with it emotionally. I pass it to the team and let them handle it calmly and rationally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Neiska said:

Oh for sure. Just last night my ITF was graced with the presence of Dan and Akuma from Street Fighter, and a few days ago I joined a DFB led by Homelander. Their names were different, Bios were empty (I think) but it was 100% their costumes, Dan's pink Gi and all.

I think the old adage was "Name, costume, powers, pick one" - if you had 2 or more, you'd get generic'd...

33 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

For clarity as it appears I'm either being misunderstood or misquoted. As a person I have my feelings and preferences. As a GM I am impartial. We have guidelines we follow and also a system where we talk about issues and come to a consensus if it's not clear cut. If it actively involves me (and the same goes for other GM's) I recuse myself from the conversation completely and don't interact with the player or situation. I will also recuse myself if I feel strongly enough about something that I have a visceral reaction to it. If I'm angry, or annoyed, or upset then I won't involve myself. I would rather walk away from a situation than deal with it emotionally. I pass it to the team and let them handle it calmly and rationally. 

(checks gender preference) Dude, party on.

Who run Bartertown?

39 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

And to avoid confusion, I'm a he 😛 

To be absolutely clear I am a vampire.  Except for a passing interest in your blood type i do not care what any of you are, or what you do.  oh, and stay off my graveyard!

5 Reasons Tim Burton Should Direct A Universal Monster Movie

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Snarky said:

and dont think i am not pissed

Churches Use Solar Power to Enlighten Others - Covenant Companion : Covenant Companion

That road is hilarious.  I'd say that the guy who painted that had to be the same one who built the Shed of Doom, but I don't see any screws hammered in.  Must've been his cousin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

25 minutes ago, Luminara said:

That road is hilarious.  I'd say that the guy who painted that had to be the same one who built the Shed of Doom, but I don't see any screws hammered in.  Must've been his cousin.

Having a hump on your back makes drawing straight lines difficult, (especially if it keeps switching sides)... Now, walk THIS way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 12:26 PM, Luminara said:

Reporting criminal acts and behavior is a good thing.  Or were you under the impression that theft is a good thing to do or have done to you?

wait a minute... isn't this an illegal pirated game that we're all playing?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owl Girl said:

wait a minute... isn't this an illegal pirated game that we're all playing?

HC is (still) negotiating with NC for licensing.  In the interim, we apparently have NC's tacit permission to play, as long as there's no profit being generated.  So yes and no.  We're in a grey area of legality.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, Luminara said:

"I injected Granny Smith apples with a growth serum and ate it, and now I look like Shrek!" is fine.

"I was caught in a nuclear explosion that turned me into a giant dude with anger management issues, but I'm taupe and sparkle like @Snarky when he's playing baseball!" is fine.

"HULK SMASH!" with a giant green dude is not fine.

Now I need to make a green blaster called Snarky Smash

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, Luminara said:

Responsible people who witness criminal acts and behavior monitor the perpetrator while they wait for the authorities in order to ensure that further criminal acts or behavior can be witnessed and reported.  It's civic duty, not "cringy".

But that's not 'vigilantism.' You moved the goalposts, there.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com