6 slot health and stamina? Pros/Cons

Only one of my characters has ever 6-slotted Health and she's also the one who 4-slotted Stamina.  The rest have rarely gone to 3 on either so far.  In the case of my scrapper who 6-slotted both Health and Physical Perfection she's an SR whose only heal is Rebirth.  She can sit at the scrapper max health over 50% of the time with regen rate pushing 33% before factoring in her Hybrid buffs.  It is seldom i see anything other than a Tanker with more health base.  

If I’m building on autopilot…

in health, the panacea, miracle, and numina uniques. In stamina, the power transfer and performance shifter uniques plus an attuned EndMod enhancement for whichever set bonus seems more useful. 

the preventive medicine unique is something a lot of my builds will try to fit in. But since it’s a global rather than a proc, there are often better places for it than stamina. Or I’ll be going for the 8.75 recharge bonus in some other power and will need 6 slots anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most of my toons 3-5 slots in Health,  all the usual procs. Stamina usually 3-4 slots with 3 Performance Shifters, with one being the proc and 1 Power Transfer proc.

Physical Perfection 1-2 slots with Performance Shifter Proc and Power Transfer Proc.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:32 PM, shortguy on indom said:

6 slot health and stamina?  Pros/Cons

I have better things to do with slots than to six slot either of them.

Honestly, I do 5 slot Stamina quite often. 3 End Mods, Performance Shifter : Chance for + End, and Power Transfer: Chance for Heal

I end up 3 or 4 slotting Health. Panacea: Chance for +HP and + End, Numina's Convalescence: 10% Recovery and 20% Regen, and Numina's Convalescence: Heal and sometimes Preventative Medicine: Chance for +Absorb, Regenerative Tissue: 25% Regen, or Miracle: 15% Recovery

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 10/15/2023 at 1:22 AM, Without_Pause said:

I 6-slotted Physical Perfection since I wanted the 8.75% Recharge bonus. Granted, once I figure out some numbers that might change. 

To add, my default is 1-3 slots in Health and 2-3 slots in Stamina depending on if I want the Power Transfer proc in Stamina or not. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Health gets 3 slots with the numina, miracle, and panacea uniques. It's never bad to get more endurance and regen. 

Stamina gets 4 slots with the performance shifter and power transfer uniques, then 50+3 at least of the endurance modifications from those two sets. This snags some minor but nice set bonuses and procs up health and endurance. 

On 10/15/2023 at 9:24 AM, shortguy on indom said:

Interesting.  

While in game a couple weeks ago, a teammate messaged that they just 2 slotted each.  Was scratching my head, really?

From the replies so far can see that just a few slots containing procs are preferred strategy for each.

I  have always 6 slotted both health and stamina since the 'live days.'

Seems to make my melee tanky defender more durable for the first 4 or 5 critical seconds during aggro dive into a mob.  Regen and recovery seem almost instant after the initial dive.

On one of my 3 builds, the 'toggle build' I run 10 toggles at all times.  Had to do some creative endurance red/endurance reduction slotting in other powers along with the 6 slot stamina to make it work, but for the others I guess I can get away with fewer slots.

I must be the only one who slots 'em all the way up. lol

I think you might be experiencing some perception bias.  You think it should help, so it seems to make a difference.  I would never six-slot either.  I would typically put 3 slots in Stamina and slot a level 50 endmod and two pieces of Performance Shifter, the +END proc and endmod.  Sometimes I'll only have one slot on Health and put a proc in it - Miracle or Panacea.  I did a discount invuln build where I ended up with about +360% regen.  He had four slots in Health.

You have a 'toggle build'?  Pardon my good-natured mockery.  I have a Spines/Dark Armor scrapper named Toggle Man who runs SEVENTEEN toggles in combat.  Toggle Man has 5 slots in Health and 3 in Stamina.  The only toggle he can't afford to run in combat while spamming melee attacks is Whirlwind.  And he does spam melee attacks.  He has very few of them, but has Hasten auto-firing to cycle them faster.  If Toggle Man doesn't need six slots in Stamina, no one does.  So toggle on some respect and put some of those slots where they'll do more good.  🙂

P.S.  I've added a link to my forum post with the story of Toggle Man in my signature.  It's a brilliant piece of prose that someone posted on the original forums and it inspired a character.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 10/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, Luminara said:

Health's base value: 40% +Regeneration.  Base time between Regeneration pulses: 12 seconds.

Health with 3x +0 SOs (94.93%):  40 * 1.9493 = 77.972%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.78 = 6.74 seconds.

Health with 6x +0 SOs (109.97%):  40 * 2.0997 = 83.988%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.84 = 6.52 seconds.

Health with 6x 50+5 Health IOs (127.7%):  40 * 2.277 = 91.08%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.91 = 6.28 seconds.

Health with 3x +0 SOs and 1x 10% +Regeneration set bonus: (40 * 1.95) + .1 = 88%.  5% HP Regenerated every 12 / 1.88 = 6.38 seconds.

The same math, and conclusion, applies to Stamina (base value: 25%, base time between pulses: 4 seconds).

Light slotting in Health and Stamina is rational.  Utilizing Heath and Stamina as proc mules or set bonus fodder is rational.  Six-slotting either power with SOs or common IOs is hamstringing yourself.

On 10/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, Hedgefund said:

I can't imagine what the 6th slot in Stamina would be, but this doesn't look too bad:
image.png.b454689f8d7fc3264877502db6c0b808.png

Everything is a unique or proc except the 2nd pieces of sets (Numi, Perf Shifter, Power Transfer) which are Heal or End Mod. 

That slotting for Stamina put end mod at ED Max and there's not another proc to slot so there's nothing else to put there.

Personally, I try to minimize slotting in both powers.  It's not atypical for me to have a Pana proc in Health and just a Perf Shifter proc in Stamina.  There are exceptions, just saying it's not atypical.

I also 2 or 3 slot both Health and Stamina. 

I've never tried six slotting either since before issue 5, nor have I done the math or looked in Mids like Lumi and Hedge.  But I wonder if it wouldn't make sense in a proc heavy build.  Tactics and Kismet +tohit for accuracy, Hasten and IOs for recharge, Stamina and Health for endurance, and as many damage procs as you can fit on all other powers. 

Now I have to start up Mids and theory-craft.

*Time passes*

Well, I did it.  I think its a viable build, but I wouldn't do it this way.  There's at least 3 or 4 slots I would move from health and Stamina.  Maybe more.

Spoiler

Chronic Flea - Time-Rad Def - Hero Defender
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Time Manipulation
  • Secondary powerset: Radiation Blast
  • Pool powerset (#1): Leaping
  • Pool powerset (#2): Leadership
  • Pool powerset (#3): Speed
  • Pool powerset (#4): Fighting
  • Epic powerset: Dark Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Temporal Mending

• A: Preventive Medicine: Heal
  • 33: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • 36: Preventive Medicine: Heal/Endurance

Level 1: X-Ray Beam

• A: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 3: Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage
  • 3: Shield Breaker: Chance for Lethal Damage
  • 5: Superior Defender's Bastion: Accuracy/Damage
  • 5: Superior Defender's Bastion: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 7: Superior Defender's Bastion: Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal

Level 2: Time's Juncture

• A: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 31: Ice Mistral's Torment: Endurance/Slow

Level 4: Irradiate

• A: Eradication: Damage
  • 17: Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage
  • 19: Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • 19: Obliteration: Damage
  • 21: Scirocco's Dervish: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 21: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 6: Combat Jumping

• A: Kismet: Accuracy +6%
  • 23: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • 23: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
  • 25: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 8: Distortion Field

• A: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 25: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 27: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 27: Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold
  • 29: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 29: Unbreakable Constraint: Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 10: Maneuvers

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 31: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

Level 12: Hasten

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 31: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 14: Time Stop

• A: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 33: Neuronic Shutdown: Accuracy/Endurance
  • 34: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 34: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 34: Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 16: Tactics

• A: Invention: Endurance Reduction

Level 18: Farsight

• 37: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
  • 39: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

Level 20: Proton Volley

• A: Gladiator's Javelin: Accuracy/Damage
  • 39: Sting of the Manticore: Accuracy/Interrupt/Range
  • 39: Sting of the Manticore: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 40: Sting of the Manticore: Accuracy/Damage
  • 40: Sting of the Manticore: Damage/Endurance
  • 40: Sting of the Manticore: Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 22: Electron Haze

• A: Superior Vigilant Assault: Accuracy/Damage
  • 42: Superior Vigilant Assault: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 42: Superior Vigilant Assault: RechargeTime/PBAoE +Absorb
  • 42: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • 43: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff
  • 43: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 24: Aim

Level 26: Cosmic Burst

• A: Superior Vigilant Assault: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 43: Superior Vigilant Assault: Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 45: Superior Vigilant Assault: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 45: Superior Defender's Bastion: Damage/Recharge
  • 45: Superior Defender's Bastion: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Superior Defender's Bastion: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 28: Chrono Shift

• 33: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 30: Atomic Blast

• A: Scirocco's Dervish: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 36: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 36: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge
  • 48: Armageddon: Damage
  • 48: Armageddon: Damage/Endurance
  • 48: Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage

Level 32: Time Crawl

• A: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage

Level 35: Temporal Selection

• A: Golgi Exposure

Level 38: Slowed Response

• A: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 41: Dark Consumption

• A: D-Sync Provocation

Level 44: Dark Embrace

• A: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
  • 47: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • 49: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP
  • 49: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 50: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 50: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 47: Soul Drain

• A: Fury of the Gladiator: Accuracy/Damage
  • A: Fury of the Gladiator: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 50: Fury of the Gladiator: Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech

Level 49: Vengeance

Inherents:

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• A: Celerity: +Stealth

Level 1: Vigilance

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• A: Invention: Run Speed

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 7: Panacea: Heal
  • 9: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • 9: Numina's Convalesence: Heal
  • 11: Miracle: +Recovery
  • 11: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 1: Hurdle

• A: Invention: Jumping

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: EndMod
  • 13: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 13: Performance Shifter: EndMod/Accuracy
  • 15: Power Transfer: EndMod
  • 15: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self
  • 17: Power Transfer: Damage/EndMod

Level 49: Quick Form

Edited by Bionic_Flea

I  have always 6 slotted both health and stamina since the 'live days.’

Yes. I would think you are. 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:48 AM, Bopper said:

I don't see how Stamina 6-slotted will ever justify that much investment. At most, you could dedicate 2 slots to maximizing the enhancement for the power (think two +5 IOs), then use the rest for procs/uniques. For Stamina, that would be Performance Shifter and Power Transfer procs.

For Health, you certainly can 6-slot if it suits your build. You have Preventative Medicine's Absorb proc, Panacea's HP/End proc, Numina's Regen/Rec unique, Miracle's Recovery unique, and Regenerative Tissue's Regen unique. That leaves you one slot if you'd like to enhance the Health power. My choice would be +5 Panacea Heal to get 53% enhancement and add a 2.5% recovery set bonus that you don't have to worry about losing to exemplaring. Or ditch the regenerative unique and go with another +5 panacea or go with an attuned numina. The extra enhancement and set bonus may be better off for you.

This^

On 10/16/2023 at 12:04 PM, Ironblade said:

You have a 'toggle build'?  Pardon my good-natured mockery.  I have a Spines/Dark Armor scrapper named Toggle Man who runs SEVENTEEN toggles in combat.  Toggle Man has 5 slots in Health and 3 in Stamina.  The only toggle he can't afford to run in combat while spamming melee attacks is Whirlwind.  And he does spam melee attacks.  He has very few of them, but has Hasten auto-firing to cycle them faster.  If Toggle Man doesn't need six slots in Stamina, no one does.  So toggle on some respect and put some of those slots where they'll do more good.  🙂

Super-cool!  I do like all the spinners myself.  Do not think I even have 17 toggle choices in my chosen power-sets. lol.

On 10/16/2023 at 12:04 PM, Ironblade said:

P.S.  I've added a link to my forum post with the story of Toggle Man in my signature.  It's a brilliant piece of prose that someone posted on the original forums and it inspired a character.

The 'Epic of Toggle Man.'  This should be required reading!!!  Awesome.

On 10/16/2023 at 12:51 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

Now I have to start up Mids and theory-craft.

*Time passes*

Well, I did it.  I think its a viable build, but I wouldn't do it this way.  There's at least 3 or 4 slots I would move from health and Stamina.  Maybe more.

It would work for sure!  Most of my builds over the years have been very similar. 

It would be difficult to screw screw up a Time/Rad, and I have tried. lol.  Very versatile combo, so I have tried just about everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

On 10/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, blackhand said:

I  have always 6 slotted both health and stamina since the 'live days.’

Yes. I would think you are. 

lol!!!!!!!

The only constant in my Time/Rad builds for almost 20 years.

lol!!!!!

Not easy for an old dog to learn some new tricks.  Am willing to try to change my ways.

Thanks everyone.  Appreciated.

I just verified my top 6 lvl 50 fully built characters.

None have more than 3 slots each in Health and Stamina

FA/Savage Tank runs 6 toggles(3H,3S), SJ/IceArmor Stalker runs 8 toggles(3H,3S), EM/Inv Brute runs 7 toggles(3H,3S), DA/Katana Scrapper runs 6 to 9 toggles(3H,3S), EN blast/Traps Corruptor is 3 slotted Health 1 slot in Stamina, Ill/TA Controller is 2 Health and 3 Stamina

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I have no serious criticism of the post quoted below, I'm going to use it to springboard some of my (alternate) thinking:

On 10/16/2023 at 10:20 AM, drbuzzard said:

Health gets 3 slots with the numina, miracle, and panacea uniques. It's never bad to get more endurance and regen

Stamina gets 4 slots with the performance shifter and power transfer uniques, then 50+3 at least of the endurance modifications from those two sets. This snags some minor but nice set bonuses and procs up health and endurance. 

The Numina's Convalescence unique (+10% Recovery/+20% Regeneration) only ends up in my builds (and always in Health) if I am also slotting a Numina's Healing piece.... and I only do this on high HP characters I expect to be taking regular damage. The 2-piece set bonus and the enhancement to Health itself is aces in my book. Often the high-HP characters are fitting on of these other pieces (Panacea, Miracle) in a primary/secondary power... if not those will probably also be in Health. This is the only circumstance when I ever have more than 2 slots in Health.

Otherwise I never chase Regeneration; IMO a slot that would go to the solo Numina piece can almost always go in some other power that will improve offense, defense, or endurance consumption. There are a number of 2-slot set bonuses that offer +MaxEnd, for example. This is why I almost never add the Regenerative Tissue unique to builds.(*1)

I also don't like the level requirement for the Numina piece. By the time it can be slotted, most characters should have improved defenses and Endurance usage should be relatively under control that those extra buffs are marginal. I suppose if someone took Hasten at level 4 they may have a different opinion, but that is a different field of discussion.

Personally: I am much more concerned about the blue bar being managed than I am about the green bar. Often my characters can 'recover' more Endurance simply by not spamming/button mashing a single attack than they would get from the +10% Recovery from the Numina piece.

(*1) As always, I will experiment with unslotters... and detoggling powers... to see how the choices of slotting impacts play style and outcomes.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:55 PM, ZekeStenzland said:

If I’m building on autopilot…

in health, the panacea, miracle, and numina uniques. In stamina, the power transfer and performance shifter uniques plus an attuned EndMod enhancement for whichever set bonus seems more useful. 

the preventive medicine unique is something a lot of my builds will try to fit in. But since it’s a global rather than a proc, there are often better places for it than stamina. Or I’ll be going for the 8.75 recharge bonus in some other power and will need 6 slots anyway. 

My autopilot varies on whether or not I made a Mids plan in advance.

If not, I start with Panacea proc in Health and Perfshifter proc in Stamina as soon as possible (lvl 7 and 17 respectively, both attuned).  Then add slots as I need them (Miracle proc in health, perfshifter end mod in Stamina).

If I'm planning ahead, or respeccing, it depends on how endurance intensive I think/know the build will be.  I try to avoid adding epic pool, like Body Mastery for scraps, unless that's really the only legit outcome.  I also try to avoid depending on Ageless in the hybrid slot (although that is almost always my choice) since I don't want to have to depend on that crutch if I'm playing below 50.

I'm working on the respec of a War Mace/Ninjitsu scrapper right now, and I know that to be a very endurance needy build.  So I'm going to legit 6-slot health (Panacea proc, Miracle proc, Numina proc, Regen Tissue proc, 2x lvl 50+5 Heal IOs) and 3-slot Stamina (Perfshifter proc, Perfshifter end mod, Power Transfer proc.)  Zeke makes a good point about Preventive Medicine proc, and the set also has nice set bonuses from the get go, but on this build I have it placed in a pre-req junk power.)  When I get around to it I'll note how well it works!

Who run Bartertown?

@tidge 

I thought that I was done thinking about this.  But you just got me thinking again. lol

@Yomo Kimyata

Scrappers, Tankers, Brutes and Arachnos may possibly be better served with something other than Panacea and others.

With the super high base and max HP, it does not look as good as other potential proc choices for 'Health,' but if your chasing End may be worth it?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

but if your chasing End may be worth it?

Exactly.  I almost always look at Health and Stamina as blue bar fillers rather than green bar fillers.  I vastly prefer active heals rather than passive ones!

Although I'm going to rethink some things.  It seems to me that defense-based builds are more popular in general than resistance-based builds, and I see a bunch of reasons for that.  It's easier to soft-cap defense, you can get away with 3-slotting defense powers but not so much for resistance powers, scrappers and stalkers bump up against the 75% cap, and resistance-based sets don't generally have defense debuff resistance baked in.  But high regeneration works far better with resistance builds than defense builds, since the damage coming in is is smaller chunks and easier to passively heal.  As always, it's nice to rethink some of my assumptions!

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

lol!!!!!!!

The only constant in my Time/Rad builds for almost 20 years.

lol!!!!!

Not easy for an old dog to learn some new tricks.  Am willing to try to change my ways.

Thanks everyone.  Appreciated.

My Time/rad build isn't done, and the character is all of 32, but I have Health single slotted with the Miracle proc and then the typical two slotted Stamina with PS: End Mod and the proc. Time already have a power which offers +End. Hell, my Fire/time Controller has the same slotting and that uses way more end. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Almost always the trinity of Panacea, Numina, Miracle in Health.

(Although I enjoy the irony of slotting Health for more Stamina!)

At least a Performance Shifter proc and Endmod in Stamina.

Maybe a slot or two extra if I'm on a toon without many Auto powers.

But yeah, ever since ED (don't they have drugs for that now?), six-slotting seems overkill.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

made a chart.

scrapper panacea very viable.  spoke too soon.

with all this HP/sec. regeneration available in base HP .....for some archetypes can see why health +regen not such a big deal.

scrapper chart below uses HP/sec.  but i left the HP/min. values there, because its easier to see whats going on.  Would not take very long to regen at all if you add the HP/min totals together.

Scrap base HP=1338.6 and max Hp=2409.5

Screenshot 2023-10-18 15.55.49.png

checked a few things in COD: 

-looks like it may be 5% +regen every 10.3 seconds instead of 12 seconds?  (chart above uses 12 seconds).

-looks also like the incarnates (alpha, destiny, hybrid) health boosting powers only affect the base 5% (enhancements look locked out).

-must be the set-bonuses and globals are the the same as both lines above.

2 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

-looks like it may be 5% +regen every 10.3 seconds instead of 12 seconds?  (chart above uses 12 seconds).

It's 12 seconds.  It takes 240 seconds to fully regenerate from 0 HP with no +Regeneration from any source (including Health).  The 5% HP regenerated with each pulse is invariable.  20 * 5% = 100%, so 20 pulses from 0 to MaxHP.  240 / 20 = 12 seconds between pulses.  With unslotted Health (40%), you receive a Regeneration pulse every 8.57 seconds.

The 10.3 to which you're referring is likely the duration of an auto or toggle power, and I'm guessing that it's Health (10 second activation period, 10.25 second duration).  The basic HP Regeneration mechanic isn't a power, so it's not on CoD, nor is it visible as such in Mids'.  It's in the Attribute Tables, and it uses a modifier (MeleeHealself, i believe), but that's all you'll find on CoD.

To be thorough, I suspect that there is a hidden HP Regeneration power, but it's not expressed as a power.  It's a foundational mechanic, like gravity, that does its thing in the background.  It's only visible by code-diving, or with development tools, and that's why it's a mechanic, not a power, in the terminology by which we define powers.

41 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

-looks also like the incarnates (alpha, destiny, hybrid) health boosting powers only affect the base 5% (enhancements look locked out).

Alphas just add the value of an equivalent enhancement to relevant powers, they don't alter the values of existing enhancements.  Vigor Core Paragon, for example, is like slotting a 45% Heal enhancement (technically, it's like slotting two Heal enhancements, one with a 30% value which bypasses ED, and one with a 15% value which is subject to ED) in every power which accepts Heal enhancements.  Nothing but boosters enhance enhancements, and Alphas aren't boosters.  Hybrid and Destiny powers which increase HP Regeneration aren't altering anything, they're not tweaking enhanced values or adding to enhanced values, they're simply buffing you with a set amount of +Regeneration (in the case of Rebirth Radial Epiphany, several set amounts with different durations), and whatever you have slotted is irrelevant to their functionality.

And nothing changes the 5%, it's 5% if you're at 2500% Regeneration or -100% Regeneration.  It's always 5%.  +Regeneration reduces the time between pulses, it does nothing to alter the 5%.  +MaxHP increase the 5% relative to the amount without you'd receive without +MaxHP, but it's still 5%.  It's just a bigger 5% because your maximum HP is higher.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

@Luminara

Following along, but you lost me on the last paragraph.

i mathed the first chart using the typical 12 second tick interval. 

check is below.  used units of HP/sec. since its what the game uses.

Basic formula:

scrapper base            
1338.6    5%    66.93    hp
1338.6    66.93    20    ticks
20    12.00    240.00    sec. to go from 1 to 1338.6 HP 

5%    40%    7.00%   new % using inherent +40% regen
1338.6    7%    93.70    hp
1338.6    93.70    14.29    ticks
14.29    12.00    171.43    sec. to go from 1 to 1338.6 HP (actual 40% base regen).

1338.6    171.43    7.81    HP/sec.           

So, if the 'combat attributes' for a base HP lvl 50 unenhanced Regen show 7.81 HP/sec then its 12 sec. tick interval.
If it shows 9.14 HP/sec. then it's 10.25 sec. tick interval. (not shown, but is the same).

I cannot check. M$oft laptop still broke. The 12 second calc looks cleaner than the 10.25 sec calc.