A new option: Disable auto-run from Mouse movement

Wavicle

14 hours ago, Wavicle said:

It would be REALLY nice if we could have an option to disable Auto-Run from automatically kicking in when holding both mouse buttons.

It's very useful to be able to move using the mouse buttons, but not if doing so sets us to auto-run.

You can do this from options keymapping.

I do it on all new toons, it disables the auto run on both mouse buttons.

4 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

I do it on all new toons, it disables the auto run on both mouse buttons.

Log into any character, type "/bind MOUSECHORD +forward", then "/bind_save", that makes the change and saves it back to the default bind file, so it's there on any other character you make.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, biostem said:

Couldn't you also do /bind mousechord "NOP" to have to do nothing?

You can, but the OP wanted to keep the movement behavior, and only remove the toggling of auto-run from the bind.

For reference, unless I'm remembering wrong, you'd use . . .

/bind MOUSECHORD ++forward

. . . with two +'s, to re-enable the autorun behavior in case you change your mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Log into any character, type "/bind MOUSECHORD +forward", then "/bind_save", that makes the change and saves it back to the default bind file, so it's there on any other character you make.

Will this add the functionality to existing characters on my account, or only new characters?

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Will this add the functionality to existing characters on my account, or only new characters?

Good question, but even if it does not auto-apply to existing characters, since it would be set as your new default, then just clicking load default should load it. I think.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Sure, but just saying you can do it directly from the options menu also.