Nice costume! (too bad it won't be around long)

cranebump

1 minute ago, kelika2 said:

Would "Try that on a small server" be considered political?

Yes.  I have my own "political" (I am a vampire, do not vote, but follow the power lines diligently) views.  

Regardless of whatever the song/phrase meant originally it is now hyper charged speech and should be avoided like a ....russian minefield....?

7 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Yes.  I have my own "political" (I am a vampire, do not vote, but follow the power lines diligently) views.  

Regardless of whatever the song/phrase meant originally it is now hyper charged speech and should be avoided like a ....russian minefield....?

Well the positive side of that is people wont be counter posting empty atlas parks with the phrase "also on a small server.."

6 minutes ago, smnolimits42 said:

lol he didnt even bother to try for a homage name 🙂

Yeah.  I am not sure how close you can get.  I mean, we do not want to work HC staff overtime.  They do this voluntarily and they have better things to do.

At Disney Land/World you (past age 14?) cannot dress as a Disney character.  This is not due to trademark practices, but because it can confuse young guests.  So die hard fans that are pros do something called "Disney Bounding" where they dress with similar colors, maybe a ribbon in the hair to match, but do not "copy" a character obviously enough to fool anyone.

An homage character, with "hints" at the influence, and a DIFFERENT name, might be fine.  Or pick something that is in public domain, like, maybe a nosferatu lol.

Edited by Snarky

25 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Sarcasm - because speaking directly is hard and takes to much courage

Personally my sarcasm is always pretty direct.  Never understood why people call it passive aggressive.  Unless you are an idiot it is pretty obviously in your face.

• Thumbs Left 1

30 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Personally my sarcasm is always pretty direct.  Never understood why people call it passive aggressive.  Unless you are an idiot it is pretty obviously in your face.

Rings true.

I have been called stupid my entire life.

• Sad 1

/e poofgone

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Why did you make this thread?  Why did you word the title like that?

Next time just send in a petition to the GMs, making hate-bait threads like this never ends well and it only riles up people who are bored.

You can do all the good you want but the second you think its ok to rub salt in the wounds thats where you fucked up.

---

And another thing is, if this post does not get through to you at all thats another fuckup.  Because you trying to talk to him obviously didnt work either.

I think I'll make a toon named "kiss me with that mouth"

Savory.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Sarcasm - because speaking directly is hard and takes to much courage

Sarcasm is more entertaining than telling someone directly that they're an imbecile, a liar, a contemptuous little shit-biscuit, etc.  

As for fear... a shocking number of people think apostrophes are "sentence seasoning", believe spaces between words are optional and couldn't defeat kindergartners in a spelling bee.  What are they going to do, adamantly misspell words?  Aggressively fail to punctuate correctly?  Vehemently use poor grammar?  🙄

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

picard-slow-clap-2589884966.gif.2fdabc5cdeaaf28583b39c34334e5813.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Why did you make this thread?  Why did you word the title like that?

Next time just send in a petition to the GMs, making hate-bait threads like this never ends well and it only riles up people who are bored.

You can do all the good you want but the second you think its ok to rub salt in the wounds thats where you fucked up.

---

And another thing is, if this post does not get through to you at all thats another fuckup.  Because you trying to talk to him obviously didnt work either.

Glad I have you to tell me what's right and what's wrong. Haven't blocked/ignored/reported anyone at all around here, ever. Till now.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

52 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Sarcasm is more entertaining than telling someone directly that they're an imbecile, a liar, a contemptuous little shit-biscuit, etc.  

As for fear... a shocking number of people think apostrophes are "sentence seasoning", believe spaces between words are optional and couldn't defeat kindergartners in a spelling bee.  What are they going to do, adamantly misspell words?  Aggressively fail to punctuate correctly?  Vehemently use poor grammar?  🙄

Let us not forget the lack of capitalization.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I think OP mentioning to the player that they would probably get generic'd was a nice thing to do.   And it's not like he posted the person's global, and it's not like we can look them up, since as stated, they got a generic right away.

8 hours ago, cranebump said:

Well, I tried to warn him what was going to happen. After it did, we had a discussion about what happened & why. They were gonna just shuck the game, but I tried to convince 'em to stay. Not sure it was a success. 

Just curious: The picture you posted showed the other player had the "Help Me" banner over the character name.  Did they state they were actually new?  I know some seasoned players take that banner for a lark.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Just curious: The picture you posted showed the other player had the "Help Me" banner over the character name.  Did they state they were actually new?  I know some seasoned players take that banner for a lark.

In conversation afterward, they seemed new.  Said they wanted to play the game specifically to be Dr. Strange and weren’t coming back. By the end of the conversation, they did say “IF I come back,” and joked that they’d take the generic as a sign of being too good at making costumes. But really. They got renamed as I was warning them. And it was a pretty good costume.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

11 hours ago, Luminara said:

Yup.

I am stupid. 

Thanks.

/e poofgone