the holiday season song seems stalkerish...

Snarky

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
Yeah

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need (and I)
Don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking there upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy with a toy on Christmas Day

I just want you for my own
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow (and I)
I'm just gonna keep on waiting underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it to the North Pole for Saint Nick

I won't even stay awake to hear those magic reindeer click

'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do?
Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Oh-oh, all the lights are shining so brightly everywhere (so brightly, baby)
And the sound of children's laughter fills the air (oh, oh, yeah)
And everyone is singing (oh, yeah)
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need? (Yeah, oh)
Won't you please bring my baby to me?

Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just wanna see my baby standing right outside my door

Oh, I just want you for my own
Make my wish come true
Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

All I want for Christmas is you, baby
All I want for Christmas (all I really want) is you, baby
All I want (I want) for Christmas (all I really want) is you, baby

There are a number of songs which you think about the lyrics come across as stalker like. I know Adel has at least one. Sting made a comment about people who get married and their wedding song is Every Breath You Take.

Bah. I should have added the eternal awkward for the holiday season that is Baby It's Cold Outside.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

There are a number of songs which you think about the lyrics come across as stalker like. I know Adel has at least one. Sting made a comment about people who get married and their wedding song is Every Breath You Take.

Bah. I should have added the eternal awkward for the holiday season that is Baby It's Cold Outside.

Stop.

As a musician and somebody who  digs into obscure-sh song history.

Here is the best article ,,,sorry it is Variety

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/baby-its-cold-outside-song-war-1203080834/

Also the best section from it

"Taken maybe a smidgeon more seriously than its creator intended, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” is the story of a woman doing battle — not with a guy who won’t take no for an answer, but with the expectations of a society that won’t take yes for an answer. The most critical word in the whole piece is “ought,” as in, “I ought to say no, no, no sir.” She isn’t trying to fend off advances — she is mouthing excuses so she can “at least… say that I tried.” He won’t face judgment sneaking home, whereas she can tick off at least three family members who’ll notice when she sneaks in after hours. It’s not just the kinfolk but a nation of suspicious minds there at the door, waiting to sniff the cigarettes, booze and boys on her breath. At least two out of three of which she is explicitly the one asking for, by the way: “maybe just a cigarette more,” she requests, along with “maybe just half a drink more.” She is not being plied with alcohol — she is plying herself, with intoxicating stalling tactics she hopes will make the “spell” of romance and sexual chemistry finally out-loom the specter of the family scowling behind the porch light.

The fellow in the song makes some pretty funny arguments, including the threat of pneumonia, a rationale maybe even the vicious aunt would find acceptable for a couch sleepover. But he’s really the secondary character in the song. It’s not about acceding to a dangerous wolf. It’s about her succumbing to her own she-wolf. Which, at the very end, she does,  taking part in the closing bit of harmony and agreeing: As a matter of fact, dude, I will catch my death of cold out there."

Also it was written and sung by a husband and wife at parties ... as a goof.

Edited by JasperStone
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

/e poofgone

11 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

It's settled. This Christmas everyone shall make a Christmas Stalker as a new character. @Snarky likely wants dibs on dark/dark.

I'm in. I'll make Fra Gee Lay, the Itallian stalker with gams and fishnets for days. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Falling in love and expressing how it feels is literally quite possibly the greatest thing in all of human existance.  If you find yourself accidentally or intentially arguing against doing that, you should take some time and do some serious self-evaluation.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, tidge said:

Ma'am, this is a Wendy's.

820fbb8bab63a41c1d0f6a70670052a9-16_9.jp

Do you ever wonder why the neckline on the logo spells "MOM"?

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Stop.

As a musician and somebody who  digs into obscure-sh song history.

Here is the best article ,,,sorry it is Variety

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/baby-its-cold-outside-song-war-1203080834/

Also the best section from it

"Taken maybe a smidgeon more seriously than its creator intended, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” is the story of a woman doing battle — not with a guy who won’t take no for an answer, but with the expectations of a society that won’t take yes for an answer. The most critical word in the whole piece is “ought,” as in, “I ought to say no, no, no sir.” She isn’t trying to fend off advances — she is mouthing excuses so she can “at least… say that I tried.” He won’t face judgment sneaking home, whereas she can tick off at least three family members who’ll notice when she sneaks in after hours. It’s not just the kinfolk but a nation of suspicious minds there at the door, waiting to sniff the cigarettes, booze and boys on her breath. At least two out of three of which she is explicitly the one asking for, by the way: “maybe just a cigarette more,” she requests, along with “maybe just half a drink more.” She is not being plied with alcohol — she is plying herself, with intoxicating stalling tactics she hopes will make the “spell” of romance and sexual chemistry finally out-loom the specter of the family scowling behind the porch light.

The fellow in the song makes some pretty funny arguments, including the threat of pneumonia, a rationale maybe even the vicious aunt would find acceptable for a couch sleepover. But he’s really the secondary character in the song. It’s not about acceding to a dangerous wolf. It’s about her succumbing to her own she-wolf. Which, at the very end, she does,  taking part in the closing bit of harmony and agreeing: As a matter of fact, dude, I will catch my death of cold out there."

Also it was written and sung by a husband and wife at parties ... as a goof.

12 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

The best Christmas stalking song:

The song was written and performed as a way to tell party guests to go home.  It has nothing to do with stalking or being stalked.

Song: "Fuck off, you mooches, we wanna go to bed!"

People" OMG STALKING!"

Stop buying into moral panic nonsense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

16 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The song was written and performed as a way to tell party guests to go home.  It has nothing to do with stalking or being stalked.

Song: "Fuck off, you mooches, we wanna go to bed!"

People" OMG STALKING!"

Stop buying into moral panic nonsense.

I like that song so I made a stupid joke to post it. Lighten up Francis. Plus, you can't tell me the woman in the song isn't waiting to jump Santa's bones. That technically counts as stalking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

15 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

It's settled. This Christmas everyone shall make a Christmas Stalker as a new character. @Snarky likely wants dibs on dark/dark.

Christmas Stalker?  Dips on the name "Hung with Care."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

14 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Eartha Kit was so secski back in the day.  Its my third favorite Christmas song after Winter Wonderland by The Eurythmics and The Grinch by the Whirling Dervishes.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

21 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Sting made a comment about people who get married and their wedding song is Every Breath You Take.

Prompting him to write If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free. I think that made Sting feel better about what happened, but the stalker song is still pretty popular. 

But it's not the worst wedding song. That would be this one:

🙂

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

Christmas has always been about stalking.  I mean, these lyrics are from 1934.

He sees you when you're sleeping.
He knows when you're awake.

Then we better be f'in good, for f'in sake!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

23 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

I'm puzzled why this wouldn't be a stalker song. It's Catwoman, after all! Have you never been stalked by your pussy?

7 hours ago, cranebump said:

Prompting him to write If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free. I think that made Sting feel better about what happened, but the stalker song is still pretty popular. 

But it's not the worst wedding song. That would be this one:

🙂

U2's biggest claim to fame is providinng the worst ever Satnav. The streets have no name and I still haven't found what I'm looking for

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Did somebody say Stalker?

• O'Holy Knight (broadsword/shield, a Christmas crusader)
  • White Chris Muss (street justice/SR, think Black Panther but red and green)
  • 39 Annahalffoot Pole (staff/willpower, he's a mean one)
  • Jingo Bell (martial arts/ice armor, hey, that eggnog has super-soldier serum in it!)
  • Tinseltangler (elec/elec, those nuclear-powered Christmas lights didn't go so well...)
  • Tannenbomb (spines/fire, a fir tree (green colored spines) imbued with the raging spirits of a thousand hewn brethren)
  • Lumberjill (dual blades/invuln, dual blades are the chainsaws, archenemy of Tannenbomb)
  • Snow Bawl (ice/ice, mutant kid who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas, but the tears keep freezing up...)

I can do this all night, y'all.

I sincerely hope that you all are joking with the whole "Christmas songs are about stalkers" nonsense.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.