Wow... so happy to have found this place.

I have not played CoH sense the closing of the official servers, with it one of my fave mmos ended.  Just wanted to say Hi!, and express how happy I am to have found this server/community to once again enjoy CoH/V and start making new memories.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

Welcome, HOME!

This is not a stagnant game, so be sure to read all the patch notes to catch up.  We're currently using "Pages" instead of "Issues" for the releases.  We have several powers now proliferated to other archetypes, some changes to costume components, and many goodies.  One of the big changes is to travel.  There's so many ways to zone travel these days, and the Homecoming team created an earn-able way to merge many of these under one "button" to conserve space.  Be sure to look for notes on travel.

I also recommend searching in General for threads regarding newcomers, beginners, or returnees like yourself.  There's many helpful comments found in these.

• Like 2

as I look over chr creation and what not(before reading any notes or anything) I noticed a lot of changes and said to myself "I don't think my old builds will be viable anymore".  Not looking forwards to the grind of rebuilding, but at the same time thats half the fun and the best way to learn all the new additions.

Seriously going to miss my billions of inf though lol as someone that is a serious alt-aholic this is going to get costly lol.

I will take tonight as a chance to lurk through the forums and read over patch notes, and other helpful comments, may need to remake a few chrs after that.  THEN hop into the game and start having fun.

But thank you for the welcome and hope to see you in game and to start to become a member of the community myself.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unless I miss my guess, most old builds will still work, more or less, but now you can have fun puzzling together new ones (or just stealing them from these forums, as I do).  Get a toon, any toon, to 50, keep playing that toon, and you'll soon enough have lots of Inf, no worries there.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Mizrach said:

I have not played CoH sense the closing of the official servers, with it one of my fave mmos ended.

Well, howdy.

Just a heads up: Reunion and Indomitable currently have double XP to try to drive new people to the less crowded shards.  Everlasting and Torchbearer have 1-1/2X, for the same reason.  Excelsior is the most crowded shard by a wide margin.

Also, the Reunion shard is located in Germany (to reduce latency for players in Europe), while all the others are in Canada.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

28 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Get a toon, any toon, to 50, keep playing that toon, and you'll soon enough have lots of Inf, no worries there.

At least that hasn't changed lol, odds are I'll do my master mind over again always had fun farming inf on that one

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Well, howdy.

Just a heads up: Reunion and Indomitable currently have double XP to try to drive new people to the less crowded shards.  Everlasting and Torchbearer have 1-1/2X, for the same reason.  Excelsior is the most crowded shard by a wide margin.

Also, the Reunion shard is located in Germany (to reduce latency for players in Europe), while all the others are in Canada.

I made chrs on both Indomitable and Torchbearer... will lvl up first on Indomitable to make use of the xp boost while its there

4 hours ago, Mizrach said:

I have not played CoH sense the closing of the official servers, with it one of my fave mmos ended.  Just wanted to say Hi!, and express how happy I am to have found this server/community to once again enjoy CoH/V and start making new memories.

Glad you have found a home.   Now, I would like to talk to you about the church of alts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

6 hours ago, Mizrach said:

as I look over chr creation and what not(before reading any notes or anything) I noticed a lot of changes and said to myself "I don't think my old builds will be viable anymore".  Not looking forwards to the grind of rebuilding, but at the same time thats half the fun and the best way to learn all the new additions.

Seriously going to miss my billions of inf though lol as someone that is a serious alt-aholic this is going to get costly lol.

fortunately everything is *a lot* cheaper thesedays compared to live

purples are 15-20m inf rather than 250-400m, things like numinas, LoTGs are 6-8m rather than 40-50m

welcome back 

• Like 1

MoonSheep beat me to it.  Be interesting to see how the market handles the spike in lvl 50s as the front edge of a whole lot of new accounts comes into existence.  But as Moonshine has said what influence you do have will be earned as quick as before but last a whole lot longer buying IOs off said market.

• Like 1

Send an ingame email to @yomo and you'll get 100 million influence.  A nice chunk of starter money, to be sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

50 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Send an ingame email to @yomo and you'll get 100 million influence.  A nice chunk of starter money, to be sure. 

so do you have to have the @ before the name when sending the email or just yomo? lol

6 minutes ago, Mizrach said:

so do you have to have the @ before the name when sending the email or just yomo? lol

It needs to be an in-game email to @yomo

the @ makes it an account email so that they can see it on any character they log in.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, Mizrach said:

You can also store stuff in your email this way. Inspirations, cash for alts, transfer of special stuff to alts

just email it to you global name @global. Mine is @Snarky. You can test it by emailing yourself a sm insp or 1 inf

Edited by Snarky
  • Thanks 1

You can store your Inf by sending it to @Snarky? Amazing! :D 

(You send it to your own global name ofc )

You can also make extra accounts to send emails to, if you run out of room on one account. There's a 100 emails limit to how many you can keep at once.

I would always leave a few of those 100 unused so other people can email you, too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mizrach said:

what is the inf cap now on a chr/account?

There isn't really a cap, per say. Characters can hold 2 billion inf in their pockets, plus as many email attachments as they can store attached billions to, and placed Auction House bids on non-buyable items for billions more, etc.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Thank you everyone that has welcomed me and helped me get adjusted again to the city, either a lot has changed or my memory has slipped with age(or maybe both?), but you all have made it a very easy transition back.

• Like 2

ok if anyone is still looking at this have a question, at what levels do people upgrade enhancements now?  With money still being an issue I don't want to be upgrading when I don't "have" to but at the same time i don't want to be a liability to any team i join or to myself when solo lol