The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Web Grenade (or similar -Fly ranged attack) available through P2W.

Mister Sleepy

It super annoying to have to run 6 or 7 Weapons Raid missions praying to get a Web Grenade to bring down flyers at range. For villains, its no problem (day job power) but Baton is useless by comparison, and the game desperately needs a purchaseable or non-melee pool power to bring down flyers. I can't tell you how excited I would be if the PPD started using web grenades instead of batons! It would definitly be more useful for fighting crime.... A newer, more humane PPD? Webbings instead of beatings? I'm sure they could be reverse engineered from Arachnos Web Granades. Even better would by a P2W option.... I would gladly spend 50 grand for 5 Web Grenades.

• Like 1

Is the version available from arena vendors usable outside of there?  If a web grenade temp power is reliably attainable for villains, then I see no reason why some parity couldn't exist for heroes, and visa-versa.  A quick search also shows that there is at least 1 APP/PPP with a -fly power available to all melee ATs.  Lastly, the -range in taunt and confront are also kind of meant to address the lack of range, so they're an option as well.

7 hours ago, biostem said:

Is the version available from arena vendors usable outside of there?

As I'm recalling, no. PVP vendor stuff is usable in PVP zones/arenas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Done with the Kheld "community" here. Since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and crap on people who do.  Kheld backstory guide might be uploaded in a non-Homecoming location when I finish the revision. No, it may not be put on the HC wiki, and what was there of my first one has been removed. Please do not reupload. I'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be crapped on and told "lol, lore for a lore based AT, doesn't matter, f you."

(Note, this refers to the playerbase, not the devs.)

This post is not a refutal of the OP. However, except for other players, every flyer in the game will come to your character. You're in Terra Volta trying to take down flying Sky Raiders? Duck behind a building or hop on top of a roof. The fliers will typically drop to ground level and pursue you, or if you hopped on the roof, just fly straight to you. (Or just stand your ground and make rude gestures. The Wing Officers and Wing Raiders will fly to you even if you just stand there and wait. Sometimes the Sky Skiffs too.) Same thing works for every other flyer in the game in my experience. Longbow Eagles? Despite their coding to maintain range will fly right up to your character to shoot. Spirits and ghosts? Seem to prefer to be in melee range even for their ranged attacks.

15 hours ago, arcane said:

I would rather not lend any more power to temp powers personally. Envenomed daggers should be removed from the game or heavily nerfed too.

Possibly, but they allow to solo for the ones who like to solo. My last character was unable to defeat an AV since she would run out of endurance before the serums recharged. I would either give up on an hour of my time or travel to PD and buy what I needed to get past the roadblock.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

Possibly, but they allow to solo for the ones who like to solo. My last character was unable to defeat an AV since she would run out of endurance before the serums recharged. I would either give up on an hour of my time or travel to PD and buy what I needed to get past the roadblock.

You do know that AVs can be turned off in the difficulty settings, and that makes them into EBs while soloing, right? Stock up on a full tray of reds and munch them. It's an option at least. (I'm inclined to agree with @arcane on this. When a temp power becomes a must have for everyone (per the chats I've listened to), it's too good a power.

17 hours ago, Rudra said:

You do know that AVs can be turned off in the difficulty settings, and that makes them into EBs while soloing, right? Stock up on a full tray of reds and munch them. It's an option at least. (I'm inclined to agree with @arcane on this. When a temp power becomes a must have for everyone (per the chats I've listened to), it's too good a power.

Of course I do. Except where it doesn't.

7 hours ago, Sovera said:
On 11/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, Rudra said:

Of course I do. Except where it doesn't.

Where does it not other than TFs/SFs?

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

Then there is no issue about AVs not being downgraded to EBs.

In your PoV, no. Perhaps not in mine either since I can solo most AVs. But not in everyone's Pov. Lets not try that route where 'I don't like it, so no one else is allowed to like it', yeah?

On 11/16/2023 at 8:47 PM, Rudra said:

That's TFs/SFs. And if someone is trying to solo a TF/SF and complaining they can't, I still don't see a problem.

Honestly, I’m complaining that I can’t solo Hamidon.  Then again, I reallly haven’t given it the Ole Yomo Try yet.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Honestly, I’m complaining that I can’t solo Hamidon.  Then again, I reallly haven’t given it the Ole Yomo Try yet.

As a guy that's tried a solo hami run back in the day, my experience shows that the public won't let you complete it. They stayed at the safe rock until I had cleared a few mitos and then swarmed in looking to get in on that HO HO HO action.

7 hours ago, Sovera said:

In your PoV, no. Perhaps not in mine either since I can solo most AVs. But not in everyone's Pov. Lets not try that route where 'I don't like it, so no one else is allowed to like it', yeah?

Seeing as how TFs and SFs are meant to be team activities, it's not a question of "I don't like it, so no one else is allowed to like it". Rather it is "Can a single player clear this team activity without a team? Yes? Good for them. No? Then get a partner or a team to tackle this team activity."

(Edit: This is me, a soloist, saying it is good to have some things that may require a little help to complete. That it is a good thing that we may have some content that we need to reach out to a friend and say "Would you be willing to lend me a hand with this?".)

Edited by Rudra